Wednesday, March 21, 2018

You Will Be Made Free


BEADS OF JOY 03-21-18
“You Will Be Made Free”
©2018 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Gospel: John 8:31-42 (Jesus and Abraham)
“Jesus then said to the Jews who had believed in him, "If you continue in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free." They answered him, "We are descendants of Abraham, and have never been in bondage to anyone. How is it that you say, `You will be made free'?" Jesus answered them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is a slave to sin. The slave does not continue in the house for ever; the son continues for ever. So, if the Son makes you free, you will be free indeed. I know that you are descendants of Abraham; yet you seek to kill me, because my word finds no place in you. I speak of what I have seen with my Father, and you do what you have heard from your father." They answered him, "Abraham is our father." Jesus said to them, "If you were Abraham's children, you would do what Abraham did, but now you seek to kill me, a man who has told you the truth which I heard from God; this is not what Abraham did. You do what your father did." They said to him, "We were not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God." Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love me, for I proceeded and came forth from God; I came not of my own accord, but he sent me.”

Reflection:
The video really brings today’s gospel to life. Jesus plainly tells them who they are who He is, yet they still don’t seem to not understand. To this day, many people don’t seem to understand our faith. For over 2,000 years with over a billion followers, I would think by now, we would be somewhat understood. But, there is a need for more people like ourselves to get out there; and spread the word and continue to spread the word so that more and more people come to Jesus.

We must live this life just like Jesus did, and boldly go forward sharing the truth and the Word of God to the whole world. See someone reading this is saying to themselves, I thought he was going to say “boldly go where no man has gone before” I don’t think I can directly quote Star Trek like that, without permission or at least saying that that’s a quote from Star Trek. LOL. Anyhow, I am very light hearted, and I don’t believe in preaching. Don’t get me wrong I like to talk a lot and I do, ask anyone who has talked to me, you will be exhausted. LOL I can keep you on the phone, or in person for hours, and when we are done... lol, you are so glad to goodbye. And plus, I enjoy slipping in some humor. If you can walk away from something I wrote and maybe even learn something or feel moved about something and you are smiling, then I did my job.

Jesus’ courage and determination are outstanding, now don’t think, “Well sure, He can call a legion of angels to protect Himself anytime He wants.” Let us not forget that Jesus was beaten, poked, hit and was bleeding profusely. I think to some degree; The Passion of The Christ movie is probably closest, with the way they showed what the scourging at the pillar really was. And then, even worse, Jesus was crucified and killed. So, we can’t say He was bold, because He had these amazing body guards, ah, no! He was doing the Will God the Father. Just like we should be doing. Boldly! If I die because I am sharing Jesus, so be it! My first job here in this life, as God’s child, is to spread His Love and His Word to all. What is my next position when I leave? I don’t know, but if it be pleasing to His Will then I know I will love it.

Dispute Over Whose Children Jesus' Opponents Are



Pondering these thoughts today:
Something for us to think about, and to incorporate into our lives, “"Do you know who the upright of heart are? They are those who wish what God wishes. Therefore, do not try to twist God's will to you own but correct your will to that of God. The will of God is a rule of conduct. By it you have the means of being converted and of correcting your evil ways." ~St Augustine of Hippo

LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Wednesday: We pray the Glorious Mysteries:

The Glorious Mysteries

1. The Resurrection (Faith) –Mark 16:1-8
2. The Ascension (Hope) –Luke 24:50-53
3. The Descent of the Holy Spirit (Love) –Acts 2:1-4
4. The Assumption of Our Lady (A Happy Death) –Rev 12:1-6
5. The Coronation of Mary (Mary’s intercession) –Judith 15:9-10

Glory and Honor and Praise to You Lord Jesus Christ!



MY FIRST BOOK.

MY SECOND BOOK.