Friday, November 11, 2016

The Days of The Son of Man

BEADS OF JOY 11-11-16
“The Days of The Son of Man”
©2016 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Gospel:Luke 17:26-37(The Days of The Son of Man)
“As it was in the days of Noah, so will it be in the days of the Son of man. They ate, they drank, they married, they were given in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all. Likewise, as it was in the days of Lot -- they ate, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they built, but on the day when Lot went out from Sodom fire and sulphur rained from heaven and destroyed them all -- so will it be on the day when the Son of man is revealed. On that day, let him who is on the housetop, with his goods in the house, not come down to take them away; and likewise let him who is in the field not turn back. Remember Lot's wife. Whoever seeks to gain his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life will preserve it. I tell you, in that night there will be two in one bed; one will be taken and the other left. There will be two women grinding together; one will be taken and the other left." And they said to him, "Where, Lord?" He said to them, "Where the body is, there the eagles will be gathered together."

Reflection:
One will be taken and the other left! WOW!! ATTENTION ALL READERS: This is not a Star Trek movie; this is for real. It’s not like “Beam me up Scotty!” Nope, eternity don’t work like that. I admit I don’t think you get the same Hollywood effects with the lights and sound. But, it does make you wonder about it though. After reading today’s gospel if you are not right with God, you just may start counting the people around every couple of minutes to see if anyone disappears, all of sudden?? OK, maybe you won’t, but it’s got to make you wonder, especially if you are not right with God. So, the best solution is the only solution and the only way to live; and this will solve the question of concern. Each of us are responsible for our own actions and choices when it comes to our own faith. So let’s buckle down and get serious.

God knows our hearts and He knows we love Him. So, let’s start living a life that reflects that exact thought. Yes, you know what I am about to say. Go to Mass as often as you possibly can (I attend many different parishes, that’s so much fun), go to confession often (monthly), start a daily devotion like the Rosary and make it your own, go to Adoration weekly; all these things show a dep love and respect for our Lord. Also, do all you can to spend each day in scripture, whether it is the daily gospel of a paragraph or a chapter or an entire book. We were at the Goodwill store yesterday. Did you know Bibles are selling for .99¢ OMG! But that’s ok, that leaves no excuse why we can’t have or can’t afford a Bible. I use to give Bibles away for free, to anyone who in conversation with me said they didn’t have one. I am starting to do that again. So, I bought all 5 of the Bibles the Goodwill store had. In the past my truck had a box of Bibles and a box of Rosaries. I am returning to those old habits of evangelizing. I love that!!

Lord Jesus, I place all my hopes and my dreams and my future in your hands. Today and every day Lord I ask that you guide me and lead me ever so much closer to You. I know I am not worthy in your sight. I know I am a sinner. I stand before you begging for your mercy and love, knowing that by your blood I am forgiven and loved by You always. Thank you Lord for everything, including the suffering and the pain, for it there that I felt closest to You and for that I am ever grateful. Glory and Honor and Praise to You Lord Jesus Christ… AMEN.”

That’s my own personal prayer that I wrote and that I pray each day. Please feel free to use it as your own or modify it to your life’s journey. Stay strong in the faith, talk to you tomorrow.




LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

**(NEW DAILY FEATURE)

Today is Friday: We pray the Sorrowful Mysteries:

The Sorrowful Mysteries

1. Agony on the Garden (Sorrow for sin) –Matt 26:36-46
2. Scourging at the Pillar (Purity) –Mark 15:1-16
3. Crowning with Thorns (Moral Courage) –Matt 27:27-31
4. Carrying of the Cross (Patience) –Mark 15:20-22
5. The Crucifixion (Perseverance) –Luke 23:33-46

Thank you Lord for loving us so much…



Rosary Man Jim’s Sorrowful Reflection:
http://beads-of-joy-blog.blogspot.com/2014/02/the-sorrowful-mysteries_11.html

FRIDAY’S
I share this meditation I wrote back in 2010. Here I share my own personal insight and experience, as I journey with our Lady from station to station.

Many Franciscan groups around the world use this for their own group gathering while they meditate the Stations with our Lady. http://beads-of-joy-blog.blogspot.com/2010/03/marys-way-of-cross.html It is unique and emotionally very moving as you move from station to station… From my heart to yours.