Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Could I Be A Priest?

BEADS OF JOY 04-04-18
“Could I Be A Priest?”
©2018 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Gospel: Luke 24:13-35 (On The Road to Emmaus)
“That very day two of them were going to a village named Emmaus, about seven miles from Jerusalem, and talking with each other about all these things that had happened. While they were talking and discussing together, Jesus himself drew near and went with them. But their eyes were kept from recognizing him. And he said to them, "What is this conversation which you are holding with each other as you walk?" And they stood still, looking sad. Then one of them, named Cleopas, answered him, "Are you the only visitor to Jerusalem who does not know the things that have happened there in these days?" And he said to them, "What things?" And they said to him, "Concerning Jesus of Nazareth, who was a prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people, and how our chief priests and rulers delivered him up to be condemned to death and crucified him. But we had hoped that he was the one to redeem Israel. Yes, and besides all this, it is now the third day since this happened. Moreover, some women of our company amazed us. They were at the tomb early in the morning and did not find his body; and they came back saying that they had even seen a vision of angels, who said that he was alive. Some of those who were with us went to the tomb and found it just as the women had said; but him they did not see." And he said to them, "O foolish men, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken! Was it not necessary that the Christ should suffer these things and enter into his glory?" And beginning with Moses and all the prophets, he interpreted to them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself. So, they drew near to the village to which they were going. He appeared to be going further, but they constrained him, saying, "Stay with us, for it is toward evening and the day is now far spent." So, he went in to stay with them. When he was at table with them, he took the bread and blessed, and broke it, and gave it to them. And their eyes were opened, and they recognized him; and he vanished out of their sight. They said to each other, "Did not our hearts burn within us while he talked to us on the road, while he opened to us the Scriptures?" And they rose that same hour and returned to Jerusalem; and they found the eleven gathered together and those who were with them, who said, "The Lord has risen indeed, and has appeared to Simon!" Then they told what had happened on the road, and how he was known to them in the breaking of the bread.”

On The Road to Emmaus
MUST SEE VIDEO: (Excellent way to share today’s gospel.)


A time to Discern
and Consider the Possibilities…

Pondering Me Becoming a Priest:
I shared the gospel and a wonderful video today, because today’s gospel was just so beautiful, and the video I found compliments it so well.

Yes, I am very serious, about looking into becoming a Priest. When I got involved with Best Lent Ever at Dynamic Catholic, (this is my second BLE) I never thought I would be here seriously thinking about this today. Have I always wanted to be a Priest? YES! But, I wasn’t so focused on that thought or possibility. After I became widowed, I wasn’t initially thinking about anything. The Priesthood never entered my mind back then, I figured I was too old and this could never happen. I still don’t know if it could happen, but I would like to explore and find out. And last year I started seeing someone, and, in all honesty, I thought that was where my future was eventually going. But my mind and my focus last year were all over the place. My kids (who are adults) I had to take care of (they had many serious issues come up) and then our finances took a horrific dive; and we had to get rid of our cars, and so many other issues I can’t even begin to share. Survival was all that mattered, eating didn’t even matter. If we had a roof over our head, that’s all that mattered. But last year my girlfriend’s family and all their family functions, were such a beautiful part of my life. I was busy going to reunions, BBQ’s, birthday’s, a communion and so many other things. They were such a blessing in my life. I am so happy that I got to know them.

Well, with my life in a flip-flop of crazy of survival mode and all that was to come with my soon decreasing social security disability income with my youngest turning 18 in June. My girlfriend thought it would be best for us to take a break and focus on our own lives; with the shared thought, “If we are meant to be, we will be back together.” That all happened the Sunday before Ash Wednesday. Her wisdom in this matter was beyond selfless and giving, for both of us in many ways, she got to focus on her kids and her life more and I dug deeper and deeper into my faith while trying to keep this ship afloat.

So, in the interim of things I continued downsizing our house, to no avail and I got a lot done. Yes, I am still cleaning and downsizing even more. There’s 30 years of stuff I had to go through. While that was going on, I dug real deep into my spiritual life, more than I ever have before. My typical day involves some house cleaning and cleaning in general, followed by and entwined with, LOTS of prayer and lots of writing. Well as Best Lent Ever continued I realized how much I truly love serving others. I felt our Lord’s tug on me as I read so many of those honest posts, sharing their life’s joys and struggles. I always prayed for everyone and I always asked for our Lord to lead me to those I need to comfort. And as the weeks went on, I felt my heart and my soul draw closer to a more serious commitment in my life to our Lord. Not necessarily thinking Priesthood. Then one day early on, on this 40-day journey, it was Day 17, we were asked: 

If you could do anything, what would you do?

This was my post that day:

Good Morning Everyone...
I didn't think I would be here today, I live in NE Pennsylvania and the storm hit our area really hard. A tree fell on our home and another one fell on our cars. Power came back late Saturday and the internet is still choppy. Hopefully I can comment today without any issues.


If I could do ANYTHING, what would I do? I think in all honesty I would want to be a R.C. Priest! A priest who writes books about the Rosary and speaks publicly at different parishes and places sharing the ROSARY. Before I ever thought about getting married or anything like that I wanted to be a Priest. My mom and I always prayed about what our Lord really wanted me to do. In the end I wanted to be like my Dad and I really wanted my own children, lots of them. I am truly passionate about Jesus my Lord and I know I do serve Him fully now. But WOW how amazing would it be, to be a Priest on the altar bringing Jesus to OTHERS through the Eucharist. I truly love the Mass with all my heart. I hope my comments post today, I keep losing my wi-fi. I missed you guys...

The positive response to that post was amazing and overwhelming. I am still getting support and encouragement from so many of those amazing Best Lent Ever new friends of mine. It feels like some sort of a confirmation, that I am heading in the right direction. So, I am fully exploring all the possibilities and all the options I can have. If there is no way remotely possible; maybe there can still be a place somewhere on the Altar, to serve a community in some way. I am seeking God’s Will and direction in my life spiritually, now more than ever, throughout this discernment.

LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Wednesday: We pray the Glorious Mysteries:

The Glorious Mysteries

1. The Resurrection (Faith) –Mark 16:1-8
2. The Ascension (Hope) –Luke 24:50-53
3. The Descent of the Holy Spirit (Love) –Acts 2:1-4
4. The Assumption of Our Lady (A Happy Death) –Rev 12:1-6
5. The Coronation of Mary (Mary’s intercession) –Judith 15:9-10

Glory and Honor and Praise to You Lord Jesus Christ!



MY FIRST BOOK.
(Mary’s Way of The Cross - .99¢)

MY SECOND BOOK.
(Praying The Complete Rosary - .99¢)