Saturday, March 27, 2010

Mary's Way of The Cross

Beads of Joy 03-27-10

Mary's Way of The Cross
w/ Rosary Man Jim
©2010 James Dacey, Jr. SFO


+ Sign of the Cross

Opening Prayer


Mary our Mother, you were there with Jesus as He began His way of the cross. The pain and humiliation must have crushed your heart. Your Son was treated so unfair, He was innocent of all charges. On the contrary, He had healed many and fed many and taught many. How could these same people who seen His kindness and love want to kill Him? Where do you find the strength my Mother to follow Him all the way to the cross? Please dear Mother, walk with me as I to follow your Son to the Cross. He has been condemned to pay the ultimate price for my sins; and my heart screams and yells and my eyes constantly almost uncontrollably cry. I am so sad Mother, I know how important it is that I need to follow your Son to the Cross. Please travel with me, so that by your intercession and my confession, I to maybe able to kneel at the foot of the cross with you. I am so undeserving of His forgiveness and love, there is no excuse for my selfishness. I should have tried harder in stopping my own sinfulness, why must He die for me? I am nothing, he is everything. Please let us begin this journey Mother.

1st Station - Jesus is Condemned to Death

Think about this: Jesus has already been scourged at the pillar and crowned with thorns even before He was brought before Pilate. There was no mercy for Him as He was beaten almost to death.

Mother Mary: How sad and distraught our Blessed Mother must have felt, here her Son was arrested in the middle of the night; beaten and pretty much almost killed by those who say they love God. The scribes and the Pharisees knew who Jesus was, but there selfishness lead them to kill the very man who came from the very God they supposedly worshiped. How much sorrow must have filled your heart Mary. I would image that you seen Jesus at the Pillar, holding on for dear life, as the guards continually, constantly beat your Son. The blood, His precious blood was everywhere. It was a literal blood bath. Many must have wondered how ever could anyone survive this alone. But we know you knew in your heart that you said yes to God and that you knew Jesus also had to say yes. Please allow me on my knees to help you clean up the blood with you. His blood has been shed for me, I do not deserve such love from anybody. Thank You Mary and Praise You Jesus.

-Our Father... -Hail Mary... -Glory Be...


2nd Station - Jesus Carries His Cross

Think about this: This cross was no little stump of wood, Jesus carried a heavy, oversized cross. He was being treated worse than the murderer Barabbas that they freed.

Mother Mary: Oh my dear mother, this journey only gets worse. You now see your Son holding a cross. A cross that was larger than Him, you saw all the blood they beat out of Him. You seen the look on His face when they presented Him before Pilate, the glances He gave you trying to reassure you. You felt your heart bleed with Him. The pain you must be enduring must be so overwhelming. Where do you get all this strength my dear Mother? How can I be like you as I cry and cry, seeing these people hurt and beat my Lord? I have never seen so much hatred and anger directed towards one man before in my entire life. Your Son loved everyone, He treated everyone equally, even those who didn't love Him. Please Mother Mary, show me how by your strength and love for Him that you too can carry this cross. I want to be with Him, I want to follow Him on this journey. I must admit my dear Mother I will cry, and I will suffer pain that I have never felt before witnessing such a brutal murder of such an innocent man.

-Our Father... -Hail Mary... -Glory Be...


3rd Station - Jesus Falls The First Time

Think about this: Jesus has already been scourged, a crown of thorns has been pressed upon His head, and a huge cross and been put on His shoulders to carry. Where did he find the strength? Jesus himself determined to continue fell while still holding on to the cross.

Mother Mary: How could you continue walking with your Son without collapsing in sorrow and pain seeing Him suffer so greatly? This is too much to bear, my heart is screaming at these people, why do they continually whip Him, can't they see He is in pain, can't they see all the blood? The anger and violence towards your Son is only getting worse, Jesus is now on the ground, one knee touching as he holds strong to the cross He must bear. Please Mother allow me to embrace you, and hold you as we both cry and scream to let Him go. I think I know how you must feel Mary, you don't think you can cry anymore, your hurt and pain are beyond tears, you are broken before Him. I feel that way right now, I have so much anger towards these heartless mean cruel people who are killing my Lord; yet in all that I have a desire to pray for them, to forgive them. I know that's not me thinking those thoughts, rather it is your Son who is my heart, helping me and you my mother to be like Him. Even when we fall under the anger and violence of a mean world.

-Our Father... -Hail Mary... -Glory Be...


