Monday, November 14, 2016

Healing of a Blind Beggar

BEADS OF JOY 11-14-16
“Healing of a Blind Beggar”
©2016 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Gospel: Luke 18:35-43 (Healing of a Blind Beggar)
“As he drew near to Jericho, a blind man was sitting by the roadside begging; and hearing a multitude going by, he inquired what this meant. They told him, "Jesus of Nazareth is passing by." And he cried, "Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!" And those who were in front rebuked him, telling him to be silent; but he cried out all the more, "Son of David, have mercy on me!" And Jesus stopped, and commanded him to be brought to him; and when he came near, he asked him, "What do you want me to do for you?" He said, "Lord, let me receive my sight." And Jesus said to him, "Receive your sight; your faith has made you well." And immediately he received his sight and followed him, glorifying God; and all the people, when they saw it, gave praise to God.”

Reflection:
How determined are you to get Jesus’ attention? Even with so much opposition and fear amongst family and friends? Do you still persist regardless? In today’s gospel, Jesus reveals something important to us. If we are determined and persistent, even under opposition we can still reach out to Jesus and get His attention and a healing. Never give up hope! Never consider it to be too late to reach out to Jesus! It’s never too late and no matter what, our Lord will never abandon us. Sometimes it does take bold courage.

Have you ever encountered that one time in your life when the chips were down and you really needed our Lord? When you thought for sure that the whole world was against you? Many of us have been there. Many of may still be there. My sisters and brothers do not give up hope, simply reach out with faith and hope and Jesus will reach back and grab you. I understand how it feels when it feels like you are all completely alone. It is then that our Lord is truly with you. Do not allow the influences of the world around you to convince you there is no God. Faith and trust in Jesus and God’s Will, will help give you the strength to forge forward.

Sometimes our faith can be super strong and it feels like God just isn’t listening to us. And we ask, “Why Lord, what did I do, why are you ignoring me??” This is me now talking about my own experience. I found out through my own life that is was then that Jesus was closest to me and it was then that I needed to listen and trust, rather than speak. During these toughest of times I had to put all my faith and trust in God’s Will for my/our lives. And that was not easy to do. Even though I knew down deep in my heart that His Will shall be done and that He would indeed make all things new again, I admit I was still scared, but in a trusting way. I hope that makes sense. I never ever gave up my faith or my hope in Jesus. But I knew that I had stay bold and persistent in my faith and hope and love for Him; no matter what the outcome would be. Yes, we all seek a healing when we are suffering or a loved one is suffering; but in our faith and trust we must also accept that in His Will that may not be what is in store for us and we must accept that. The perfect example is ours: Chrissy’s terminal illness lingers for six years and she is surviving the worst of it so far; while I suffered two strokes and deal with side effects that have kept me out of work for more than twenty months now, with no sign of healing in sight. I must continue to be grateful and thankful and embrace God’s Will and believe me I do! Be strong and bold and persistent in your faith my sisters and brothers. Talk to you again tomorrow.





LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

**(NEW DAILY FEATURE)

Today is Monday: We pray the Joyful Mysteries:

The Joyful Mysteries

1. The Annunciation (Humility) – Luke 1:26-28
2. The Visitation (Love of Neighbor) – Luke 1:39-45
3. The Birth of Jesus (Poverty of Spirit) – Luke 2:1-20
4. The Presentation (Purity of Mind and Spirit) – Luke 2:22-38
5. Finding in The Temple (Obedience) –Luke 2:41-50

I simply love mornings, because every morning begins with the Rosary.