Saturday, November 2, 2013

You Are The Messiah, Lord

BEADS OF JOY 11-02-13
“You Are The Messiah, Lord”

©2013 James Dacey, Jr. OFS


Today’s Gospel: John 11:17-27 (The Death of Lazarus) “Now when Jesus came, he found that Lazarus had already been in the tomb four days. Bethany was near Jerusalem, about two miles off, and many of the Jews had come to Martha and Mary to console them concerning their brother. When Martha heard that Jesus was coming, she went and met him, while Mary sat in the house. Martha said to Jesus, "Lord, if you had been here, my brother would not have died. And even now I know that whatever you ask from God, God will give you." Jesus said to her, "Your brother will rise again." Martha said to him, "I know that he will rise again in the resurrection at the last day." Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, and whoever lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?"  She said to him, "Yes, Lord; I believe that you are the Christ, the Son of God, he who is coming into the world."


My Friends,

Why did Jesus wait so long? What is the reason why Lazarus had to be left to die? I have considered many explanations in my own reflections. What seems to make sense to my understanding is this: 4 days in the tomb no doubt says Lazarus is indeed dead. And then Jesus, the Christ, the Son of God arrives. Though many believed in Jesus, many didn’t. This resurrection of Lazarus is kind of a precursor of Jesus’ own Resurrection. Later in this scripture from verse 40-44 this is what Jesus said: “Then Jesus said, “Did I not tell you that if you believe, you will see the glory of God?” So they took away the stone. Then Jesus looked up and said, “Father, I thank you that you have heard me. I knew that you always hear me, but I said this for the benefit of the people standing here, that they may believe that you sent me.” When he had said this, Jesus called in a loud voice, “Lazarus, come out!” The dead man came out, his hands and feet wrapped with strips of linen, and a cloth around his face. Jesus said to them, “Take off the grave clothes and let him go.”’

Jesus has been sent to us in the same way, to save us. We must trust that whenever He arrives to save us, to heal us, to help us… It is in the time that He so wanted to, and in the end it was all for His Glory in His Will. Our faith must remain true, even if we don’t see things happen when we want them to. When in doubt and you feel alone, lost or even completely misunderstood.. I ask that you take the time to pray one Our Father and One Hail Mary, One Glory Be and the Fatima Prayer…

Just Like this…
Our Father
Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary
Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death, Amen.

Glory Be
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Fatima Prayer
O my Jesus, forgive us of our sins. Save us from the fires of hell. Lead all souls into heaven, especially those in most need of thy mercy.

Ending Prayer
Lord I ask that you lead me through this, I trust fully in You, and I wait upon Your Will in this. I don’t understand any of this fully, but I do love You and that’s all I need to know. Glory and Honor and Praise to You my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Amen…

LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!
Come PRAY THE ROSARY with us every evening Monday through Friday 9pm EST with our
"Our Lady's Rosary Text Vigil Group"


Invitations posted daily… and throughout the evening…
https://www.facebook.com/RosaryManJim

Your brother in Christ Jesus
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS


I also invite you to follow me on Twitter and Pinterest:
https://twitter.com/Rosarymanjim
http://www.pinterest.com/rosarymanjim/