4th Station - Jesus Meets His Mother

Think about this: The love that must have been shared in their union during such a time of such heart felt pain. Mary finally gets to be face to face with Jesus. Her eyes are swollen from all the tears, her heart is shred to pieces. Yet in all that she senses His strength and His will to do God's will. They both know He must continue.

Mother Mary: My dear precious Mother, however do you have such strength? I know I keep asking that, yet all I see is sorrow and blood everywhere. Your Son, my Lord, they are killing Him mother. These people only seek to destroy Him and end His time with us. Yet this meeting with Him, this moment you and He had the chance to lock eyes and hearts; it has given you such strength my dear mother. Your spirit seems more confident that we must continue, we must allow this to happen. But why mother, why can't I stop crying, I keep crying, my heart is so sad. My heart feels like its being teared apart and there is nothing I can do about it. I am screaming to the top of my lungs inside, yelling at these men who still keep whipping my Lord, why don't they stop. When does all this pain end my dear mother, when? Please pray for me mother. I need the strength you have to continue. I know it is through His death that we are made whole before God. But why must we see and feel and know the pain and suffering He endured? Taking all this in is keeping my eyes focused on Him. That must be why my mother.

-Our Father... -Hail Mary... -Glory Be...


5th Station - Simon Helps Jesus Carry His Cross

Think about this: As the hours and the whipping continues on this journey the cross is getting heavy; all the blood, all the tears in His skin, His body had to be so weak at this point. The guards realize He needs help.

Mother Mary: How much pain He is enduring is now endured upon one of those following Him. Simon has been pulled unwillingly from the crowd. My heart screams now for him, what are they going to do to him, another innocent man. Then mother as you and I together realize, they are having him help Jesus bear the burden of the cross. Oh mother your Son's burden is being lifted by another. Jesus is still teaching us as He is suffering. We to must help one another whenever we can, when we see others suffering. The love that must have flowed from Simon's heart when he eventually realized that he was helping Jesus. He was like us, in the crowd following in disbelief of the brutality that was being brought upon such an innocent man. Oh my tears have slowed down, but I know in my heart that this is far from being over. But this small sigh of relief has rejuvenated my spirit to continue following my Lord with my mother together.

-Our Father... -Hail Mary... -Glory Be...


6th Station - Veronica Wipes The Face of Jesus

Think about this: A woman in the crowd sees Jesus covered in blood, she like us has seen Him fall and struggle with the huge cross. All she wanted to do is comfort Him, oh how I feel the same way.

Mother Mary: My dear mother your Son is loved by so many. We are not alone in this crowd, many here are like us, seeking to comfort and be by our Lord's side as we suffer together. Jesus knew that Veronica's heart was hurting, He knew all she wanted to do is comfort Him. Look mother, she is there wiping His face, making it easier for Jesus to see. Veronica is crying mother, but it looks like tears of Joy, I think a saw her smile. Mother maybe Veronica to senses that we must continue on this journey together. But wait mother those guards are grabbing Veronica and yelling at her. Oh mother I fear for her safety, I fear that her love for Him makes them angry. Please Lord, do not allow her to be harmed, she's only seeking you like we are. Oh thank God mother, those guards pushed her back into the crowd, oh thank you Lord. Why am I crying again? I can't completely stop crying, I know in my heart what is going on here, but I can't stop crying. I know mother, these are a mix of tears of sorrow and of Joy. I can't fully understand them yet, but I trust in the end, that my tears will be all of Joy for your Son, my Lord.

-Our Father... -Hail Mary... -Glory Be...


7th Station - Jesus Falls The Second Time

Think about this: Jesus has fallen again, He is now down on both knees trying to keep the cross on His shoulder. The pain, the weight of the cross, His legs are struggling as he finds that renewed energy to continue.

Mother Mary: My dear sweet mother, your Son is truly suffering, His fall confirms that this is taking its toll on His body, the suffering is getting worse. Mother look at His wounds this fall has teared open so many of them, He is bleeding even more. Oh mother my heart is in so much pain, I feel the tears again mother. Oh no, here they come, I can't stop crying every time I see my Lord suffering like this. What can I do? How can I stop this pain? The more He suffers for me, the more I suffer with Him. Mother why do those guards keep hitting Him, why are they yelling at Him. Oh mother please stay with me, I am trying to understand this with all my heart, but I keep falling back into my own human feelings. I know Jesus is dying for my sins, and that by His death we will be united with Him forever in eternity in Heaven. I....I.. I know that mother. But I can't stop crying for Him. He is an innocent man who is dying for me, an unworthy man. He does not deserve to be treated so cruelly. Please mother help me more fully understand.

-Our Father... -Hail Mary... -Glory Be...


