Friday, January 18, 2019

They Were All Amazed


BEADS OF JOY 01-18-19
“They Were All Amazed”
©2019 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Gospel: Mark 2:1-12 (Healing of a Paralytic)
“And when he returned to Capernaum after some days, it was reported that he was at home. And many were gathered together, so that there was no longer room for them, not even about the door; and he was preaching the word to them. And they came, bringing to him a paralytic carried by four men. And when they could not get near him because of the crowd, they removed the roof above him; and when they had made an opening, they let down the pallet on which the paralytic lay. And when Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralytic, "My son, your sins are forgiven."

Now some of the scribes were sitting there, questioning in their hearts, "Why does this man speak thus? It is blasphemy! Who can forgive sins but God alone?" And immediately Jesus, perceiving in his spirit that they thus questioned within themselves, said to them, "Why do you question thus in your hearts? Which is easier, to say to the paralytic, `Your sins are forgiven,' or to say, `Rise, take up your pallet and walk'? But that you may know that the Son of man has authority on earth to forgive sins" -- he said to the paralytic -- "I say to you, rise, take up your pallet and go home." And he rose, and immediately took up the pallet and went out before them all; so that they were all amazed and glorified God, saying, "We never saw anything like this!"

Reflection:
Can you imagine this scene? It had to be breath-taking. “they removed the roof above him” This scripture has to make you wonder, “How much faith do I really have?” Our faith isn’t tested when we are at peace and everything is so wonderful. Our faith is tested when the very breath we breathe is being taken from us; or when you are pregnant with your first child and three months in, you have a miscarriage and you are bleeding and you lose your baby. These experiences brought us to our knees in tears back in 1987. We are tested when we are down and at our worst. That is when we must turn to our Lord. That can’t be the only time we turn to Him.

I have always shared how through the years, that we should live a life of All Things Jesus 24/7/365. Never be afraid to live your faith and love our Lord. Everyone is in a different place on their spiritual journey; yes, but one thing that should not be different is that we are all on the same path leading to Jesus. I’m not sure how many people here that read this, are married or widows or widowers. Let us look at our relationship to our spouse. You made a vow together before the altar of God. Our love for our spouse is not only in the words of our vow, but in our heart. Our vow before God and many witnesses is to proclaim our love for that person, outwardly and openly for all to see. 

Proudly! Boldly! Love Jesus! Don’t hide the cross you wear. Don’t be afraid to pray publicly before all your meals. Don’t be afraid to include our Lord in your conversations. To me, this is just me speaking, if you are my friend and you criticize or silence me when I share something about my faith or my spiritual journey, and you insist on being that thorn. I won’t hate you, I won’t yell and scream at you. No, I will always pray for you and I will continue to share my love for my Lord. No friend is a real friend who does not let you believe and live a life that you so desire to live that includes your Lord.

Pondering these thoughts today: These last couple of days gospels, have been about healing. Is your life a life of healing? Do you allow Jesus to be an open part of your everyday life? Would you be one of the people helping a friend get closer to Jesus? Or would you be the like the scribe who only wants to take away the joy of Jesus that you have inside you? The most wonderful part about this life, is that we truly have the free-will, to live it how we want to. I know sometimes we risk our lives in this world of hate when it comes to our faith. But, know this, I would rather die because I love my Lord, than live a lie, selfishly protecting my wasteful life. My life has value and meaning because of Jesus and it is through my faith in Him, that I shall live my days. Nothing in the life will ever turn me away from Jesus, I would rather die loving Him.




Jesus Forgives Sins and
Heals a Man Stricken with Palsy




Confessing the Same Sins
Over and Over Again
w/ Fr. Mike Schmitz



LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Friday: We pray the Sorrowful Mysteries:

The Sorrowful Mysteries

1. Agony on the Garden (Sorrow for sin) –Matt 26:36-46
2. Scourging at the Pillar (Purity) –Mark 15:1-16
3. Crowning with Thorns (Moral Courage) –Matt 27:27-31
4. Carrying of the Cross (Patience) –Mark 15:20-22
5. The Crucifixion (Perseverance) –Luke 23:33-46

Thank you Lord for loving us so much…



MY FIRST BOOK.
(Mary’s Way of The Cross - .99¢)

MY SECOND BOOK.
(Praying The Complete Rosary - .99¢)

Rosary Man Jim's
Decades With Our Lady Podcast
https://rosarymanjim.podbean.com/