Sunday, November 6, 2016

Resurrection Questioned

BEADS OF JOY 11-06-16
“Resurrection Questioned”
©2016 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Gospel: Luke 20:27-38 (Resurrection Questioned)
“There came to him some Sadducees, those who say that there is no resurrection, and they asked him a question, saying, "Teacher, Moses wrote for us that if a man's brother dies, having a wife but no children, the man must take the wife and raise up children for his brother. Now there were seven brothers; the first took a wife, and died without children; and the second and the third took her, and likewise all seven left no children and died. Afterward the woman also died. In the resurrection, therefore, whose wife will the woman be? For the seven had her as wife." 

And Jesus said to them, "The sons of this age marry and are given in marriage; but those who are accounted worthy to attain to that age and to the resurrection from the dead neither marry nor are given in marriage, for they cannot die anymore, because they are equal to angels and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection. But that the dead are raised, even Moses showed, in the passage about the bush, where he calls the Lord the God of Abraham and the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob. Now he is not God of the dead, but of the living; for all live to him." 

Reflection:
The resurrection is questioned? WHAT?? Do you believe in the resurrection? Good! I pray that you said you do. If you don’t please spend more time in scripture, Jesus did say in John 11:25-26 “I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies, and everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?" It is through the power of the Holy Spirit that the resurrection is revealed to us. Ask Jesus to open your heart and your eyes and know that He has gone before us. Jesus has prepared a place for us to be with Him and the Father for all eternity.


Let’s look at some scripture:

Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me.  In My Father’s house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also. And you know the way where I am going.” ~John 14:1-4


Now the company of those who believed were of one heart and soul, and no one said that any of the things which he possessed was his own, but they had everything in common. And with great power the apostles gave their testimony to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus, and great grace was upon them all.” ~Acts 4:32-33


Now I would remind you, brethren, in what terms I preached to you the gospel, which you received, in which you stand, by which you are saved, if you hold it fast—unless you believed in vain. For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the scriptures, and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve.  Then he appeared to more than five hundred brethren at one time, most of whom are still alive, though some have fallen asleep. Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles.  Last of all, as to one untimely born, he appeared also to me. For I am the least of the apostles, unfit to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.  But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God which is with me. Whether then it was I or they, so we preach and so you believed.” ~1 Corinthians 15:1-11


Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! By his great mercy we have been born anew to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and to an inheritance which is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you, who by God’s power are guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.” ~1 Peter 1:3-5


I love scripture so much and it just felt right today, to let scripture be the reflection. My words would never be what our Lord’s words are and Paul’s words were. Having a passion for scripture really fulfills my life so much. I pray that you have this same insatiable desire in your soul to seek out scripture for answers and reflections and God’s direct words. Don’t let this be the end of today’s reflection, take out your bible and read a paragraph or chapter or be super bold and read an entire book today. Believe me, once you get hooked, you won’t be able to go one day without scripture in your life. I am always praying for all of you. Talk to you tomorrow.






LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

**(NEW DAILY FEATURE)

Today is Sunday: We pray the Glorious Mysteries:

The Glorious Mysteries

1. The Resurrection (Faith) –Mark 16:1-8
2. The Ascension (Hope) –Luke 24:50-53
3. The Descent of the Holy Spirit (Love) –Acts 2:1-4
4. The Assumption of Our Lady
(Grace of a Happy Death) –Rev 12:1-6
5. The Coronation of Mary (Mary’s intercession) –Judith 15:9-10

Glory and Honor and Praise to You Lord Jesus Christ!



Rosary Man Jim's Glorious Reflections: 
http://beads-of-joy-blog.blogspot.com/2013/05/the-glorious-mysteries.html