Wednesday, March 14, 2018

The Son Gives Life


BEADS OF JOY 03-14-18
“The Son Gives Life”
©2018 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Gospel: John 5:17-30 (The Authority of The Son)
“But Jesus answered them, "My Father is working still, and I am working." This was why the Jews sought all the more to kill him, because he not only broke the Sabbath but also called God his Father, making himself equal with God. Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of his own accord, but only what he sees the Father doing; for whatever he does, that the Son does likewise. For the Father loves the Son and shows him all that he himself is doing; and greater works than these will he show him, that you may marvel. For as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, so also the Son gives life to whom he will. The Father judges no one, but has given all judgment to the Son, that all may honor the Son, even as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent him. Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears my word and believes him who sent me, has eternal life; he does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life. "Truly, truly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live. For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have life in himself, and has given him authority to execute judgment, because he is the Son of man. Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear his voice and come forth, those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of judgment. "I can do nothing on my own authority; as I hear, I judge; and my judgment is just, because I seek not my own will but the will of him who sent me.”

Reflection: Today Jesus unites love and obedience. Jesus shows that by example, even He goes by the Will of the Father. Let us not forget, Jesus was sent by the Father to restore the promises God Himself made to us. The cost would be His very life. Jesus continued healing and restoring people everywhere, no matter what day of the week it was, even on the Sabbath.

The Father/Son theme has me reminiscing about the near 20 years of me and my Dad being in business together. I learned what to do, by what my father taught me to do. I really enjoyed spending all that time with him; I wouldn’t trade it for anything now. He is much older, and he and I remember the stories and the people and fun we had. Sorry if I got off on a tangent today, but I haven’t shared about this ever in a blog before. I only made a link showing all the pictures of our classic cars that we restored for ourselves and our tow trucks. There are so many wonderful fond memories.

 I learned so much from my father, I wished I kept a business journal of our days together, fixing cars, going to drag races and car shows. Wow, I guess I should have done this a long time ago. My dad is a genius when it came to “business”, self-taught after being in business with older brother, my Uncle Gene. Back then the Dacey Brothers dominated Staten Island. Uncle Al had, “Al Okay Body and Fender”, Uncle Gene had “Dacey’s Collision” and my dad had, “Mackauer’s Auto Body”. My cousins Chip, aka Al Jr. and Gene Jr. also worked with their dads. It was some amazing years back then. The Dacey fathers taught their sons how to operate the business in an upright, respectful, incredibly professional way. I am so glad I had that time with my dad, he has a ton of pictures that he and my mom took through the years. One of these days I am going to get a copy of all of them. 

This is me and Dad at a business show. That's my 1968 Oldsmobile Delmont.

Mackauer’s Auto Body (me and my Dad’s Business)
http://beads-of-joy-blog.blogspot.com/2000/01/mackauer-auto-body.html

John 5:17-47 The Authority of the Son




Pondering these thoughts today:
-Did you know that Jesus paid the debt of our sins?
-Is your life one that seeks God’s Will in it?
-Sometimes His Will is impossible to be really know.
-When you are suffering do you find God’s Will?
(Please understand, God does not make us suffer,
but through our suffering we find healing.)

LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Wednesday: We pray the Glorious Mysteries:

The Glorious Mysteries

1. The Resurrection (Faith) –Mark 16:1-8
2. The Ascension (Hope) –Luke 24:50-53
3. The Descent of the Holy Spirit (Love) –Acts 2:1-4
4. The Assumption of Our Lady (Happy Death) –Rev 12:1-6
5. The Coronation of Mary (Mary’s intercession) –Judith 15:9-10

Glory and Honor and Praise to You Lord Jesus Christ!



Rosary Man Jim's Glorious Reflections: http://beads-of-joy-blog.blogspot.com/2013/05/the-glorious-mysteries.html

MY FIRST BOOK. MORE TO COME…