Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Jim Dacey Jr's Medical Update

©2015 James Dacey, Jr. OFS




Hello My Friends,

So much time has gone by so fast. Here I take the time to glance back at a 32 year run with a ministry that has changed my life; as I hope it has changed yours. Please email me your stories, they will be so uplifting now; I wish to share them in future blogs. Our ministry of thousands of sisters and brothers from around the world, touching every continent and virtually every country (language was never a barrier). Since I have had all these challenges with Facebook and many of my social networks lately. I am just taking a much needed, way overdue “health break”; I really need to focus on getting myself as close to “healthier” as possible. This blog will be very active, possibly 5-7 times a week. Watch the blog and my Twitter wall for Prayer events…

From what my Neurologist says, “my left side” (arm, leg) numbness and tingling will probably be with me for the rest of my life. My left side remains weak and at times I still drop things (because I can’t feel them) and I occasionally trip over my own feet because my left leg gets weak and lazy. At the moment he don’t see anything changing, at least not right now. So he keeps me medicated enough to be able to deal with that issue along with a few other issues that seem to be a focus of great interest. Memory issues, dizzy spells, headaches, etc…

My Optometrist along with two other Optometrists, feel I may have brain damage instead of Glaucoma; but will most likely lead to Glaucoma (he is keeping me on my Glaucoma medication). They said they would rather I have Glaucoma, that’s at least treatable. But they are uncertain how this might playout moving forward, until they locate the exact location. They are certain the strokes caused this visual damage. At the moment it’s minor blind spots in my upper peripheral vision; there main concern is that it don’t worse. So for now (because I can’t afford to cover the cost a Neuro-Optometrist) these doctors see me every other visit, making sure that this blindness isn’t getting any worse.

Today I just saw Dr Fischer (Optometrist). He said my eye pressures were 18 and 22, rather high. He’d like to see a healthy 11-15 as my normal readings, but for now with all these visits I have never been that low yet. As far as my brain damage goes that is affecting my eye sight, there is NO fix, NO medication, NO real way to address or repair the issue; all they can do is monitor it. This damage in my sight will be with me permanently for the rest of my life. If I do have another stroke, “IT” could cause further damage; because it’s already a weakened damaged area.

I WILL BE PRAYING FOR ALL OF YOU…
PLEASE KEEP IN TOUCH!!!


LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

NEW EMAIL ADDRESS..
Directly contact me:
jimdaceyjunior@yahoo.com