The Rosary - The Rosary
I really enjoy praying the Rosary and I really enjoy sharing it with everybody. I can and for the most part I do, talk about the Rosary every single day. I made a commitment back in 1983 with our Lord and His mom, that I would spend the entire rest of my life spreading the Joy and Love found in them there precious beads. I always, always, always have at a minimum, of one rosary always with me (the one I wear on my neck, I made it twenty-one years ago). Plus for the most part I have one extra one hidden in most of my jackets, my car, my work bag, most places have rosaries. I am always ready to pray and hopefully have a partner to pray with. Is this an addiction? Is it a medical issue? Is it a drug problem? LOL, just kidding, getting goofy here I guess with so much JOY inside me. What in the world is it? I can't fully explain it, and I admit that I will spend the rest of my life trying to explain this exciting JOY that I feel is sometimes bottled up inside me.
Just take a moment and think of about how truly magnificent the Rosary really is. It's twenty simple mysteries that span across our Lord's life; and we get to be with our Lady by our side for the journey. When I look at my Rosary beads I see, "scripture on a cord" I literally get so wrapped up in these wonderful prayers that I sometimes pray that the feeling I am having during my prayers never leaves me. But I will say that I do believe that that happens sometimes, actually alot of the times, especially when I am alone. I really think I am so not part of the world spiritually, that I do escape from time to time, sort of a min-vacation to our Lord villa. LOL. That's why I always say a twenty decade Rosary is easy most of the time; because you spiritually leave this place. An experience you would only desire to have again and again, once you have really experienced Jesus the way His mother shares Him with us.
Look at this:
The Joyful Mysteries - Focuses on our Lord's birth and childhood.
1. The Annunciation - The angel of God appears to Mary and tells her she is to be the Mother of God - humility.
2. The Visitation - Mary, on hearing of Elizabeth's own pregnancy goes to visit with Her cousin - charity.
3. The Birth of Our Lord - Away from home and with no where to stay Mary and Joseph welcome Jesus into the world - poverty.
4. The Presentation - Mary and Joseph present Jesus to His Heavenly Father in the temple 40 days after His Birth - obedience.
5. The Finding in the temple - After searching for three days Mary and Joseph find the 12 year old boy sitting among the learned doctors of the temple - piety.
The Mysteries of Light - All about our Lord's ministry...
1. The Baptism of Our Lord - As Christ descends into the waters the heavens open wide and the voice of the Father declares him the beloved Son, while the Spirit descends on him to invest him with the mission which he is to carry out.
2. The Wedding Feast at Cana - The first of the signs, given at Cana, is when Christ changes water into wine and opens the hearts of the disciples to faith, thanks to the intervention of Mary, the first among believers.
3. Jesus Proclaims the Kingdom of God - Jesus proclaims the coming of the Kingdom of God, calls to conversion and forgives the sins of all who draw near to him in humble trust, the inauguration of the ministry of mercy which He continues to exercise until the end of the world, particularly through the Sacrament of Reconciliation.
4. The Transfiguration - During the Transfiguration the glory of the Godhead shines forth from the face of Christ as the Father commands the astonished Apostles to “listen to him” and to prepare to experience with Him the agony of the Passion, so as to come with Him to the joy of the Resurrection and a life transfigured by the Holy Spirit.
5. The Last Supper - At the Last Supper we see the the institution of the Eucharist, in which Christ offers his body and blood as food under the signs of bread and wine, and testifies “to the end” his love for humanity, for whose salvation he will offer himself in sacrifice.
The Sorrowful Mysteries - Now we focus on our Lord's suffering.
1. The Agony in the Garden - The thought of our sins and His impending, horrible death make Jesus sweat tears of blood - contrition.
2. The Scourging at the Pillar - Jesus is stripped of His clothing and dignity and is lashed repeatedly leaving His body a mass of bloody wounds - purity.
3. The Crowning of Thorns - Jesus is ridiculed for claiming Kingship when they place a crown of thorns on His head - courage.
4. The Carrying of the Cross - Jesus shoulders His own cross, carrying it and dragging it to Golgotha, our sins were the weight of that cross - patience.
5. The Crucifixion of Our Divine Lord - After three hours of agony, watched by His Beloved Mother, Jesus dies - self-denial.
The Glorious Mysteries - Time to celebrate through these mysteries.
1. The Resurrection - Jesus rises from the dead three days after His Crucifixion as He had said He would - faith.
2. The Ascension - 40 days after His Resurrection Jesus ascends into Heaven to sit at the right hand of His Father, there to judge the living and the dead at the end of the world - hope.
3. The Descent of The Holy Spirit - Jesus sends the Holy Spirit on His apostles and disciples in the form of fiery tongues - love.
4. The Assumption - Our Lady's soul returns to God and her glorified body is assumed into heaven - eternal happiness.
5. The Coronation - Mary is crowned Queen of Heaven and Earth, of Angels and Saints, to rule over our lives forever and into eternity - devotion to Mary.
It is so hard to contain the JOY of simply reading through these mysteries. I pray that whatever is inside me, in my heart, in my spirit, is also inside you; allow it to explode with Joy and excitement. Allow Jesus to fill you with so much eternal Joy that you literally can't contain it anymore, and you have to get out and start sharing all these mysteries publicly.
"Jesus My Lord, I fully trust in You."
Your brother in Christ Jesus & His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr SFO
Today we pray the Glorious Mysteries1. The Resurrection2. The Ascension3. The Descent of The Holy Spirit4. The Assumption5. The Coronation