Monday, November 11, 2013

Strength Can Be Found in Jesus

BEADS OF JOY 11-11-13
“Strength Can Be Found in Jesus”
©2013 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

Today’s Gospel: Luke 17:1-6 (Temptation to Sin) “And he said to his disciples, "Temptations to sin are sure to come; but woe to him by whom they come! It would be better for him if a millstone were hung round his neck and he were cast into the sea, than that he should cause one of these little ones to sin. Take heed to yourselves; if your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him; and if he sins against you seven times in the day, and turns to you seven times, and says, `I repent,' you must forgive him." The apostles said to the Lord, "Increase our faith!" And the Lord said, “If you had faith as a grain of mustard seed, you could say to this sycamore tree, `Be rooted up, and be planted in the sea,' and it would obey you.”


My Friends,

Today we receive truly wonderful and insightful words from our Lord. We must obey what He teaches us. Let's keep in mind and thought, the reality of who Jesus is in our lives, we can start by identifying who Jesus is? We all know, He is God, Almighty God, and creator of the entire universe, Jesus is equally one third the Holy Trinity. Knowing and truly believing that with all your heart makes obeying Him a complete and utter pleasure every day. So now let's look at today's gospel.

You know all of us have some sort of "driving force" in our lives. Something that motivates, excites, thrills and pushes us to the next level; to the next day, to the next moment every day. What is it that toots your horn? A rather unique way to ask I think. Satan sets traps for us every day, he is the expert in deceit and lies. He to like God wants our soul, but the difference is with satan, after he embraces our soul and entangles us in his web of lies, murder and destruction, he will cast us into the lake of fire of all eternity and torment us and his intention is to keep us from God for all eternity. A hefty price to pay for living a life that pleases our worldly pleasures alone. Many people are misled by others who sometimes knowingly mislead them. A very wise man, my cousin told me, "No matter how much money you have you will never buy happiness and what really matters in life, look upon your family, your kids, your wife, your parents; it don't matter how much money you have, you can't buy all their love and support." That was the very wise words of my cousin Eugene Mosiello. Thank you cuz. Those words truly resonate, I appreciate your love in sharing such insight, and I love you dearly in return.

How much do you really trust that our Lord will help you resist sin? How much do you really trust that our Lord will help you through the fire of temptation? Sometimes it's the temptation that defeats us way more than the actual sin. Know that we do have the strength within us, through God's grace to defeat the temptations, put before us in our lives. Yes, I agree with you, sometimes it seems as though it is absolutely impossible. Is it a desire to something carnal? …or hateful? …or revengeful? …or mean and deadly? Do you feel led to destroy what is good? …to destroy what is life? …to think you, yourself are your own God? I know to some, that may seem a bit far-fetched, but scary as that may sound, so much of it and even more is true for so many of us. There is only one God, one Lord, one leader and enforcer of the law, and His name is Jesus. Leaders and tyrants and dictators come and go in this life, but Jesus remains ever eternal. Let us not try to live our lives the way we want to. I know that just turned off a whole bunch of you all, sorry, you don't have to like it. Just read God's word and you will simply see that we must surrender fully to His will, not our own. In doing so, and seriously doing His will, we will not so easily be led into sin, the very sin that in the end can and will destroy us. Yes temptation will always come, how we handle it will determine the eternal road we shall travel.

We need to be examples for others to witness. Our lives will never be perfect by any means. We all fall short, no one is perfect and no one is without sin. But how we handle that in our lives will be seen by many, and that example will either led or send away many to our Lord. Trying our best and never giving into the world's definition of happiness and pleasure and success is a wonderful first step for many of us. Jesus Himself clearly tells us, "I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.” Luke 5:32. We are weak and we need Jesus, His love, His forgiveness and His help in defeating that which draws us away from Him. Refer to scripture for comfort, we are not alone as sinners. Jesus is with us with the help of the Holy Spirit, to help guide us back to Him through these temptations that mislead us. Look at what Mark 2:16-17 say, "When the teachers of the law who were Pharisees saw him eating with the sinners and tax collectors, they asked his disciples: “Why does he eat with tax collectors and sinners?” On hearing this, Jesus said to them, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.” Praise Jesus for loving all of us so much. Today let us look towards Jesus as we know and feel and sense temptation attacking us. He will be there to help us through. And when in doubt, share your true trust in our Lord, by praying to Him, "Jesus, I trust in You."


Helpful Prayer During Temptation
O Lord, I know I do not deserve your love and mercy, I know I am unworthy of it, I know I offend You often, I know You have loved me without me ever loving You. I come to You today Lord, trusting fully in You always -most especially in my failures. Lord, You alone are my refuge, clearly knowing that my ability to defeat the temptations in my life, can only be done through You and with You in my life. Today Lord I surrender all to You, “I can do all things in He who strengthens me.” Amen…

LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!
Come PRAY THE ROSARY with us every evening Monday through Friday 9pm EST with our
"Our Lady's Rosary Text Vigil Group"


Invitations posted daily… and throughout the evening…
https://www.facebook.com/RosaryManJim

Your brother in Christ Jesus
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

I also invite you to follow me on Twitter and Pinterest:
https://twitter.com/Rosarymanjim
http://www.pinterest.com/rosarymanjim/