Thursday, March 11, 2010

My Confession of The Stomach

Beads of Joy 03-11-10

My Confession of The Stomach
©2010 James Dacey, Jr. SFO

Lent 2010 - Day 23
Hello Everyone,

Yes, you read it correctly. I have a very bad habit, most people who really know me, know just what it is. It's eating !!!, HEY what were you thinking? LOL. I confess I love food. I really really really really do, and I will make this very bold statement, I find eating food to be even more pleasurable than.... ah ah ah, yes I was going to say that S-word. Anyhow, I am just being honest, and strange and goofy, just taking a break from everything, to make y'all laugh. There's just something so incredible about food, and just like the S-word, once fully content sleep does follow. LOL. This is a real confession everybody, I'm not making any of this up. I love food, I love shopping for it, I love cooking it, and then I absolutely love eating it. And I'm not your typical eater, I can easily sit down and eat 1-2 pounds of any pasta, an entire pie, large bag of vegetables, bag of french fries, one or two boxes of cookies (as I am doing while I type this. lol). I don't know if there is a cure for this, but then I honestly don't believe in my heart, opps I mean my stomach that I want to. This habit, just like I spoke about yesterday has entangled itself in my life. I see it as harmless, I don't think its hurting anyone else, I guess if I start eating off my kids plates... LOL anyhow, see what I mean.

Sin of all sorts blind us, but let's be honest, Gluttony is a sin, and not just any sin, it's a deadly one. In the weeks to come I will write all about that. Today I am at the mercy of my friends, asking them to send me lots of homemade chocolate chip cookies, I LOVE HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES. LOL. See I can't help myself, I love food. I think I said that a couple times already here, but I can't help it. Right now I am eating soft peanut butter cookies, they really taste so good. OMG, they taste awesome. LOL. Am I getting a little weird on y'all ? It's the food, it's the cookies, it's the cake, it's the pies, OMG do I love pies (pumpkin and apple and coconut and pecan). Now I am getting hungry. Hey stop laughing at me, it's true, I may have to go get some frozen pies and start cooking them. Oh my, when they are fresh out of the oven do I love them.

So tell me, what you having for breakfast, lunch and dinner today ? I love talking about food, cooking techniques, recipes. You know my wife and my kids and my parents, my co-workers, close friends and ok, well I guess most people I spent lots of time with all have one thing in common with what they say to me. "All you do is eat, whenever I see you, you're eating" LOL. Ok, I will admit they are right, but I have a very brilliant response, I usually first say, NO. Followed by, "I only eat one meal a day", and they usually are just as quick witted as I am and say, "What one meal that last all day?". And I go YES !!! YES !!! I love food. Whoever invented food needs to receive an award, it is the most incredible invention since individually wrapped ice cream cones, I can eat a box of them at once. LOL. Ok all things lead to food, many comparisons I make on a daily basis in conversation revolve around food. I am trying to control myself, but all I am thinking about as I type are these cookies, wait I am eating them; I am actually thinking about what I am going to make for breakfast this morning. LOL

I am not going to Food Eaters Anonymous, I have nothing to hide, no need to be anonymous. I want everybody to know so they can send me homemade chocolate chip cookies. LOL. Hopefully at those meeting we are allowed to bring a covered dish, they must have coffee and snack after wards. LOL, I am so sorry, this blogs intention from the start has been to allow you into my life, ok my kitchen. LOL. Just hoping to bring you all some laughter, and huge smiles you can't get off your face, for the rest of the day, just at the very thought of food, because of me. And sharing a pie would be fun, I'll bring the cookies and the pie. LOL. This was a really fun blog. See all this time I have been in the closet about this, ok the kitchen cabinet/closet. And now I am out about it. I feel so refreshed and new and... yes very very hungry. LOL

Today's Challenge: Share your food with Jimmy. LOL, psst, his favorite is all kinds of pasta, and homemade chocolate chip cookies. LOL, make sure there's enough, he can eat 1-2 pounds himself in one sitting.


Your brother in Christ Jesus & His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr SFO