Saturday, May 17, 2014

Via, Veritas, Vita

BEADS OF JOY 05-17-14
“Via, Veritas, Vita”
©2014 James Dacey, Jr. OFS
Today's Gospel: John 14:7-14
(Jesus the Way to the Father)
If you had known me, you would have known my Father also; henceforth you know him and have seen him." Philip said to him, "Lord, show us the Father, and we shall be satisfied." Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and yet you do not know me, Philip? He who has seen me has seen the Father; how can you say, `Show us the Father'? Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority; but the Father who dwells in me does his works. Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father in me; or else believe me for the sake of the works themselves. "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I go to the Father. Whatever you ask in my name, I will do it, that the Father may be glorified in the Son; if you ask anything in my name, I will do it.”

My Friends,
Isn’t it always so wonderful to be able to read our Lord’s words in the Gospels? I simply love that. Today’s gospel places before us something most essential for us to think about… What is truly the greatest thing in this life that we should be focusing on? Are we really in tune with Jesus? Listening to Him, hearing Him, actually comprehending the words He speaks. Our personal relationship with Almighty God should always be numero uno!!! The definition of “numero uno” is simply “NUMBER ONE”. God must come first, and in today’s gospel we learn that Jesus and the Father are one. So when we see Jesus, when we hear Jesus, -Jesus Christ and Almighty God, our Heavenly Father are one in the same. There is nothing else in this life that we should place this kind of value and importance on. Possessing the true knowledge of who God is, MUST be our life’s top priority.
What is the essence of our faith? What makes us distinct from other religions? It’s our personal relationship and knowledge of who Almighty God our Father is. And it is through Jesus Christ that we learn about the Father. It is Jesus that makes this possible. When we see our Lord, we see a reflection of Almighty God our Father. It is through Jesus that we are able to see and know the Father. Jesus told us that when we pray and seek Him out, our Father in Heaven will hear our prayers. Jesus is without a doubt, the way the truth and the life.
The verse just before today’s reading is verse 6; and it is there that Jesus says, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. In Latin we hear it said “Via, Veritas, Vita” the Latin phrase meaning “The Way, The Truth, The Life” My sisters and brothers our faith is incredible, our Lord is and should be our life’s most important focus. Why do so many waste so much time and focus on things that don’t matter at all. Yes, let us work hard to support our families. Yes, let us the things we need to do to provide for them –a place to live –transportation when we can –food –clothes –etc. But please let us not be lost in the meaningless things of this life and forget God our Almighty Father. Jesus leads us, Jesus shows us, Jesus is before us telling us that He and the Father are one; hence no one goes to the Father except through Jesus.

Jesus Christ is via, veritas, vita !!!

LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!
Come PRAY THE ROSARY with us every evening Monday through Friday 9pm EST with our
"Our Lady's Rosary Text Vigil Group"


Invitations posted daily… and throughout the evening…
https://www.facebook.com/RosaryManJim
Your brother in Christ Jesus
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS


I also invite you to follow me on Twitter and Pinterest:
https://twitter.com/Rosarymanjim
http://www.pinterest.com/rosarymanjim/