Saturday, November 16, 2013

Persistently Pray - Unceasingly

BEADS OF JOY 11-16-13
“Persistently Pray - Unceasingly”
©2013 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

Today’s Gospel: Luke 18:1-8 (The Parable of the Persistent Widow) “And he told them a parable, to the effect that they ought always to pray and not lose heart. He said, "In a certain city there was a judge who neither feared God nor regarded man; and there was a widow in that city who kept coming to him and saying, `Vindicate me against my adversary.' For a while he refused; but afterward he said to himself, `Though I neither fear God nor regard man, yet because this widow bothers me, I will vindicate her, or she will wear me out by her continual coming.' And the Lord said, "Hear what the unrighteous judge says. And will not God vindicate his elect, who cry to him day and night? Will he delay long over them? I tell you, he will vindicate them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of man comes, will he find faith on earth?"
 

My Friends,

We may never know what the poor widow’s exact request was; but what we do know, is that her persistent, constant, unceasing approach for her request was heard and taken care of. There is much we can learn from this widow for our own prayer life. How is your prayer life? Yes we must trust in God all the time, yet in today’s parable Jesus tells us, “And will not God vindicate his elect, who cry to him day and night?” A persistent, consistent, constant, non-stop prayer life is so refreshing and honestly wonderful. Today let us embrace this blessed Gospel Rosary Devotion.

The 1st Joyful Mystery –The Annunciation
In this first mystery Lord, I ask for your continued love and mercy. I admit Lord, I don’t know all things, and I don’t know what’s always best for me. But before You Lord in all Humility I offer up my prayers, my love and my absolute allegiance to You alone O Lord. Today’s gospel teaches me that my consistent, persistent prayer isn’t prayed in vain.  It is You Lord who tells me to continue these prayers; just as our Lady’s life was all about obedience to You. Mary has shown me by her actions that living a life fully devoted and open to God –will certainly have me before You, in a position that is most favorable. Thank you Lord.

The 2nd Joyful Mystery –The Visitation
This most blessed second Joyful mystery Lord opens my heart to Others. Love of Neighbor is beyond simply accepting others with love. In this mystery and the gospel combined I see Lord how You want me to love and respond to my neighbor’s needs. I shall use common sense in any request, but Lord know that now I am more open to listen and to do all I can to answer their request in a way that You would want me to. Lord, I shall follow how our Lady, who immediately in haste rushed to her cousin’s side who was in need. Her unconditional love for others encourages me to always do that same.

The 3rd Joyful Mystery –The Birth of Jesus
Lord, this third wonderful blessed mystery brings me such Joy. As I ponder my thoughts about today’s gospel in this incredible mystery, I understand how important it is that I remain focused more consistently in my prayer life. My detachment from the things of the world is the fruit I shall take from this mystery. You alone are all that I want Lord -all that I desire in this life Lord is You. My focus on You Lord shall only increase as my prayer life increases. Our Lady’s life was all about You, she said yes before she knew You and she remained with You always. -Always leading us to You. You are all I want and desire Lord.

The 4th Joyful Mystery –The Presentation
As Mary and Joseph humbly brought You Lord to the Temple; I can see how their Obedience to God’s law and will draw me even closer to You Lord. Obedience isn’t always easy, but once “God’s Will” is more clearly understood –I can see how being obedient to You becomes more natural. In today’s gospel You tell us, “…he will vindicate them speedily.” My prayer life Lord will be magnified as I draw my life, my interests and my focus; more fully on You Lord. Mary and Joseph have been wonderful examples, teaching us how a consistent, persistent, unceasing obedient life to God’s law enriches our life, always leading us to You.

The 5th Joyful Mystery -Finding in The Temple
This is a wonderful mystery Lord for me to ponder. In my life Lord I shall have unwavering dedication to the sacraments and devotions that eternally honor You Lord. I can see only You, in my life, in my heart and in all that matters to me. As this widow stayed fully focused on her vindication before this unrighteous judge; I shall stay fully focused on You, the Holy Eucharist (YOU), my devotion to the Rosary –that is all about YOU. Thank you Lord for always loving me so much, most especially since I know I don’t deserve it. Glory and Honor and Praise to You Lord.

Today’s Joyful Mysteries has further filled my heart with the JOY knowing that You Lord have filled my heart with Your love.

LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!
Come PRAY THE ROSARY with us every evening Monday through Friday 9pm EST with our
"Our Lady's Rosary Text Vigil Group"


Invitations posted daily… and throughout the evening…
https://www.facebook.com/RosaryManJim

Your brother in Christ Jesus
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

I also invite you to follow me on Twitter and Pinterest:
https://twitter.com/Rosarymanjim
http://www.pinterest.com/rosarymanjim/pins/