Friday, March 16, 2018

This Is The Christ


BEADS OF JOY 03-16-18
This Is The Christ
©2018 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Gospel: 

John 7:1-2, 10, 25-30 (Is Jesus The Messiah?)
“After this Jesus went about in Galilee; he would not go about in Judea, because the Jews sought to kill him. Now the Jews' feast of Tabernacles was at hand. But after his brothers had gone up to the feast, then he also went up, not publicly but in private. Some of the people of Jerusalem therefore said, "Is not this the man whom they seek to kill? And here he is, speaking openly, and they say nothing to him! Can it be that the authorities really know that this is the Christ? Yet we know where this man comes from; and when the Christ appears, no one will know where he comes from." So, Jesus proclaimed, as he taught in the temple, "You know me, and you know where I come from? But I have not come of my own accord; he who sent me is true, and him you do not know. I know him, for I come from him, and he sent me." So, they sought to arrest him; but no one laid hands on him, because his hour had not yet come.”

Reflection:
I'd like to start off with a quote by St. Augustine of Hippo, “Our Lord had the power to lay down his life and to take it up again. But we cannot choose how long we shall live, and death comes to us even against our will. Christ, by dying, has already overcome death. Our freedom from death comes only through his death. To save us Christ had no need of us. Yet without him we can do nothing. He gave himself to us as the vine to the branches; apart from him we cannot live.” Everything Jesus did, He did in God's name. Jesus boldly told us who He was, and He also boldly told us that He would die for us. There was never a misunderstanding or middle ground as to who Jesus was and what His purpose was. Jesus was very clear and direct and to the point with all that. Let us also be bold in our love for Him, our allegiance to Him, and our devotion to Him. Never let anyone sway you away from believing.

Sometimes I am overwhelmed with Joy and Happiness; and still other times, I am just tired and ready to begin my life, once and for all. In all these crossroads of time and emotion and newness in my life, all I seek is a calm cool breeze (no, not winter). Maybe a breeze from a central air conditioner, flowing across my desk; while I am typing and researching scripture, like I do virtually every day. Past, all this confusion of decisions and for the most part, the lack of calmness I currently have. What will tomorrow bring, exactly? I don’t know yet. Plan and ideas and dreams and hopes mean nothing, till they actually happen. I say all this because behind all of this; there is a quiet still voice in my heart, assuring me that God’s Will, whatever it is, shall prevail.  

My world is not perfect, and everything definitely don’t go my way. The only perfect part of my life is: Jesus Christ being in it. He reassures me that even if plans I would love to have happen, don’t happen, that’s ok; that just means He has other plans for me. Even though Jonah wanted to go to Tarshish, and he even got on a ship going there, God had other plans for him in Nineveh. I’m not saying I am avoiding God’s original wish, I think this is His wish for me. What I am saying (without saying it) is that I would still like to find that calm cool breeze, so that I can begin my life again; without seeming to be, in this drawn out flux of deciding and waiting for so long. I really hope, this twisted paragraph made sense. In the end, no matter what, I know I will be where Jesus wants me to be, and that is where I will serve Him and share Him with others.

Jesus Goes to the Festival of Tabernacles

Pondering these thoughts today:
-Why would you ever consider not doing God's will?
-Do you question who Jesus is, not convinced yet?
-What was the question they asked of doubt, or jealousy?
-Who is Jesus really to you? Finish this: Jesus Is.....
(Let’s stop questioning who Jesus is today, and starting
today, pray your Divine Mercy Chaplet every day
.)
JESUS, I TRUST IN YOU…


LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Friday: We pray the Sorrowful Mysteries:

The Sorrowful Mysteries

1. Agony on the Garden (Sorrow for sin) –Matt 26:36-46
2. Scourging at the Pillar (Purity) –Mark 15:1-16
3. Crowning with Thorns (Moral Courage) –Matt 27:27-31
4. Carrying of the Cross (Patience) –Mark 15:20-22
5. The Crucifixion (Perseverance) –Luke 23:33-46

Thank you Lord for loving us so much…


MY FIRST BOOK

MY SECOND BOOK