Friday, January 4, 2019

They Followed Jesus


BEADS OF JOY 01-04-19
“They Followed Jesus”
©2019 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,



Today’s Gospel: John 1:35-42 (The First Disciples)
“The next day again John was standing with two of his disciples; and he looked at Jesus as he walked, and said, "Behold, the Lamb of God!" The two disciples heard him say this, and they followed Jesus. Jesus turned, and saw them following, and said to them, "What do you seek?" And they said to him, "Rabbi" (which means Teacher), "where are you staying?" He said to them, "Come and see." They came and saw where he was staying; and they stayed with him that day, for it was about the tenth hour. One of the two who heard John speak, and followed him, was Andrew, Simon Peter's brother. He first found his brother Simon, and said to him, "We have found the Messiah" (which means Christ). He brought him to Jesus. Jesus looked at him, and said, "So you are Simon the son of John? You shall be called Cephas" (which means Peter).

Reflection:
Do you hear Jesus in the silence of your heart? Do you make time to listen to Him? Are there times in your life, that you have wondered if our Lord was by your side? It’s so simple for us to hear Jesus, maybe not always literally or immediately; but if we simply keep quiet and truly have quiet prayer time, we will hear His voice inside our hearts. Sometimes we simply feel His love, or we feel more loved and more content in being with me. No matter what it is, our first step must be, to be more silent in His presence. I found that for me at home, quiet time is often spent looking at the cross and I think about how much Jesus really loves me. And that is the simplicity of my focus. Praying the Rosary and Bible Study are both other times I spend with Jesus, but they are my prayer times.

Early on in our marriage when we used to live on Staten Island, Chrissy and I use to go to Eucharistic Adoration. Our church back then, (St Rita’s) had adoration through the night once every week. And that schedule worked for us. We would only go for maybe an hour or two, but always for at least one hour. This was besides the prayer groups we participated in weekly. In our journey we use to talk a lot about quiet time with Jesus. Chrissy used to tell me about her quiet times with Jesus at home, when I was at work. She always got so exited telling me how wonderful and amazing it felt to just sit there holding the cross and feel His love in the silence. She was right. So, we made sure Eucharistic Adoration was a weekly part of our lives.

We have a Cross in our home with Jesus Crucified on it, it is 12 inches tall and right now it is on our wall; you see it as you walk in through our back door. (photo includedBut, there is a rich history in our spiritual journey with that Cross. We have had it for decades and oddly enough I don’t recall where we bought it. Through the years especially the early years, we use to be at the Fatima Shrine in Washington, NJ as much as two times a month. Plus, most weeks on my own I would visit the Daughters of St. Paul store in St. George on Staten Island and we always shopped at Alba House on Victory Blvd on Staten Island. So, where we got it, will always be a great mystery. But I do know we have had it for decades. In the past it was never a wall Cross, it used to sit on my dresser or Chrissy’s dresser. Its intention was to hold it. Just like Fr. Pablo Straub use to hold the Cross on EWTN. (photo included) We really enjoyed watching him back then.


This was the entry way near our kitchen in our home.

A favorite show of ours for so many years.

Pondering these thoughts today: With all my rambling on, let us not forget today’s focus “Disciples Heard Him”. I talk a lot and believe you-me that is an understatement. Adoration shuts me up, so I can be quiet enough to hear Jesus in my heart. Sometimes, all I felt was at peace; other times I would be thinking about the Mass or a certain prayer. There was one time during Mass in St. Rita’s that during the Eucharistic prayers before Communion, I felt myself being lifted in my seat, like I had no gravity. I obviously remained in my seat, but this vision or whatever it was, it gave me a view with height looking at the altar. We always sat in the front row, right side next to the brick post. It was one of the most sensational experiences I had back then during Mass. I never shared this publicly before, this is the first time. So, after Mass, Chrissy said, that I got awful silent and you were looking all around, she asked what happened. I told her, and we said, we shall always sit in those seats. It never happened again, but I’ll tell you, I love the Mass, it is truly the most incredible part of my life’s journey.


John 1:35-42
From the Visual Bible



The Meaning of Suffering
w/ Fr. Mike Schmitz


Mike & Mark Lowry
Mary Did You Know?



LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Friday: We pray the Sorrowful Mysteries:

The Sorrowful Mysteries

1. Agony on the Garden (Sorrow for sin) –Matt 26:36-46
2. Scourging at the Pillar (Purity) –Mark 15:1-16
3. Crowning with Thorns (Moral Courage) –Matt 27:27-31
4. Carrying of the Cross (Patience) –Mark 15:20-22
5. The Crucifixion (Perseverance) –Luke 23:33-46

Thank you Lord for loving us so much…



MY FIRST BOOK.
(Mary’s Way of The Cross - .99¢)

MY SECOND BOOK.
(Praying The Complete Rosary - .99¢)

Rosary Man Jim's
Decades With Our Lady Podcast
https://rosarymanjim.podbean.com/