Friday, March 26, 2010

Mary's Way of The Cross 5 of 5

Beads of Joy 03-26-10

Mary's Way of The Cross (5 of 5)
©2010 James Dacey, Jr. SFO

Lent 2010 - Day 38
Hello Everyone,

We have come to the final day in this series. My body is so drained from the all the tears, and all the stress of watching them kill my Lord. Watch the movie "The Passion of The Christ" over and over and over; and believe me you will be torn apart and drawn face to face with the reality of how much Jesus suffered for us. That movie probably comes the closest as to how mean and violent they really were to Jesus. I would think though in reality, that He was probably treated even worse in the real experience of the times. I hope this week of blogs has drawn you even closer to Jesus. These were meant to allow you to be with me as I was (and you) were side by side with our dear Blessed Mother, as she followed her Son to His death. One could only imagine the thoughts, the pain, the suffering of a mother, as she watched her Son being beaten and killed right before her eyes. I see these stations as I see my rosary (very emotional) to the reality of what they really mean. Tears cleanse and help us to better understand. Sometimes crying and yelling and getting it all out in the end, makes us better understand; not only what He did for us, but that we really really love Him.


13th Station - Jesus is Taken Down From The Cross

Think about this: Now Jesus is dead, the disciples took His body down. Mary is waiting at the foot of the cross. She wants to hold her Son, she wants to forever remember Him in her arms. So much sorrow, yet so much relief that He is no longer suffering.

Mother Mary: Oh my dear mother. Your Son is in your arms. Do you recall holding Him as an infant? Do you remember helping Him walk? How about the first time He fell as a toddler, did you pick Him up and hug Him? Your sorrow right now, must be filled with so many memories, memories only you can remember. You are His mother, you taught Him to speak, and to eat and to walk; you were there with Him in the most important part of His life protecting Him. Yet now when He needed help the most from those who wanted to kill Him. You and all of us were helpless, and we couldn't do anything to comfort Him. I am not crying anymore my mother. I sort of feel relieved that He is no longer suffering anymore. He looks at peace in your arms. Both you and He seem content knowing what is to come. That connection you have with Him is what helped you along this long journey, isn't it. I intend to spend the rest of my life with you mother, as I walk with you to be with your Son. I wish to learn from you, as I adore the one who has died for me.

-Our Father... -Hail Mary... -Glory Be...


14th Station - Jesus is Laid in The Tomb

Think about this: The disciples carry Jesus to a borrowed tomb. It here that they lay his body to rest, covered in sheet.

Mother Mary: So many are talking about Him now mother. Remember all the things He told us. And now we know from what He said, that we should see Him again. Because He said in three days he'd rise from the dead. So many of the women remain by the tomb praying for Him, while others talk about what has happened. I wonder mother, do you sense Him as He rises? Do you know before everyone else that he is here. A mother usually has that sixth sense of knowing things and feeling things before everyone else. I pray that you did know and that you did feel Him before anyone else did. That connection you and He had was so special, that no one else on earth throughout all the ages could ever know that connection. Thank you mother for being with me, as I walked with you on a most sorrowful walk, as Jesus suffered and died for all our sins.

-Our Father... -Hail Mary... -Glory Be...


Closing Prayer

My Lord, this has been a long journey, I feel so ashamed, and so guilty of what my sin has done to you. My mind all over the place trying to figure out how I can make my life a better one, one that is more in line with what your will is for me. A life that doesn't offend you. A life that will no longer crucify you because of my sins and selfishness. Your walk to Calvary took a toll on my heart and my soul, I cried so much for You. I never realized how much you suffered for me. Your love for me is beyond what I ever thought, until I seen you die up on that cross. Please teach me more about your cross, and my own daily cross. I like you wish to embrace my daily cross. After seeing you defeat the cross with your death. I am no longer afraid of death, or following after You. Thank you also Lord for allowing us to embrace Your mother. She has brought us much comfort and understanding. Praise You Jesus. Glory and Honor to You Lord Jesus.


This Weeks Challenge: Meditate on the Stations with our dear sweet Blessed Mother. Think of how she must have felt as a mother.


Your brother in Christ Jesus & His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr SFO