Sunday, November 13, 2016

Signs of The End

BEADS OF JOY 11-13-16
“Signs of The End”
©2016 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Gospel: Luke 21:5-19 (Signs of The End)
“And as some spoke of the temple, how it was adorned with noble stones and offerings, he said, "As for these things which you see, the days will come when there shall not be left here one stone upon another that will not be thrown down." And they asked him, "Teacher, when will this be, and what will be the sign when this is about to take place?" And he said, "Take heed that you are not led astray; for many will come in my name, saying, `I am he!' and, `The time is at hand!' Do not go after them. And when you hear of wars and tumults, do not be terrified; for this must first take place, but the end will not be at once." Then he said to them, "Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom; there will be great earthquakes, and in various places famines and pestilences; and there will be terrors and great signs from heaven.

But before all this they will lay their hands on you and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues and prisons, and you will be brought before kings and governors for my name's sake. This will be a time for you to bear testimony. Settle it therefore in your minds, not to meditate beforehand how to answer; for I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which none of your adversaries will be able to withstand or contradict. You will be delivered up even by parents and brothers and kinsmen and friends, and some of you they will put to death; you will be hated by all for my name's sake. But not a hair of your head will perish. By your endurance you will gain your lives.”


Reflection:
Oh NO! Is this going to be all about gloom and doom? Is Rosary Man Jim going to share how the world will end? Will prophecy tell us on this day how to prepare for the end of the world? Is this the very blog that holds the secret? Well, first, calm down. LOL. I am not here to share a gloom and doom future with you; on the contrary I am here to share what we can do instead to live a joyous, happy, healthy life with Jesus at the center of our life. Some basic obvious things we all know, satan kills and destroys things and God restores and gives life to everything. So, with that said, the difference is obvious, then why would I waste any real time on the what kills and destroys.

The Gospel is the good news we need to embrace and share with the whole world. It is through the Gospel that we hear God’s Word, learn of His truth, His love and of our salvation through Jesus Christ. Jesus defeated death and sin through His death and resurrection and it is by that resurrection that we receive the abundant life of Christ. Embrace Jesus with all your heart, all your mind, with every single fiber of your being, your life will never be the same; you won’t be worried about end times, all you will be thinking about is… is the love Jesus has filled your heart with and how you might spend your life sharing it. Now breathe, that was a long sentence, but a complete thought. LOL.

I would say the best way to conquer the fears of end times; is to embrace God’s Will in your life and in all the circumstances and experiences we encounter through life. What is God’s Will you ask? Well, that is a personal question each of us can answer through prayer and through the guidance of the Holy Spirit. Once you start to understand it, even if not fully, you will understand it enough to embrace it, not question it. Once your faith kicks in, you will embrace God’s Will like many have. My hopes, dreams and desires in this life is God’s Will for my life. Yes, there is a level of uncertainty, meaning it’s not all mapped out, line for line with dates and dollar signs on it. But that’s ok. What I mean by that is that, wherever my faith, through my love for Jesus takes me, I will go. If it brings me to Northern, California -I am there. If it brings me to Laredo, Texas -I am there. If it brings me to Grand Forks, Minnesota -I am there. Yes, even if it brings me to Barrow, Alaska -I am there. Even unto death -I am there. My point is no matter where Jesus leads me, if it be His Will I am there, happy, content and knowing that I am serving Him. I am praying for all of you. Talk to you tomorrow.




LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

**(NEW DAILY FEATURE)

Today is Sunday: We pray the Glorious Mysteries:

The Glorious Mysteries

1. The Resurrection (Faith) –Mark 16:1-8
2. The Ascension (Hope) –Luke 24:50-53
3. The Descent of the Holy Spirit (Love) –Acts 2:1-4
4. The Assumption of Our Lady
(Grace of a Happy Death) –Rev 12:1-6
5. The Coronation of Mary (Mary’s intercession) –Judith 15:9-10

Glory and Honor and Praise to You Lord Jesus Christ!