8th Station - Jesus Meets The Women of Jerusalem

Think about this: As Jesus continues to be beaten and yelled at, a group of devout women who have been following Him, are crying for Him, they feel His pain. Yet in all His pain He continues.

Mother Mary: Mother who are all those women? Oh wait I think I recognize some of them. There's the woman whose daughter was raised from the dead, and the others I saw when Jesus multiplied the loaves and fish. Mother these woman have been with Jesus and us all along. They are crying so much mother, I thought my tears were endless, mother I am going to cry with them, I can't help it. The love they are sharing not only for Jesus, but before the crowd is moving all our hearts. I think these are tears of Joy mother. These women are here out of commitment to your Son. They are showing Him in a most sorrowful way that they to stand with Him. Oh no mother, those two guards are walking towards the women. I pray Lord, please protect them. Oh, thank you Lord, mother the guards are only breaking up the women and sending them back into the crowds. My heart has been moved greatly at this station my mother. No matter how long and how hard the road ahead seems, we are not alone. Your Son loves us so much, that he is willing to die for us to save us. Thank you Jesus for sharing these devout, faithful women with us, they have moved my spirit yet even closer to You.

-Our Father... -Hail Mary... -Glory Be...


9th Station - Jesus Falls The Third Time

Think about this: Jesus has fallen again under the weight of a cross that must feel like a thousand pounds by now. His torn up body is getting weaker. This fall that sends Him on His face reminds Him of all the tears that are in His skin. He starts bleeding heavy again.

Mother Mary: My mother why do these guards keep kicking Him when He falls down. Can't they see He is in pain? Oh no mother, Jesus is really bleeding so much more now, this fall is so taking it's toll on His frail beat up body. I pray that He is Ok and that He can somehow find the strength to stand again. Mother I want to run over to Him and embrace Him and tell Him everything will be Ok, I want to stop those soldiers from hitting Him. Why, why, why don't they stop hitting Him, do they think by hitting Him, He will continue. These soldiers have no sense of what it must be like to be beaten, and beaten and beaten almost to death and then forced to carry a cross over dirt and rocks for a long time. Oh how my heart aches for Him. I can't hold all this sorrow in anymore mother, I feel like I am going to scream to the top of my lungs and yell at those hurting Him when He is down. I know mother, I will stand strong with you, as we continue to follow Him. My heart is all teared up. My body feels drained, my eyes are swollen, my face is red. When is this going to end, when will we see Him again.

-Our Father... -Hail Mary... -Glory Be...


10th Station - Jesus is Stripped of His Garments

Think about this: Now they further humiliate Him. Not only have they beaten Him almost to death, and His skin is all teared apart. Now they rip off his garments pulling with it skin and scabs and making Him suffer the humiliation of being made bare before everyone.

Mother Mary: Oh Mother.. Why do they keep offending your Son? Why don't they leave His clothes on, they refuse to allow Him to have any dignity at all even in His death. Why are they so cruel to Him. Hasn't even one solider come to know Jesus for who He is, why won't he step forward and at least defend His dignity as He gets closer to His death. Oh mother, now we can see the rest of His torn body, Jesus has so many cuts and tears all over Him. His body is covered in blood top to bottom. I can see many places pouring and pumping out blood. STOP !!!!!!!!!!!!! Please stop, you are killing my Lord, I can't take this anymore, I stand here and watch those who hate Him, kill Him, with no conscience or concern for Him. STOP !!!!!!!!!! Do you soldiers not have a single spec of conscience for what you are doing? Why must you humiliate such a loving, caring Savior? Why must you offend Him before everyone? Haven't you offended Him enough? Please STOP. At least allow Him to die with some sort of dignity. He has healed and cured so many, why are you treating Him like this? Please mother help me to understand, I see your tears, I know you are crying inside, please help me embrace His will like you have.

-Our Father... -Hail Mary... -Glory Be...


11th Station - Jesus is Nailed to The Cross

Think about this: After this very long walk, Jesus' body is all torn apart, He is bleeding horribly and His garments have been removed. Now the soldiers stretch out His arms and nail Him to the cross.

