Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Know That I Am He

BEADS OF JOY 03-20-18
“Know That I Am He”
©2018 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,

Fatima Shrine; Lewiston, NY - we used to live 6 miles from the shrine.
http://www.fatimashrine.com/index1.html 

Today’s Gospel:
John 8:21-30 (Jesus, the Father’s Ambassador)
“Again, he said to them, "I go away, and you will seek me and die in your sin; where I am going, you cannot come." Then said the Jews, "Will he kill himself, since he says, `Where I am going, you cannot come'?" He said to them, "You are from below, I am from above; you are of this world, I am not of this world. I told you that you would die in your sins, for you will die in your sins unless you believe that I am he." They said to him, "Who are you?" Jesus said to them, "Even what I have told you from the beginning. I have much to say about you and much to judge; but he who sent me is true, and I declare to the world what I have heard from him." They did not understand that he spoke to them of the Father. So, Jesus said, "When you have lifted up the Son of man, then you will know that I am he, and that I do nothing on my own authority but speak thus as the Father taught me. And he who sent me is with me; he has not left me alone, for I always do what is pleasing to him." As he spoke thus, many believed in him.”

Reflection:
Are you really following Jesus? What direction are you going in? This life is short, eternity is long, no, I mean really… really… really… really long, like till the end of time. It’s like infinity times a gazillion billion infinites, all that times infinity. That is why we must believe with all our hearts and live a life that reflects that. So, we need to keep that thought in front of us, as we journey through life. The snares of this world have brought down many people. Stay alert and pray every day and read scripture as often as you can. Go to Mass as often as you possibly can and go to confession at least monthly. I care a great deal about all of you. The end of our lives usually comes without warning, we must be alert and ready.

What is the perfect life? This is my utopian explanation of how I would love for it to be. My Bible, my rosary, a simple room and a chapel. In-fact here is a quote, "I have my room, some books and a nearby chapel. That is complete happiness." ~St. Miguel of Ecuador, I quoted this on Dynamic Catholic yesterday. Actually, after that quote I had so much fun sharing that, I added, “...I confess I'll also want my laptop and my cell phone, that's all. ...well maybe a fully stocked refrigerator with a couple trays of lasagna in it. ...oh, and a microwave. ...Wow this is harder than I thought... LOL” Basically what I am getting at, is that it is impossible for the average person to have that perfect environment, to have an incredible devout spiritual life, at least in the way I just described it.

So, what do we do Jim? I heard that from the back row, was that Mary, Karen, Eva, Priscilla, Chuck, Tom, I know it was one of you. LOL! I’ll tell you a secret, but you must promise, that you will share it with everyone. You can do all those things I just spoke of, on your own and you can help encourage those around you to do the same. Yep, that was the secret. We are all here to help each other make it to Heaven. When Chrissy was ill I always talked to Fr. Paul a lot, he was our priest till he had a couple of strokes (he is retired now), he also did Chrissy’s funeral. He used to be at our home a lot, when Christine was sick; for communion, prayers, socially hangout, etc. My biggest talk with him was private, about, “How can I make sure Chrissy is going to Heaven?” Father would smile and hug me, “Jim, don’t worry about if Chrissy is going to Heaven, she most certainly is. She has suffered tremendously for so long (6 yrs.), never complaining and always accepting the Will of God through all of this.” He also added that we can’t save anyone, it is totally up to the individual. So, let us keep that in mind.

Jesus Declare He Is The LIGHT Of The World



Pondering these thoughts today:
Today let us relax, no homework! I’m sorry to all my A+ students who love homework. Today I think it would be wonderful, if we just tell those we love, how much we really love them and that you are praying for them. Send them a text, or an email or call them. It’ll bring joy to their day and you too will feel wonderful.

LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Tuesday: We pray the Sorrowful Mysteries:

The Sorrowful Mysteries

1. Agony on the Garden (Sorrow for sin) –Matt 26:36-46
2. Scourging at the Pillar (Purity) –Mark 15:1-16
3. Crowning with Thorns (Moral Courage) –Matt 27:27-31
4. Carrying of the Cross (Patience) –Mark 15:20-22
5. The Crucifixion (Perseverance) –Luke 23:33-46

Thank you Lord for loving us so much…



MY FIRST BOOK.

MY SECOND BOOK.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BFXM4VR