Monday, July 20, 2015

Day 5 - Never Give Up

©2015 James Dacey, Jr. OFS



Hello My Friends,

If anyone has a good reason to give up, believe me it’s me. But I never will, I have a wonderful supportive family, countless irreplaceable friends and a solid Christian faith that keeps me Joyful and Happy and Content… But why did I say that first sentence? I’m sure I don’t stand alone with being pummeled with so much stress that no one person or family should shoulder, but this is my life. While some people live pay-check to paycheck, we live meal to meal, no more food money till now August 8 –tough road ahead. That is my biggest burden in life right now… is feeding my family. And of cause the bills that never stop, never end; that get rammed down your throat, even if you’re hospitalized with life changing issues -the bills slam right into your face with no mercy and bill collector’s call like it’s their personal money 8am-9pm 7 days a week. And oh yea, we are like inches away from being homeless (living out of our cars), that’s very real for us… Scary and Real… Ok... I just vented a bit, SORRY… but I needed that…  We all need to vent… it is healthier to vent then hold it all in…

Here I am saying don’t give up, never give up and I am whining like a baby who wants its bottle. Stress is a killer, don’t let anyone else tell you any different. Stress has a way to ripping apart your dreams, your creativity, your ideas, your Joy. Stress has no mercy for you. How do we deal with this on a daily basis? Well, drugs help a lot, but aside from that; I am only on prescription medication, I have never nor will I ever take any Drug (narcotic) whatever… No WAY…  The best way of dealing with stress is with exercise, walking and finding something to distract your attention is what you need to make it through the next day of stress.

That’s what I do… Mr. McRuff and I take our daily 2-3 mile walk every day through town. I am losing weight, he is losing weight and my mind has a chance for at least 45 minutes a day to breathe in fresh air and clear my mind. It really feels great. YES, my left leg bothers me; YES, my left arm gets all tensed up. My whole left side is tingling numb constantly, but I forge forward… But when I get home I feel a bit refreshed and a little bit energized. I use to be a “walking junkie” in the past, I love the endorphin rush you get from exercise (walking especially). Today we walked 2.4 miles. It took 45 minutes (3 rest stops – for me) and when I got home, I was wiped out and sweating like crazy, my Blood pressure was 117/75... Excellent!!! See in the end it’s all worth it. Now I will drink 8-10 bottles of water with fresh lemon throughout the rest of the day…  Little by little I have to do what I can do, so I don’t let my weight and lack of movement kill me…


Never Give Up, even if they (the stress) beat you to death!!!



LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!

Come PRAY THE ROSARY with us every evening Monday through Friday 9pm EST…
Invitations posted daily… and throughout the evening…
https://www.facebook.com/RosaryManJim

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

NEW EMAIL ADDRESS..
Directly contact me:
jimdaceyjr1965@yahoo.com

I also invite you to follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/RosaryManJim  

My Twitter format has changed a bit, I am exploiting the “Geek” side of me and I hope to have some fun while doing so… (you don’t need to be signed up, to see)