Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Best Time To Pray

Beads of Joy 01-13-11

Best Time To Pray The Rosary
©2011 James Dacey, Jr. SFO

Hello Everyone,

Making time for prayer, now that is an interesting topic to talk about. And this is coming from a Christian man who has virtually no real spare time, and when I do, I really should be sleeping. But truth be known, I do spend a rather huge part of my day, in prayer, every single day. Some of you maybe thinking, "How? There's no way you could have all that spare time, with all that is on your plate?" Remarkably it is possible, it has become second nature to me, and it can be as easy for you as well. But then many of you are so right in the start of this answer, and got it correct from the start, "There can only be one time to pray the Rosary..." I say in response to that, "That one time is "all the time", throughout your entire day. In past blogs I have shared a daily method I use frequently, so that I can easily pray a full 20 decade Rosary everyday. Well today I want to also share yet another couple of ideas, on how I inevitable have the Rosary alive and prayed in my life every single day in all things. Prayer must be a constant. What is prayer? It is a loving living very real constant conversation with Almighty God. Sometimes we speak to Him through the saints, other times through those we love, and other times we go to Our Blessed Mother through the Rosary, to speak to Him. As long as we keep the conversation alive and constant, that in and of itself is a spectacular blessing.

Here's what I would like to recommend to you, a bunch of idea's on where and when you can and could fit the Rosary, either a decade, or a full Rosary, or the complete twenty decades, it's up to you. You can and will be creative when you realize all the time that you really can do this in the course of a day. Here's a simple thought, let's say you wake up for work, or school, or to help take care of your family before they do those things. How about simply waking up 20-30 minutes earlier, to pray a Rosary; or even more simply waking up 5-10 minutes earlier to pray a decade for your family that day. Another idea: Many of you schedule everything you do; kids activities, beauty parlor, doctor appointments, and so many other things, just look at your calendar on the refrigerator, lol. How about on a daily or even weekly basis, schedule in a Rosary, or a decade, something. Or even a moment at which point every single day; you bow your head for a moment and simply pray 1 Our Father and 1 Hail Mary for the prayers you have for your family and friends. I pray that these ideas are stirring up excitement inside your heart and soul, thinking of when you can pray.

I still have a few more thoughts to share, about when it is the best time to pray the Rosary. You see I live and breath the Rosary, no lie and no compliments. I say that because that sometimes I am sure and I know by private emails, that many can't understand how I do it. Long before there were Luminous Mysteries, I use to pick different stories and events in scripture, and in devotion to my Rosary, pray a decade for that event. It sort of developed into its own habit of praying decades, and I really like that. Here's another idea I believe will spin many ideas of your own off of. How about praying your Rosary; when you drive, while you are at work (to yourself, in your heart), while you are exercising, whenever you take a long walk. These ideas are virtually limitless, so many of us have personal down time that is private and in the midst of us doing other things. And we can easily pray a decade, or complete Rosary or even a full 20 decades. The creativity of this devotion is truly endless. And one last idea for now, how about praying your Rosary before you go to sleep at night, or a decade, or even simply 1 Our Father and 1 Hail Mary thanking God for seeing you through your day.

Today I pray that these ideas stirred your heart into some of your own ideas and ways, that you personally can increase your own personal time with our Lord and His Mother. If we all just take a moment, we can find so much to share to help each other to get closer to our Lord. The whole point of this life, is to prepare for the next one. If we waste it, how sad that will be. If I told you, we were going to leave for a spectacular journey and you need to get ready, wouldn't you want to know what you needed to do? Wouldn't you at least say, "Do I need this..?, Do I need that..?, Should I learn about this..?, or whatever." Most people for the most part would try their best to be ready for that spectacular journey. Our eternity is greater than any vacation, or place on earth. Our eternity will be in the presence of Almighty God, our Blessed Mother, all the saints, all the disciples. We will be surrounded by God's chosen people. I seriously believe, once we are in His presence, even all eternity won't be enough time. God love all of you, please try to seriously devote some time to some sort of prayer. Just trust in our Lord, He will lead you. Simply pray, "Jesus, I trust in You."


Your brother in Christ Jesus & His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr SFO

Today we pray the Luminous Mysteries

1. Baptism of Jesus
2. Wedding at Cana
3. Proclamation of the Kingdom
4. The Transfiguration
5. Institution of the Holy Eucharist