Monday, January 14, 2019

Believe in The Gospel


BEADS OF JOY 01-14-19
“Believe in The Gospel”
©2019 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Gospel: Mark 1:14-20 (Call of The First Disciple)
“Now after John was arrested, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of God, and saying, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent, and believe in the gospel." And passing along by the Sea of Galilee, he saw Simon and Andrew the brother of Simon casting a net in the sea; for they were fishermen. And Jesus said to them, "Follow me and I will make you become fishers of men." And immediately they left their nets and followed him. And going on a little farther, he saw James the son of Zebedee and John his brother, who were in their boat mending the nets. And immediately he called them; and they left their father Zebedee in the boat with the hired servants and followed him.”

Reflection:

I love seeing Jesus’ words in the Gospel. I realize, what we see is a translation and He didn’t speak English; no matter, I still love opening my Bible and seeing the Gospel pages filled with red letters of His words. Do you have a Bible with red letter words of Jesus in the Gospels? One of my Bibles does, and I just get chills when I see it. There is something so wonderfully spectacular and incredible knowing that I/we can read the very words that our Lord and Savior said. How does it make you feel? Back in 1986 I got Chrissy her first Bible, the only Bible she kept for 30 years. I say that because I have a couple of Bibles.

She, like me, loved seeing the red letters of Jesus speaking in her Bible. I cherish her Bible even more now, she used to read it a lot. I can remember many days coming in from work and there she would be, at the kitchen table holding one of the kids, reading her Bible. A truly impressionable blessed memory. I wish I got a picture of her doing that. In my many memories, I can still see one or more of the kids at the table with her doing their homework, there were drinks and snacks out and Chrissy was always had a huge loving smile on her face. Christine was always smiling. Sometimes she’d have questions about a scripture (I didn’t always have the answers, but we’d talk about it.), other times she wanted to share what it meant to her. We both loved scripture.

I encourage you to fall in love with God’s Word. Keep your Bible with you wherever you go. That is why I have more than one Bible. And that is why I love Bible Study so much, either just me alone in front of my laptop or in a small group in a living room. I just love Bible Study. Recently I was in a very long-term Bible Study with Jeff Cavins with my longtime friends, Ray and Carol Proulx, Ray Weeks and Barbara Buchanan. Here’s the intro video, it’s so exciting, even the intro.



The Great Adventure
Catholic Bible Study Promo
w/ Jeff Cavins


Pondering these thoughts today: I love the gospel so much that a couple of decades back I developed this habit of focusing on the gospels; aside from the day’s gospel reading. I wrote a blog all about it, the link is directly below this paragraph. If there are 5 books that I wanted to choose from the Bible, that I wanted to emerge into and really be familiar with, they would be:

-The Gospel of Matthew
-The Gospel of Mark
-The Gospel of Luke
-The Gospel of John
-Acts of The Apostles

Rosary Man’s Gospel Study
Rosary Man's Gospel Study - Click Here




Daily Reading for Monday
January 14th, 2019




How to Study the Bible
Using the SOAP Method
(great idea, check it out)



Read Scripture: Mark
Excellent Overview




LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Monday: We pray the Joyful Mysteries:

The Joyful Mysteries

1. The Annunciation (Humility) – Luke 1:26-28
2. The Visitation (Love of Neighbor) – Luke 1:39-45
3. The Birth of Jesus (Poverty of Spirit) – Luke 2:1-20
4. The Presentation (Purity of Mind & Spirit) – Luke 2:22-38
5. Finding in The Temple (Obedience) –Luke 2:41-50

I simply love Monday mornings, because every morning begins with the Rosary.



MY FIRST BOOK.
(Mary’s Way of The Cross - .99¢)

MY SECOND BOOK.
(Praying The Complete Rosary - .99¢)

Rosary Man Jim's
Decades With Our Lady Podcast
https://rosarymanjim.podbean.com/