Sunday, May 18, 2014

Our Lord Teaches Us

BEADS OF JOY 05-18-14
“Our Lord Teaches Us”
©2014 James Dacey, Jr. OFS
Today's Gospel: John 14:1-12
(Jesus the Way to the Father)
“Let not your hearts be troubled; believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And when I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. And you know the way where I am going." Thomas said to him, "Lord, we do not know where you are going; how can we know the way?" Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but by me. If you had known me, you would have known my Father also; henceforth you know him and have seen him.”  Philip said to him, “Lord, show us the Father, and we shall be satisfied.” Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and yet you do not know me, Philip? He who has seen me has seen the Father; how can you say, `Show us the Father'? Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority; but the Father who dwells in me does his works. Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father in me; or else believe me for the sake of the works themselves. "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I go to the Father.”

My Friends,
Do we pray to Almighty God with confidence knowing that through Jesus we know and see the Father? This life is full of challenges and fears and even at times a complete loss of hope. We must learn that all that we are, all that we will be and all that awaits us ahead is in the hands of a loving Father. For it is through the Son (Jesus) that we will be and can be brought directly to the Father. We can’t allow this life to rob us of that. Too many people invest their time and the focus and their hearts upon the things of this world. We must rather invest our time and focus and most especially our hearts only upon Jesus.
Might I suggest this: Surrender your life fully to Jesus, for there is no other way for us to be with Almighty God. Consider these simple thoughts as I reflect them from today’s gospel:
-Jesus is Almighty God’s only begotten Son. Hence Jesus has been with God, our Father since the beginning of time. Who better for us to follow back to God, but Jesus Himself?
-Jesus Christ has continually and even constantly now in our lives, teaches us about truth. Jesus’ truth sets us free from the world we live in. Our Lord speaks to us in such a way that His words, His deeds and His actions give us a solid moral example of the life we too must live as we follow Him to the Father.
-Jesus’ gift to us in this life is the wisdom and knowledge of how we might be able to live the abundant life; a life that will be everlasting. Our Lord teaches us that the trials and sufferings of this life should not be a distraction for us as we follow Him; rather these events should be best seen as a way for us to be filled with Joy knowing that nothing including these challenges will ever keep us from surrending fully to Jesus.
So what are we to do in this life? Jesus wants us to bring Him to others, sharing Jesus openly, boldly and humbly wherever we go, with whomever we meet. I am no saint and I continue to work hard every day asking our Lord to show me the way. But I will say this, I have no connection or locked down lifestyle in this life that keeps me from my Lord. Nothing…. Listen up for a moment… Nothing in this life has my attention, unless it has Jesus in it. Hence my only interests in this life must be about Jesus. So what ends up happening in conversation with anyone with me is this: I always share my faith, our ministry, prayer, the Rosary, our Lady; literally All Things Jesus with everyone I meet. This doesn’t make me any different from anyone else. I only ask our Lord that I in my meager humble life, live my life as an example showing that it is possible to be completely consumed by our Lord. And that He alone can be ours even in the trials and joys of our lives.
"Christ has no body now but yours. No hands, no feet on earth but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses all the world. Yours are the hands, yours are the feet, yours are the eyes, you are his body. Christ has no body now on earth but yours.” ~St Theresa of Avila


LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!
Come PRAY THE ROSARY with us every evening Monday through Friday 9pm EST with our
"Our Lady's Rosary Text Vigil Group"


Invitations posted daily… and throughout the evening…
https://www.facebook.com/RosaryManJim
Your brother in Christ Jesus
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS


I also invite you to follow me on Twitter and Pinterest:
https://twitter.com/Rosarymanjim
http://www.pinterest.com/rosarymanjim/