Monday, November 18, 2013

Your Faith Has Made You Well

BEADS OF JOY 11-18-13
“Your Faith Has Made You Well”
©2013 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

Today’s Gospel: Luke 18:35-43 (The Healing of The Blind Beggar) “As he drew near to Jericho, a blind man was sitting by the roadside begging; and hearing a multitude going by, he inquired what this meant. They told him, "Jesus of Nazareth is passing by." And he cried, "Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!" And those who were in front rebuked him, telling him to be silent; but he cried out all the more, "Son of David, have mercy on me!" And Jesus stopped, and commanded him to be brought to him; and when he came near, he asked him, "What do you want me to do for you?" He said, "Lord, let me receive my sight." And Jesus said to him, "Receive your sight; your faith has made you well." And immediately he received his sight and followed him, glorifying God; and all the people, when they saw it, gave praise to God.”

                                        

My Friends,

Today’s gospel speaks of a special healing, a special grace. The blind beggar (Bartimaeus) was in the right place at the right time, while surrounded by good friends. He learned that Jesus was passing (nearby) and he knew if Jesus would only hear his cry, He most certainly would be the one to heal him. Today let us Pray The Rosary with a sprinkle of today’s Gospel message in it. A most blessed Gospel Rosary Devotion to remember.


The 1st Joyful Mystery –The Annunciation.
As I begin the Joyful Mysteries Lord, today’s gospel reminds me of the Annunciation. Just as Almighty God approached Mary, ever faithful and favored of God; Jesus approaches a blind beggar who is also faithful begging for mercy, knowing that Jesus was the only one who could heal him. One characteristic I see in both, is Humility. Today’s gospel is one of Joy and Healing, through the Mercy that You Lord give to all.

The 2nd Joyful Mystery –The Visitation.
This second mystery Lord most sincerely blends into today’s gospel in many ways. I can see Love of Neighbor in those who made sure Bartimaeus got close to Jesus. In Bartimaeus eye’s He could not see the world, but his eyes knew Jesus. I pray that I am always led to help other, my neighbors (all) to You Lord. May Your love always dwell inside me, so that I may be Your hands and Your feet to rush those seeking You –to You.


The 3rd Joyful Mystery –The Birth of Jesus.
In this mystery Lord there is much Joy. To the world a Savior is born. Bartimaeus was a blind beggar; there is no doubt that he was very poor. Just as Your life of Poverty Lord and Your complete Detachment from the things of this world was; is exactly how Bartimaeus lived until You healed him. Your mercy and Your love are the only treasure we seek.

The 4th Joyful Mystery –The Presentation.
Obedience most certainly was part of today’s gospel Lord. Just as Mary and Joseph brought You to the temple with two turtle doves; the crowd brought Bartimaeus to You as You commanded them to. Your love for us is immeasurable and merciful always, no matter what we do; it is unearned and unconditional. May this Presentation represent our hearts presented to You Lord, always loyal to our allegiance to You.

The 5th Joyful Mystery -Finding in The Temple.
This fifth Joyful Mystery focuses on our Piety, our faith. –A life focused on always seeking out God. Today’s gospel most certainly helps me see and understand how Bartimaeus’ faith was recognized by You Lord; as he was seeking, searching and reaching out to You Lord. I pray that I may live a life with such faith, even in my suffering as Bartimaeus most certainly did.

Thank you Lord and Thank you Mary for being with me; as I prayed today’s Rosary while I combined my thoughts and reflections on God’s Word.  

LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!
Come PRAY THE ROSARY with us every evening Monday through Friday 9pm EST with our
"Our Lady's Rosary Text Vigil Group"


Invitations posted daily… and throughout the evening…
https://www.facebook.com/RosaryManJim

Your brother in Christ Jesus
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

I also invite you to follow me on Twitter and Pinterest:
https://twitter.com/Rosarymanjim
http://www.pinterest.com/rosarymanjim/