Saturday, November 12, 2016

Persistent Prayer

BEADS OF JOY 11-12-16
“Persistent Prayer”
©2016 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Gospel: Luke 18:1-8 (Persistent Prayer)
“And he told them a parable, to the effect that they ought always to pray and not lose heart. He said, "In a certain city there was a judge who neither feared God nor regarded man; and there was a widow in that city who kept coming to him and saying, `Vindicate me against my adversary.' For a while he refused; but afterward he said to himself, `Though I neither fear God nor regard man, yet because this widow bothers me, I will vindicate her, or she will wear me out by her continual coming.'" And the Lord said, "Hear what the unrighteous judge says. And will not God vindicate his elect, who cry to him day and night? Will he delay long over them? I tell you, he will vindicate them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of man comes, will he find faith on earth?"

Reflection:
Do you have the kind of faith that will never give up, never loses hope in our Lord? Do I? Does anyone? How strong and persistent is your faith? Are you willing to do what it takes to remain loyal and faithful and devout to our Lord under any and all circumstances? When trials and sufferings affect our lives do we still remain loyal and faithful to our Lord? Does our faith continue to remain strong even under hardships? That’s the main question, to answer, to ultimately dig into for here. Even under the most stressful, most burdensome of times do we remain persistent in our faith, never giving up on love for our Lord no matter what?

Some of us go through some horrific trials. Some of us personally suffer physically to a degree that would destroy anyone’s faith. Some of us watch our loved ones suffer and even die before our eyes; and to the weak of spirit, they question their faith. Our faith must remain strong and persistent in any and all circumstances. God’s Will is unknown in a written sense, but by the situations we experience we can see how our Lord builds our strength and character, even in the most difficult of times. Trust is a great place to start in our faith. Trusting in His Will for us could help us reinforce the “why” in our lives.

What a shame it is to waste this life and not spend our life focused on our Lord. We have been blessed and given the time to spend this life for His Glory. Our persistence in prayer and devotion must out-weigh anything. No everything! Jesus must come first in all things. Our life must be a sacrifice to Him for Him as His life was a sacrifice for us from Him. No one loves us like He does. Our devotion must be strong and without reservation. Jesus loves us without reservation. Let us never be discouraged by anything that this life throws at us. Inner strength and persistent faith make us stronger in the toughest times. I understand that, I can’t fully explain it, but I do understand it. No matter what these past 6+ years of stress and frustration and pain and suffering have been to our family and Chrissy and me; I persistently remain faithful and loyal in my faith, never turning my back on my faith or my Lord. I am praying for all of you. Talk to you tomorrow.




LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

**(NEW DAILY FEATURE)

Today is Saturday: We pray the Joyful Mysteries:

The Joyful Mysteries

1. The Annunciation (Humility) – Luke 1:26-28
2. The Visitation (Love of Neighbor) – Luke 1:39-45
3. The Birth of Jesus (Poverty of Spirit) – Luke 2:1-20
4. The Presentation (Purity of Mind and Spirit) – Luke 2:22-38
5. Finding in The Temple (Obedience) –Luke 2:41-50

I simply love Saturday mornings, because Saturday like every other day of the week -begins with the Rosary.