Thursday, January 6, 2011

What Is Freedom Really?

Beads of Joy 01-06-11

What Is Freedom Really?
©2011 James Dacey, Jr. SFO

Hello Everyone,

When freedom comes before responsibility, compassion and love; is it still freedom? I wonder what freedom is really all about, being free of being free from other things, or from being around certain people. Or does freedom allow you by it's definition to do whatever you want to do, thinking there is no price to pay. Is it your free choice to do these things. I ponder these thoughts this morning, wondering, maybe I to have forgotten what the real meaning of freedom is. I am simply reflecting here, I would only imagine, but being 46 years old I know that the freedoms I have requires me to be responsible, sensible, and morally straight. Even though I am free my compassion and love for my family and for others must not be shelved and forgotten. Also in my freedom, selfishness finds no place for if I am selfish I place a wall around my own freedom to love others before myself. So then what really is freedom?

Can it be the freedom of drinking water instead of soda? Can it be the freedom to place strangers before your own family? Can it be the freedom to hurt others? Can it be an excuse to do things that only destroy your relationship with God? Can my own freedom actually in the long run, be the very thing that takes away my freedom? There is much insight to that last thought. Freedom by it's very nature, can either make the wind blow free through your hair as you look out into the ocean; or it can place you behind bars. I guess freedom can be defined as an opportunity to do what you so desire, provided you are responsible, compassionate and loving in the choices you ultimately, freely make.

I pray that this little reflection opens your own thoughts about what freedom really is in your own life.

Freedom ??

Am I free to really do what I want?
Does that mean others are of no concern,
Or are my freedoms governed by rules
If I don't follow --- I will be burned.

I ponder these thoughts on this day
A day that can change or even destroy,
Most of us know how this feels
To love and adore your little girl or boy.

So in my prayers I beg for guidance
May the Holy Spirit lead the way,
And may the hearts of today's young people
Avoid the regrets they can make each day.

I end in a prayer we all know
For God have given all of us this day a new,
So bow your heads and pray this prayer
"Jesus my Lord, I trust in You."


Your brother in Christ Jesus & His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr SFO

Today we pray the Luminous Mysteries

1. Baptism of Jesus
2. Wedding at Cana
3. Proclamation of the Kingdom
4. The Transfiguration
5. Institution of the Holy Eucharist