Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Ever Been Astonished


BEADS OF JOY 01-15-19
“Ever Been Astonished”
©2019 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Gospel: Mark 1:21-28 (The Cure of a Demoniac)
“And they went into Capernaum; and immediately on the Sabbath he entered the synagogue and taught. And they were astonished at his teaching, for he taught them as one who had authority, and not as the scribes. And immediately there was in their synagogue a man with an unclean spirit; and he cried out, "What have you to do with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are, the Holy One of God." But Jesus rebuked him, saying, "Be silent, and come out of him!" And the unclean spirit, convulsing him and crying with a loud voice, came out of him. And they were all amazed, so that they questioned among themselves, saying, "What is this? A new teaching! With authority he commands even the unclean spirits, and they obey him." And at once his fame spread everywhere throughout all the surrounding region of Galilee.”

Reflection:
Have you ever been astonished? I mean really beyond your expectations of what you thought you just seen or heard or learned? Sometimes the simplest most spectacular things happen right before our eyes and we miss it. Have you ever seen a miracle? Unfortunately, most will say “No”; but the truth of the matter is miracles happen around us every single day. I found for me in my life, and I would have to say while I was taking care of Christine; my eyes and ears became every focused on every single piece of information, looking for the positive outcome. I always felt that throughout my spiritual life that I looked for miracles (God’s hand) in all things; but now when I look back on these past 36 years, I realize it took the life-threatening illness of my most precious love to make my focus become even more intense.

God does not give us more than we can handle. Ok, I just heard someone from the back of the room yell, “Yea, not in my life!” I would dare to say that many of us, even solid hardcore believers, have been in that place of thought at some point in our lives, but we dare not say it out loud. Well, I confess, I have been all over the map with that reaction and Thank God, my faith is really strong, and I would never ever turn away from my Lord. I know what it is to cry, with a seriously wounded heart not understanding the suffering of someone I love or even my own suffering. God has a plan and a purpose and a reason, that in this life we probably won’t ever understand it, to the way our Lord intends us to. (hope that made sense) Our faith is based on things unseen and trust, that is where the rubber meets the road. And sometimes, when the rubber meets the road; we have two strokes within two days, and/or the one we love passes away in our arms.

So, you want to know in my life. Have I ever been astonished? Yes, many, many, many times. Some I have written about and shared in previous blogs and others I couldn’t stop talking about. Throughout Chrissy’s illness we were consumed with doctor appointments, tests, results and diagnoses. It was truly an endless trail of information, sometimes hard to even understand. In the early years Christine was on several different medications and three inhalers. Two were mediated and one was for an emergency, when she was out of breath. To me, it was a miracle that I knew all her medication and exactly what they were for. Chrissy understandably, was in a cloud when it came to all these details. But I see now, how our Lord protected her from all the minutia of detail, that would have only created anxiety in her life. Miracles? Yes!! Many miracles. Three times doctors, (oncologists) told me that she wasn’t going to live much longer, she did.


Pondering these thoughts today: Today’s reflection and thoughts about “being astonished” was a lot to take in. I agree. I guess we all live our lives differently; some fly through life, while others drive through life. Me, I walk, stroll and take my time. Every second, every minute, every hour… (no I am not singing a Dean Martin song, lol) I am referring to the life, our Lord has blessed us with. Quality far exceeds quantity. I know what it is like, to have the privilege to buy lots and lots of things and own several enjoyable things (houses, cars, camper). But with all that said, I also know poverty and hunger only too well. And to me, I prefer poverty and slowing down and really appreciating everyone and everything I have in my life. The pain and the suffering has brought a much clearer focus in my life. And for that I am very grateful, God’s wisdom of knowing what I can handle, is very true in my life.


Daily Reading for Tuesday
January 15th, 2019



Therese de Lisieux from
"Who Cares About The Saints?"
with Fr. James Martin, S.J.




LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Tuesday: We pray the Sorrowful Mysteries:

The Sorrowful Mysteries

1. Agony on the Garden (Sorrow for sin) –Matt 26:36-46
2. Scourging at the Pillar (Purity) –Mark 15:1-16
3. Crowning with Thorns (Moral Courage) –Matt 27:27-31
4. Carrying of the Cross (Patience) –Mark 15:20-22
5. The Crucifixion (Perseverance) –Luke 23:33-46

Thank you Lord for loving us so much…




MY FIRST BOOK.
(Mary’s Way of The Cross - .99¢)

MY SECOND BOOK.
(Praying The Complete Rosary - .99¢)

Rosary Man Jim's
Decades With Our Lady Podcast
https://rosarymanjim.podbean.com/