Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Tell Me Where


BEADS OF JOY 04-03-18
Tell Me Where
©2018 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Gospel: 
John 20:11-18 (Mary Magdala sees Jesus)
“But Mary stood weeping outside the tomb, and as she wept she stooped to look into the tomb; and she saw two angels in white, sitting where the body of Jesus had lain, one at the head and one at the feet. They said to her, "Woman, why are you weeping?" She said to them, "Because they have taken away my Lord, and I do not know where they have laid him." Saying this, she turned round and saw Jesus standing, but she did not know that it was Jesus. Jesus said to her, "Woman, why are you weeping? Whom do you seek?" Supposing him to be the gardener, she said to him, "Sir, if you have carried him away, tell me where you have laid him, and I will take him away." Jesus said to her, "Mary." She turned and said to him in Hebrew, "Rabboni!" (which means Teacher). Jesus said to her, "Do not hold me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to my brethren and say to them, I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God." Mary Magdalene went and said to the disciples, "I have seen the Lord"; and she told them that he had said these things to her.”

Reflection:
Why couldn’t Mary simply see it was Jesus standing before her, right from the start? Sometimes we stay too focused on our own selves. Even while in sorrow for that very person we have lost in our lives; somehow, we take our eyes off that person. I guess it could be our own sorrow, about our own broken heart, that keeps us focused way too much on ourselves. It’s not intentional, hope this makes sense. I honestly can understand Mary’s blind sightedness to not recognize Jesus immediately, even though He was right there. My reflection is about the love of my life, whom I miss tremendously.

The biggest deepest most hurtful loss in my life, was my dear precious Baby-cakes on November 26, 2016. That mornings memory, of her last few minutes alive, still runs through my brain. I have shared this so many times. She called to me at 4:30 in the morning saying, “Jim I can’t breathe, I can’t breathe, I can’t breathe!” As she gasped for air. I came to her side of the bed and blood as pouring out of her mouth. I put a small garbage pail (that was next to her bed) under her telling her to calm down. She looked at me, I held her, she held me, and she said, “Jim, I’m dying!” and she released her grip, and her lifeless body pulled me with her as she laid back in bed. I have healed so much in these past 493 days. I know, why did I just say it that way? It’s the healing I am alluding to. By the healing power of God’s love for me I am beginning to feel whole again.

I can’t explain the depths of pain and sorrow, so that anyone who hasn’t experienced it, could possibly understand it. But I will try. When I was home from my strokes and Chrissy was still ill from her cancer, my life went from so much sorrow of her suffering, to an indescribable joy that I would be with her every single day. We loved each other so much and at that point we were already married 28 years. So, we knew each very well and Chrissy knew I doted over her and spoiled her without limitation. She would occasionally say, “Stop spoiling me Jim, just treat me regular.” I’d say, “Are you kidding me, you are my Queen, I love you so much… I wanna build my world around you, tell you that’s it true…” LOL Yes, I am singing again. LOL “…I’m talking about a lifetime plan...” “...it ended all too soon…” I can sing that song, with my eyes closed and my eyes will be tearing up as I feel my heart skip a beat. That song still brings me right back into Chrissy’s arms, reminiscing…


Little River Band - Reminiscing (1978)



My guess is this, taking it from my own experience. When Mary Magdalene saw Jesus, she was buried deep in her tears and she probably had a hole deep inside her heart. All she knew was that Jesus was dead, and someone must have taken Him away. She wasn’t thinking about His presence or His resurrection, how could she, she seen Him die. Just like I saw Chrissy die in my arms, I was blind to her presence, but through time and many many days of crying all day. I began to look for her in my kids and in the people, she knew. And you know what happened? Several times Chrissy came to me in dreams. And with all that, I documented the dreams, they are here in this archive of writings. Dec 13 & 16, 2016 and on May 1, 2017. Go ahead and look for them and read them. These dreams gave me hope and love that I needed just one more time from her personally. Now, I look for her all the time in our kids and I see her a lot more than I did before. It’s amazing and refreshing to know part of her is still with us.


Jesus Is Resurrected

Pondering these thoughts today: Do we see Jesus right before you, in your everyday life? Is it obvious to you, that His Blessed hand is in your life in all that you do? And even though at times, you feel like you don’t see Him, and you don’t sense Him there; do you still believe in Him, and do you rejoice anyway? Let us think of that today and let us try to see Jesus more in our daily life. But, if you are like, “Yo, Jimbo I am already there, what else could I do?” I suggest you spend as much time as you can, reading scripture and falling in love with God’s Word. I promise you, you will become addicted. Also use  https://www.biblegateway.com/  …for the record, I gain no benefit by sending you there. I have been using this website for many years, I guess that is part of my scriptural addiction. Have fun. Let me know what you think. jimdaceyjunior@yahoo.com  

LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Tuesday: We pray the Sorrowful Mysteries:

The Sorrowful Mysteries

1. Agony on the Garden (Sorrow for sin) –Matt 26:36-46
2. Scourging at the Pillar (Purity) –Mark 15:1-16
3. Crowning with Thorns (Moral Courage) –Matt 27:27-31
4. Carrying of the Cross (Patience) –Mark 15:20-22
5. The Crucifixion (Perseverance) –Luke 23:33-46

Thank you Lord for loving us so much…




Rosary Man Jim’s Sorrowful Reflection:
http://beads-of-joy-blog.blogspot.com/2014/02/the-sorrowful-mysteries_11.html

MY FIRST BOOK.
(Mary’s Way of The Cross - .99¢)

MY SECOND BOOK.
(Praying The Complete Rosary - .99¢)