Saturday, May 10, 2014

Legacy -Write Your Story

BEADS OF JOY 05-10-14
“Legacy – Write Your Story”
©2014 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,
Legacy – Capture it, Share it, Move it forward. I ask that you allow me to help you begin to assemble yours. The purpose of today’s blog is to help inspire you and to help you capture and to help you preserve YOUR STORY. Each of us has our own life’s experiences, by capturing it (writing it down), we preserve these experiences in such a way that we can move these stories forward in our family line – even to generations there is no possible way we could ever know – moving forward even centuries ahead of our time. Can you imagine how exciting it would be for us, if we had an endless array of hand written stories of the heart from a family member who lived in the 1800’s, 1700’s, 1500’s? Obviously we couldn’t have ever personally known them, but through their writings we’d be blessed with getting to know who they are; hence who we are in and through our own blood line. We would have the opportunity to be directly inspired from our own heritage of experience and inspiration.
Put all the obstacles behind you my sisters and brothers; it’s time for you to begin to work on a masterpiece. Maybe your whole life has been fully focused on your faith and your walk with our Lord or our Lady. Maybe some have had a life full of recipes and cooking and the countless stories of gatherings that surrounded those memorable meals. No matter what it is, be assured that this project of sharing and recording all these most memorable events will be so personally fulfilling. But for now let us look at our lives, all the experiences we have encountered, good and bad; and let's begin to assemble a plan of action to capture this most incredible story.
Close your eyes for a moment (smile) ok, read this first. Take a few minutes and think about stories in your childhood that you specifically remember a grandparent or an older Aunt or Uncle told you or everyone often. I’m sure your family had stories like this; I can remember all my grandpa’s stories (my mom’s dad). He was a story teller. Back in the early 1990’s I made it a habit to visit him a lot. He shared all his recipes, and he and I talked about the many stories he always told us. I captured so many wonderful memories with him. I miss him so much. But now I can reflect upon so many wonderful specific memories of him. Memories I intend to push forward through future generations…
BEGIN TODAY… more blogs of this nature will be posted in the future. I am the Dacey Family Historian, the torch was passed down to me by my father’s older brother Alphonse Dacey.


LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!
Come PRAY THE ROSARY with us every evening Monday through Friday 9pm EST with our
"Our Lady's Rosary Text Vigil Group"


Invitations posted daily… and throughout the evening…
https://www.facebook.com/RosaryManJim

Your brother in Christ Jesus
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS
Dacey Family Historian


I also invite you to follow me on Twitter and Pinterest:
https://twitter.com/Rosarymanjim
http://www.pinterest.com/rosarymanjim/