Sunday, April 8, 2018

Do Not Be Faithless


BEADS OF JOY 04-08-18
Do Not Be Faithless
©2018 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Gospel: John 20:19-31 (Thomas The Doubter)
“On the evening of that day, the first day of the week, the doors being shut where the disciples were, for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood among them and said to them, "Peace be with you." When he had said this, he showed them his hands and his side. Then the disciples were glad when they saw the Lord. Jesus said to them again, "Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, even so I send you." And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and said to them, "Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained." Now Thomas, one of the twelve, called the Twin, was not with them when Jesus came. So, the other disciples told him, "We have seen the Lord." But he said to them, "Unless I see in his hands the print of the nails and place my finger in the mark of the nails, and place my hand in his side, I will not believe." Eight days later, his disciples were again in the house, and Thomas was with them. The doors were shut, but Jesus came and stood among them, and said, "Peace be with you." Then he said to Thomas, "Put your finger here, and see my hands; and put out your hand and place it in my side; do not be faithless but believing." Thomas answered him, "My Lord and my God!" Jesus said to him, "Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet believe." Now Jesus did many other signs in the presence of the disciples, which are not written in this book; but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in his name.”

Reflection:
Sadly, many feel the same way Thomas did, "Unless I see in his hands the print of the nails and place my finger in the mark of the nails, and place my hand in his side, I will not believe." I confess prior to “My Story” when my whole life changed, even though I was an altar server as a kid and I made all my sacraments and my family was well grounded in their faith. I did not believe there was a God. I used to say to my parents, “How could there be a God, there is too much suffering in the world and so many people go hungry, and look all the wars around the world, I find it hard to believe there is a God just watching all of this.” Yeah, that was pretty much verbatim. I had said that to them, so many times back then; and I also used to say it my Aunts and Uncles, grandparents. I just had a hard time, believing.

LOL, that is why when I almost instantaneously became a devout believer from that amazing experience I had in 1983; and I wanted to be a Priest, and I was giving all my stuff away, literally (guitars, banjo, comic book collection, and so many other things). LOL, my parents thought, they need to have me see a therapist, just to make sure I was ok. Too funny looking back on that now. I sometimes still feel like a “babe” in the faith. Once I get to talking about our Lord or our Lady or the Rosary, I get all wound up and I start talking really fast. LOL, I don’t hyperventilate, but I bet I come close. My buddy Al and my mom and even Chrissy at times would say to me, “Jim, calm down, slow down, you’re gonna pass out!” I still get very excited and all wound up, I’m just old now. LOL!! Yea, I laugh at myself, I can’t help it, I’m funny… LOL

So, back then, with all this excitement I had to find a way to tell everyone about our Lord and our Lady and the Rosary; because in my naive eyes, no one knew it, like I did. After all I never seen anyone so excited like I was; especially when it comes to sharing about their love for Jesus or our Lady. Back then I use to write letters to different churches around the world asking for anyone interested in Praying The Rosary with me; and to join me in helping lead others to this incredible devotion. Yep, computers and the internet where not like they are today. The ministry has evolved with technology. I went from letter writing, to looking for spiritual pen pals (yea we wrote letters about our faith), to eventually MySpace then that evolved into my blog and the Facebook world. We are far from done, actually, we won’t ever be done. And I hope after I am long gone, these pages still minister to people around the world.

Now, it is such a pleasure to talk to someone in Australia, Africa or Ireland in real time online. There was a time I use to have a world-map on our bedroom wall and our Rosary Ministry was reaching someone in every single country in the world. Chrissy was the one who said, “Let’s see if we have shared on all of the continents.” She was the foundational intercessor, behind the scenes praying as I keep her updated with prayer requests and new people joining. Here is my link to the Facebook Ministry (Beads of Joy Rosary Ministry) I have had it for a while. JOIN. It’s not as active as it used to be, but there is a lot there as you search back through it. I love you guys with all my heart.

My Facebook Rosary Ministry
https://www.facebook.com/RosaryManJim

(I am finding out that it isn't coming up. Once logged into your Facebook page, search: James Dacey Jr, it'll be there. My page was hacked in 2016, I recently got it back) I apologize if you are unable to find me or connect to me, I don't know what's going on with fb. Just email and I will friend you.)

Thomas The Doubter




Pondering these thoughts today: Today I am praying for you to find that spark inside your heart and soul for our Lord and our Lady and even the Rosary. Never be a doubter like Thomas. Live your life and your faith fully. De-clutter your life from all the stuff that taints and disrupts your time with Jesus. A cluttered house believe me, is a constant distraction. Owning lots of stuff is also a distraction. Relationships that drag you and stop you from growing is a distraction. You need not be mean, just pray for them even more and move on. Remember Jesus first!! Anytime you would like to share, please feel free to: jimdaceyjunior@yahoo.com

LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Sunday: We pray the Glorious Mysteries:

The Glorious Mysteries

1. The Resurrection (Faith) –Mark 16:1-8
2. The Ascension (Hope) –Luke 24:50-53
3. The Descent of the Holy Spirit (Love) –Acts 2:1-4
4. The Assumption of Our Lady
(Grace of a Happy Death) –Rev 12:1-6
5. The Coronation of Mary (Mary’s intercession) –Judith 15:9-10

Glory and Honor and Praise to You Lord Jesus Christ!


MY FIRST BOOK.
(Mary’s Way of The Cross - .99¢)

MY SECOND BOOK.
(Praying The Complete Rosary - .99¢)