Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Our Time Consumed

BEADS OF JOY 05-07-14
“Our Time Consumed”
©2014 James Dacey, Jr. OFS
My Friends,
Have you ever wondered: What is you life’s main JOY and main focus, your Passion? Hmm... I’m not speaking of people, spouses, children, family and friends. Directly after them, what would you consider the next most important focus in your life? I know of some who place their career or job as the next most significant part of their lives; and still others who place their financial status and how much they have in order to maintain their lifestyle next. Maybe you’ve never given thought to such a significant idea as this, maybe you have or maybe you never completed the thought. 

Take a moment and consider this…
Let’s say you live to be 80 years old, in today’s day that’s pretty reasonable and even though many live older, sadly many die younger than that. So to say 80 years old as an average life-span that would be pretty fair. With all that said, let’s look at the big picture of time. Before I share those thoughts, I like to reflect on the words of my dear longtime friend Sammy Bilotti.

“Cherish every day you have Jim, one day before you know it, you’ll be a dad and then a grandpa; and you will be wondering where did all the time go? Jim, time waits for nobody, it just keeps moving forward no matter who we are, no matter what we do.”


He told me that when I was a young teenager and to me at the time he was an old man. That was about 35 years ago and I can still remember that conversation like it was yesterday.  Since then Sammy has passed away. He was in his 80’s. See how precious time is. Can you look back into your childhood or school years and think, “Wow… that only seems like that happened yesterday.” And maybe it was 30-40+ years ago, you then wonder, “Where did all that time go?” See Sammy was right.

A reflection of time…
Let’s say you live till you are 80 years old... That means you had about 29,200 days of life here. To further expand that thought, that would be about 700,800 hours.
You will spend your time on average like this:

School – 18 years
Work (age 18-65) – 47 years of work
Work Hours – @40 hour work weeks / 52 weeks a year’s equal about times 47 years equals about 97,760 hours (4,073 days)..
Sleeping – Let’s say you sleep an average 5-9 hours a night. Using 7 as the number. You will have slept 204,400 hours of your life… That’s 23.33 years sleeping… That would be more than a quarter of your life.

I’m not even considering time spent showering, driving to and from work, cleaning, cooking, watching TV, time on-line, etc, etc, etc… Once you do all that and calculate everything… you will see that there isn’t much time left spread all over your span of 80 years.


MIGHT I SUGGEST THIS:
Try to incorporate our Lord and our Lady into your life. 1 hour a day of prayer (Rosary) or bible study or simply time with our Lord in adoration loving Him. Use the entire hour in some way or percentage using these thoughts. Doing that you will have spent 1,216 days of prayer time in your life, that’s 3.3 years… such a minor percentage of your life.  Instead why not do this....

Over the edge (My life’s Passion)..
A life of ALL THINGS JESUS
2 hours – 3 hours – 4 hours a day in prayer, writing, researching, sharing and staying fully focused on Jesus. Jesus is your life, your hobby, your almost every thought, your most favorite past time in all you do… This is great preparation for eternity… Truly time well spent..
“In other words… All things Jesus simply means: In all the things I do in my life Jesus is always a part of it, the center of it and the inevitable director of it. I wouldn't be ashamed if Jesus were there with me while I did it and I most certainly wouldn't be interested in it, if it excluded Jesus or offended Him. –To me, that is a life of ALL THINGS JESUS. It must be something that Praises Him, Shares Him, Honors Him or shows my Love for Him.” ~Jim Dacey Jr OFS


LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!
Come PRAY THE ROSARY with us every evening Monday through Friday 9pm EST with our
"Our Lady's Rosary Text Vigil Group"


Invitations posted daily… and throughout the evening…
https://www.facebook.com/RosaryManJim
Your brother in Christ Jesus
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

I also invite you to follow me on Twitter and Pinterest:
https://twitter.com/Rosarymanjim
http://www.pinterest.com/rosarymanjim/