Mother Mary: Oh No Mother !! I knew that this would come to this. OH NO, PLEASE DON'T !!! I can't watch this, there are three soldiers holding hammers and long nails. They are going to nail His hands to the ends of the cross and His feet at the bottom. STOP, OH PLEASE !!!!!!, you are killing Him. I know, I know, He has to do this in order to defeat death for us, but Lord, they are so cruel to You. Your body is all teared apart, blood is everywhere. Blood is even squirting out as they hammer your body to the cross. Lord please help me to understand, even more so then I already do. Please mother stay with me throughout my life, so that I to can be strong like you. Mother you are crying even more now than before. Oh mother, please tell me what you are feeling. How can I comfort you? How can I show you how much I care about you and your Son? Mother you are the closest to Jesus, the blood that flowed through your body, flows through His. The blood we see now splattered all over throughout this walk is part of you. Your suffering must be so deep, so painful. But why are you crying? I know what you're saying. These tears are of Joy knowing that He is about to defeat death for all of us. And by following Him, I am comforting you. Thank You Mother.

-Our Father... -Hail Mary... -Glory Be...


12th Station - Jesus Dies on The Cross

Think about this: It is finished! Jesus has died upon the cross, the cross He carried, the cross He is nailed to, the cross His blood is covered in. The defeat of death is near.

Mother Mary: I know mother even though we know He is about to defeat death, we can't help but cry for Him. We knew He was going to die at the end of all this. We knew that after bleeding as much as He did, that it wouldn't take much for Him to die. We also knew that He had to die, but mother all of us are crying even more. I think the reality of His death is here now for all to see. We can plainly see His limp body, having been drained of the blood and water by the solider, that He is indeed dead. Oh mother, why, why, why, wasn't there some other way that God could have done this? God sent us His only Son, someone so many have fallen in love with, someone who cared so much about us. And those who hated Him killed Him before us. We must stand strong together now, we must wait for His return. Jesus promised that in three days, he'd rebuild the temple. We know He is coming back, our tears turn into tears of Joy now. We are crying, but we are crying knowing that He will rise and defeat death, and death will never ever have a hold on any of us ever again.

-Our Father... -Hail Mary... -Glory Be...

13th Station - Jesus is Taken Down From The Cross

Think about this: Now Jesus is dead, the disciples took His body down. Mary is waiting at the foot of the cross. She wants to hold her Son, she wants to forever remember Him in her arms. So much sorrow, yet so much relief that He is no longer suffering.

Mother Mary: Oh my dear mother. Your Son is in your arms. Do you recall holding Him as an infant? Do you remember helping Him walk? How about the first time He fell as a toddler, did you pick Him up and hug Him? Your sorrow right now, must be filled with so many memories, memories only you can remember. You are His mother, you taught Him to speak, and to eat and to walk; you were there with Him in the most important part of His life protecting Him. Yet now when He needed help the most from those who wanted to kill Him. You and all of us were helpless, and we couldn't do anything to comfort Him. I am not crying anymore my mother. I sort of feel relieved that He is no longer suffering anymore. He looks at peace in your arms. Both you and He seem content knowing what is to come. That connection you have with Him is what helped you along this long journey, isn't it. I intend to spend the rest of my life with you mother, as I walk with you to be with your Son. I wish to learn from you, as I adore the one who has died for me.

-Our Father... -Hail Mary... -Glory Be...


14th Station - Jesus is Laid in The Tomb

Think about this: The disciples carry Jesus to a borrowed tomb. It here that they lay his body to rest, covered in sheet.

Mother Mary: So many are talking about Him now mother. Remember all the things He told us. And now we know from what He said, that we should see Him again. Because He said in three days he'd rise from the dead. So many of the women remain by the tomb praying for Him, while others talk about what has happened. I wonder mother, do you sense Him as He rises? Do you know before everyone else that he is here. A mother usually has that sixth sense of knowing things and feeling things before everyone else. I pray that you did know and that you did feel Him before anyone else did. That connection you and He had was so special, that no one else on earth throughout all the ages could ever know that connection. Thank you mother for being with me, as I walked with you on a most sorrowful walk, as Jesus suffered and died for all our sins.

-Our Father... -Hail Mary... -Glory Be...


Closing Prayer

My Lord, this has been a long journey, I feel so ashamed, and so guilty of what my sin has done to you. My mind all over the place trying to figure out how I can make my life a better one, one that is more in line with what your will is for me. A life that doesn't offend you. A life that will no longer crucify you because of my sins and selfishness. Your walk to Calvary took a toll on my heart and my soul, I cried so much for You. I never realized how much you suffered for me. Your love for me is beyond what I ever thought, until I seen you die up on that cross. Please teach me more about your cross, and my own daily cross. I like you wish to embrace my daily cross. After seeing you defeat the cross with your death. I am no longer afraid of death, or following after You. Thank you also Lord for allowing us to embrace Your mother. She has brought us much comfort and understanding. Praise You Jesus. Glory and Honor to You Lord Jesus.
Your brother in Christ Jesus & His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey, Jr. SFO