Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Calling of Matthew

BEADS OF JOY 09-21-16
“Calling of Matthew”
©2016 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Gospel: Matthew 9:9-13 (Calling of Matthew)
“As Jesus passed on from there, he saw a man called Matthew sitting at the tax office; and he said to him, "Follow me." And he rose and followed him. And as he sat at table in the house, behold, many tax collectors and sinners came and sat down with Jesus and his disciples. And when the Pharisees saw this, they said to his disciples, "Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?" But when he heard it, he said, "Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. Go and learn what this means, `I desire mercy, and not sacrifice.' For I came not to call the righteous, but sinners."

Reflection:
Well, well… Matthew got a text today from our Lord. LOL… No! actually, Jesus showed up at Matthew’s booth and made a request, “Follow me”. And Matthew knew in his heart, this was where he wanted to be, so he followed Jesus. So from this point on, we know what Matthew’s career change is in scripture. Do you know what your calling in life is? When did Jesus call you? What were you doing? What did you stop doing and begin doing so that you can follow Him? For many of us this was a big lifestyle change; simply meaning going from a non-spiritual lifestyle to one a great devotion.

This my friends is: “My Story” This story has been shared worldwide for over a decade and read by thousands even as recent as this past week according to my blog statics report. I invite you, if you haven’t already read it, to read it and learn all about my journey to Jesus through our Lady.
http://beads-of-joy-blog.blogspot.com/2010/01/my-story-1st-time-posted-here.html


Originally written in 2006 while I was travelling across country in an 18-wheeler for TMC while building our ministry (Beads of Joy Rosary Ministry) and still studying and discerning to be a Secular Franciscan. The entirety of it was written in Oklahoma City over a long weekend. I can still remember the entire experience of writing my story and my story both, like as it they happened only yesterday. The experience has given my life “a mission” “a calling” that has lasted 33 years and it is still forging forward. When will this end? When I am no longer breathing. But I hope and pray that even then it still has some life to still somehow move forward in some way through these written words.

My Friends: I encourage you to find your mission in life. Seek out what it is Jesus wants of you and then spend your life doing it. Live, breathe, sleep, eat, talk, write it… 24/7/365. Pray and ask our Lord to guide you. Yes, you will have dry spells. Yes, you will have challenges (many at times). Yes, from time to time you may question everything. But I say this, if you know Jesus has guided and directed you. DO NOT STOP. Forge forward my friends. Somehow, some way the path will always be cleared for you. Just trust in His request and trust in His Will for your life and allow Him to do the rest; but don’t you rest, work day and night doing all you can to follow Him with Joy and excitement to spread His Word. He will show you the way! Directions may change. You may go from ship to shore. Facebook to Twitter. City to Towns. Whatever! Wherever! Jesus has an incredible way in our hearts to lead us, He will show you the way. My 33-year journey is my testament, my witness to all of what I am saying. See you tomorrow my friends. Promise.




LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

**(NEW DAILY FEATURE)

Today is Wednesday: We pray the Glorious Mysteries:

The Glorious Mysteries

1. The Resurrection (Faith) –Mark 16:1-8
2. The Ascension (Hope) –Luke 24:50-53
3. The Descent of the Holy Spirit (Love) –Acts 2:1-4
4. Assumption of Our Lady (A Happy Death) –Rev 12:1-6
5. The Coronation of Mary (Mary’s intercession) –Judith 15:9-10

Glory and Honor and Praise to You Lord Jesus!!!