Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Taken Up Into Heaven


BEADS OF JOY 04-25-18
“Taken Up Into Heaven”
©2018 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Gospel: 
Mark 16:15-20 (Commissioning of the Eleven)
“And he said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the Gospel to the whole creation. He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. And these signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will cast out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up serpents, and if they drink any deadly thing, it will not hurt them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover." So, then the Lord Jesus, after he had spoken to them, was taken up into heaven, and sat down at the right hand of God. And they went forth and preached everywhere, while the Lord worked with them and confirmed the message by the signs that attended it. Amen.

Reflection:
God has plans that continuously move forward for all of us. Do you feel like there is something special waiting for you? Is there something deep inside of you aching to serve Jesus in a special way? Staying focused on prayer and never taking our eyes or our hearts off of Jesus is important. He will guide you and lead you. You my friend, have a special task that only you can do for our Lord. Have patience and faith that He will lead you in the direction that you should be going. And might I suggest that you spike up your private prayer life. Staying focused on our Lord, makes it so much easier to know what our Lord wants of us. If we barely give Him any of our time, then how in the world will we ever surrender our lives over to Him and know what He wants of us. Believe me, if your life is impossibly busy, He will help you find a way. All things are possible through Jesus.

Don’t let today’s gospel have you thinking you must travel the world and begin preaching and teaching everyone, about Jesus. No, but Yes! There are so many ways to reach out. Maybe it’s in an email or a phone call or even a text, something that brings Jesus into the conversation. The objective that will happen naturally, is that your joy and excitement become contagious. People will be asking you, why are you so happy? Let Jesus live through you, it will change your life.

Follow these thoughts for a moment: Overall, I am always so happy and positive. I do have my moments of tears and doubt and disappointment; but, I think overall, I have a very positive demeanor. Back when Chrissy was first diagnosed with Cancer (May 2010); my dear long-time friend Jack McElligott came over our home to spend time with us. He and I were close spiritual buddies back then, kind of like me and Al are now. Well, after visiting and spending time with Chrissy, Jack said, “Let’s go outside and chat if that’s ok?” Of cause, so we went in the yard and sat on a bench. I knew Jack just as long as I knew Fr. Mullally. So, we sat, and he looked at me, I smiled at him. He said, “I get it Jim. Here you are smiling and positive through all of this. Jesus is really truly alive inside of you. I get it. You trust fully in Him and I see that.” Sometimes all we have to do is truly believe in God and know that everything will be fine, if it be His Will, and of cause live a life reflecting that. We don’t have to understand it, we just have to do it and know it. Jack passed away on October 15, 2010 at the age of 85, he was a WWII Veteran, retired NYC Police Officer and a business owner and a Devout Catholic, and my dear friend. Oh yea, Jack was also an operating engineer, operating a crane in the construction of the World Trade Center, an amazing man indeed, there is even more that can be said about this Godly man. Yea, I miss Jack.


Jesus gives the mission to the Apostles



Pondering these thoughts today: We are all called to be Ambassadors of God. And through the Good News of today’s very gospel, we have learned about this. Sharing our faith with others is a vital part of who we are in our faith. Living it is even more powerful. We don’t have been at the podium and preach in that way. No, I feel most comfortable talking one on one. Yes, I have this platform to share, but with that said, I feel like this message goes to each and everyone of you personally. I don’t feel like this is a crowd. So, what do we do? Let us do like the Apostles and spread the Good News to all.

I have a challenge for you: I did this many many years ago. I started a prayer list (of people: names), some people I knew, most I didn’t. I made it my goal to get at least 2 new people a week added to my prayer list. These 2 had to be people I didn’t know, and I wanted to share Jesus with. I did this for years, it becomes easier when it becomes a habit to share our Lord with others. You can do it! God Bless you…

LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Wednesday: We pray the Glorious Mysteries:

The Glorious Mysteries

1. The Resurrection (Faith) –Mark 16:1-8
2. The Ascension (Hope) –Luke 24:50-53
3. The Descent of the Holy Spirit (Love) –Acts 2:1-4
4. The Assumption of Our Lady (A Happy Death) –Rev 12:1-6
5. The Coronation of Mary (Mary’s intercession) –Judith 15:9-10

Glory and Honor and Praise to You Lord Jesus Christ!



MY FIRST BOOK.
(Mary’s Way of The Cross - .99¢)

MY SECOND BOOK.
(Praying The Complete Rosary - .99¢)

Rosary Man Jim's
Decades With Our Lady Podcast
https://rosarymanjim.podbean.com/