Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Set Toward Jerusalem

BEADS OF JOY 09-27-16
“Set Toward Jerusalem”
©2016 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Gospel: Luke 9:51-56 (Set Toward Jerusalem)
“When the days drew near for him to be received up, he set his face to go to Jerusalem. And he sent messengers ahead of him, who went and entered a village of the Samaritans, to make ready for him; but the people would not receive him, because his face was set toward Jerusalem. And when his disciples James and John saw it, they said, "Lord, do you want us to bid fire come down from heaven and consume them?" But he turned and rebuked them. And they went on to another village.”

Reflection:
While the video below includes both today and tomorrows gospel. I will only reflect upon what today is all about. Tolerance of our enemies. Jesus not only offered friendship to those who did not like Him; but He also asked for their hospitality as He entered their towns and villages. The enemies we are speaking about are those who reject and ignore you and wish to have nothing to do with you. In Jesus’ time a Jewish pilgrim would never consider passing through Samaritan territory; they were common enemies, they would be treated badly and even assaulted. How do you treat those who treat you so rudely?

We all have people, friends and even family in our lives that want nothing to do with us. How do you handle that? Doing nothing is fine, but are you at least praying for them? God knows your heart and yes he knows their hearts to. Kindness and no lashing out is best. There are many people who don’t like me (us) and I don’t know why; but that’s ok, I don’t lose any more sleep than I already do, I leave all the worry to Jesus. I consider everyone a child of God, no matter what their faith is or what they believe and I believe in praying for everyone, even those I don’t particularly like because of their choices and viewpoints. I also don’t believe in judging anyone. Who am I to judge anyone? I am of no authority to be another’s judge! I am certainly not holier than thou, to be so ridiculous to think that I am. All judgment is left to God, not me. All I do is love, forgive and do unto others as I hope they’d do unto me.

Jesus teaches us to love one another. NOT Judge one another! We must not forget that! Too many people in this world spend too much time judging others. I don’t care what your color, creed, religion or even your politics are; my prayers and my love for you as a fellow child of God are all the same. If you are indeed God’s Child (which you are) than my job as a fellow sibling of the same Father; is to be praying that you to unite with all of us in Heaven as God so wishes all of His children to do one day. Our Father who art in Heaven, wants all of His Children to be with Him. In this life God’s Will and God’s Plan for each of us to some degree is unknown; we must trust that He will guide each of us and show each of us the way. So let us not hinder others and judge others and lash out at others like we are God (because we are NOT). Let God open their hearts, instead let us love them and pray for them and treat them with respect and love the way Jesus would want us to. Our example is the best way to show the way. Till we meet again tomorrow my friends.




LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

**(NEW DAILY FEATURE)

Today is Tuesday: We pray the Sorrowful Mysteries:

The Sorrowful Mysteries

1. Agony on the Garden (Sorrow for sin) –Matt 26:36-46
2. Scourging at the Pillar (Purity) –Mark 15:1-16
3. Crowning with Thorns (Moral Courage) –Matt 27:27-31
4. Carrying of the Cross (Patience) –Mark 15:20-22
5. The Crucifixion (Perseverance) –Luke 23:33-46

Thank you Lord for loving us so much…



Rosary Man Jim’s Sorrowful Reflection:
http://beads-of-joy-blog.blogspot.com/2014/02/the-sorrowful-mysteries_11.html