Sunday, March 25, 2018

Palm Sunday 2018


BEADS OF JOY 03-25-18
“Palm Sunday 2018”
©2018 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Gospel: Mark 14:1-15:47 (The Passion Natitve)

Happy Palm Sunday
! It's funny not many people say that today, though some of my Facebook friends have. I am impressed, thanks. Today begins Holy Week. Today the Passion Narrative begins. It begins in a way that kind of makes you wonder, we start out with praise and love, all for Jesus; and not that much later this is followed by a crucifixion and hatred. Today Jesus arrives in Jerusalem, and He is welcomed with open arms, cloaks and palm are laid out on the ground for Jesus as He arrived on a colt (a colt is a sign of peace). Today's scripture can be found in Mark 14:1-15:47 (The Passion Narrative). There is so much joy for us to celebrate and so much joy to share together. Today we can spend some time in our reflection wondering: Do we really welcome Jesus into our hearts, our lives, our homes, our conversations, our thoughts, our motives? Do we really embrace Him into our lives? Or do we, like those we read about in scripture, turn on Jesus if what He says isn't what we want to hear? There are many questions in this paragraph. Let's take it nice and slow and even reread the scripture. He is our Teacher, and our Master. Let us embrace Him, His Word and what love He has given to us; we who are so unworthy of His love.

Jesus came into the world to die for us. It was the plan from the start, God knew it and so did Jesus. And we see by the words Mary spoke to Jesus at the Wedding at Cana that she knew there was a special plan for her Son. How can a body of people embrace and love someone so much; and then shortly after that turn against them? Jesus showed us true humility as He arrived in Jerusalem. Let us live our lives in such a way that we are humble, before God and before others. Here's a glance of the coming Passion our Lord shall endure.

The Passion Narrative (Mark 14:1-15:47)
Mark 14:1-11 (Jesus is Anointed in Bethany)
Mark 14:12-26 (The Last Supper)
Mark 14:27-31 (Jesus Predicts Peter’s Denial)
Mark 14:32-42 (Agony in The Garden)
Mark 14:43-52 (Jesus is Arrested)
Mark 14:53-65 (Jesus before the Sanhedrin)
Mark 14:66-72 (Peter Disowns Jesus)
Mark 15:1-15 (Jesus before Pilate)
Mark 15:16-20 (The Soldiers Mock Jesus)
Mark 15:21-32 (The Crucifixion of Jesus)
Mark 15:33-41 (The Death of Jesus)
Mark 15:42-47 (The Burial of Jesus)


Let us offer up this day to those who are rejected. We can kind of see how some children who are killed in abortion can even be seen in this way. I know of some people who just abort their children because they didn't want more kids. I am so ashamed of their selfish actions. They are married and in love, and it was through God’s love that this wonderful child has been created, but in the end the child was betrayed and killed; just as our Lord has been. Jesus shares with us how important it is that we, like Him, forgive those who betray the innocent. It's not going to be easy by no means. I will be the first to admit. But through the grace of God I will forgive them. We need to pray for the betrayers of the innocent. We have been placed in their lives to pray for them.

Prayer of Forgiveness
Dear Lord, today I ask you to open my heart to learn from you, how to be more like you, in forgiving not only those who betrayed and killed you; but to forgive all those who betray the innocence of an unborn child and kill them. You know me better than I do; it's not going to be easy for me. Please help guide me even closer to you, as you give me the strength and grace to open my heart and love for everyone you have died for. For you didn't come to save only the righteous, but sinners, and all of us are sinners; Thank you, Lord for always making everything in my life be what you want it to be. I desire nothing, if it is not of you. My life is perfect, even in its imperfections, because I embrace only you. Your Will is mine, nothing else matters. Thank You Lord, Glory and Honor and Praise to You Lord Jesus. Amen.

MARK 14:1-15:47 PALM SUNDAY 2018 Gospel




Today’s Challenge: Make crosses with the palm you receive at Mass. LOL that can be a challenge for many of us. I have good moments and I have moments no matter what I do, they fall apart. Have Fun. I love doing this, I have been making them, since I was a kid. My mom taught me when I was a kid.

Holy week begins...


LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Sunday’s during Lent we pray the Sorrowful Mysteries:

The Sorrowful Mysteries

1. Agony on the Garden (Sorrow for sin) –Matt 26:36-46
2. Scourging at the Pillar (Purity) –Mark 15:1-16
3. Crowning with Thorns (Moral Courage) –Matt 27:27-31
4. Carrying of the Cross (Patience) –Mark 15:20-22
5. The Crucifixion (Perseverance) –Luke 23:33-46

Thank you Lord for loving us so much…



MY FIRST BOOK. 
(Mary’s Way of The Cross - .99¢)

MY SECOND BOOK. 
(Praying The Complete Rosary - .99¢)