Thursday, March 22, 2018

Keep His Word


BEADS OF JOY 03-22-18
“Keep His Word”
©2018 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Gospel: John 8:51-59 (Jesus and Abraham)
“Truly, truly, I say to you, if any one keeps my word, he will never see death." The Jews said to him, "Now we know that you have a demon. Abraham died, as did the prophets; and you say, `If any one keeps my word, he will never taste death.' Are you greater than our father Abraham, who died? And the prophets died! Who do you claim to be?" Jesus answered, "If I glorify myself, my glory is nothing; it is my Father who glorifies me, of whom you say that he is your God. But you have not known him; I know him. If I said, I do not know him, I should be a liar like you; but I do know him, and I keep his word. Your father Abraham rejoiced that he was to see my day; he saw it and was glad." The Jews then said to him, "You are not yet fifty years old, and have you seen Abraham?" Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am." So, they took up stones to throw at him; but Jesus hid himself and went out of the temple.”

Reflection:
I really don’t like starting a reflection out with a serious question, but: Have you devoted your life to Jesus Christ, like your life depended upon it? This is something you might want to think about. Because the reality is, we don’t know when that day will come, scripture says, “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.” ~Matthew 24:36. It was this very scripture decades ago, that led me, to begin saying, Jesus Christ 24/7/365. What I mean by that is, I truly believe we must have Jesus in our thoughts and our actions every single second of our lives. The original complete saying was, Our Lord, Our Lady and The Rosary 24/7/365. That’s my combination, so now you know what’s going on in my heart and soul.

"For you Christ allowed Himself to be crucified, to teach you humility. He was alive, and you were dead. He died that you might live. God vanquished death so that death might not overcome human beings." ~St. Augustine

Consider this, as you plan to focus, more on Jesus in your life, “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” ~Matt. 6:19-21

What are those treasures? Mass, Confession, Adoration, Bible study and reading your bible, prayer, fellowship, evangelizing. Everything and anything in your life that is all about Jesus.

 Before Abraham was, I AM



Pondering these thoughts today:
Today I offer a challenge, one that I think you might enjoy. Grab your bible. Now get 5 pieces of paper and fold them in half. On the top vertically write on each one separately: Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Acts. Ok, now, write the following next to those books: Matthew – Monday / Mark – Tuesday / Luke – Wednesday / John – Thursday / Acts – Friday. Now put them in your Bible on the first page of all those books. This is what you do: Monday through Friday take 15 minutes a day, pick out something to read in that book that day and write the verses on the paper. Now I hope this made sense. But don’t stop after today, do this for the rest of your lives. Get to really know and love the Gospels and Act. Enjoy. Any questions just ask: jimdaceyjunior@yahoo.com

LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Thursday: We pray the Luminous Mysteries:

The Luminous Mysteries

1. The Baptism of Jesus (Matt 3:13-17)
2. Wedding Feast of Cana (John 2:1-12)
3. Proclamation of the Kingdom of God (Mark 1:15)
4. The Transfiguration (Mark 9:2-13)
5. Institution of the Holy Eucharist (Matt 26:17-30)

Glory and Honor and Praise -Lord Jesus Christ!!



 MY FIRST BOOK.

MY SECOND BOOK.