Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Jesus And His Family

BEADS OF JOY 09-20-16
“Jesus And His Family”
©2016 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,



Today’s Gospel: Luke 8:19-21 (Jesus And His Family)
"Then his mother and his brothers came to him, but they could not reach him for the crowd. And he was told, "Your mother and your brothers are standing outside, desiring to see you." But he said to them, "My mother and my brothers are those who hear the word of God and do it."

Reflection:
Today’s gospel is a tough reflection. I know some who don’t love Our Blessed Mother and take this opportunity to say, “See!!” My response is simple, “No, I don’t see!” So today I will instead reflect upon our spiritual relationships; which I guess really is a direct reflection of today’s gospel. Who do you have in your life that is of spiritual influence to you as you continue your journey following Jesus? This can be a friend, family member, neighbor, prayer team member, a Priest, a Religious, even someone in the public eye, on TV, online… God allows certain people to pass through our lives for a reason.

This person should not be worshiped or honored. This person can be admired and loved. I have 5 people I call my “Spiritual Super Heroes” I have a whole blog I wrote about them in. Today I will simply speak and share who they are; and why I feel so fortunate to have them in my life:

#1. Fr. Gerald Mullally –Born 05.11.50 -PASSED AWAY on 12.14.11 (we’ve been friends since 1991) what can I say that I haven’t already; and that I will continue to say? He was truly one of my bestest best friends. He was truly my brother. I was always able to contact him directly. Cell phone, text, email, Facebook, twitter. He was always available to me, no matter what. It didn’t matter. We spoke most every single day to some degree. He was my Spiritual Director for many years, back when he wasn’t comfortable being one. I begged him to be mine. He agreed and I showed what to do. LOL… I always had a Spiritual Director in my life. Eventually he became an incredible advisor spiritually for me. No matter where I was living, we always made time for one another. I miss so much, words won’t ever convey the loss in my heart. I can write volumes of books about all that Father and I shared.

#2. Jack McElligott -Born 01.13.25 -PASSED AWAY on 10.15.10 (friends since 1992) a very dear friend indeed, he to, has gone to be with the Lord. I miss you Jack. Jack was a man who I spoke to, online, on the phone, and in person. One day, a few months before he passed away six years ago, (when Chrissy first got diagnosed with cancer) he said to me while hanging out in my yard, “You know Jim, I get it, and I think I really understand you now. No matter how much stress you are under, no matter how many horrible things get thrown at you, you stay upbeat and happy and joyful all the time… It’s the depths of your faith, isn’t it?” I said, “Of cause it is Jack, it always has been.” He just smiled at me and said, “You have a wonderful gift, the gift of Joy in your heart, I am so happy for you Jim.” That was one of our last real wholesome faith filled conversations we had. That was also the time I ever since, before he died. I really miss him, he was one, wise, generous, giving, loving, incredible man. He never judged anyone, never spoke bad of anyone, always stayed positive and always gave all he had to everyone.

#3. Jerry Kelly –Born 11.04.45 He was 67 y/o -PASSED AWAY on 04.10.13 
(great friends since 1983) The Leader of Our Lady’s Pathways prayer group. And a dear close friend of mine, he was there from the beginning, when I first gave my life to Jesus. Jerry is a true man of honor and a true man of God; his private words to me during our prayer time, always touched the prayers that I privately prayed. God spoke through him many times to me. His love for our Lady is the love I learned from for her. I always think of him (Jerry) when I am really into my love for Mary. I always try to emulate his love for her. I met Jerry back in 1983 just prior to him and Carol starting (Our Lady’s Pathways Prayer Group), which I joined. He and I met at (Our Mother of Consolation Catholic Charismatic Prayer Group) at the convent. And we also together belonged to the (St. Patrick’s Catholic Charismatic Prayer Group) in Richmondtown, Staten Island. Jerry was an incredible Spiritual Role Model. Strong and Bold in his faith and love for our Lord and our Lady. I really miss you Jerry.

#4. Fr Peter Calabrese 
(been friends since 2002) He is the Associate Director of Our Lady of Fatima Shrine in Lewiston, NY. I believe he is of higher caliber now, it has been a while (years) since I have seen him last. He is busier these days, compared to the days when I use to hang out with him and Fr. Julio at the shrine. He is living the life I would have loved to live if I were to be a priest (which I did at one point, point out to him). Fr Peter was also my Spiritual Director for a while, when we lived up in Niagara Falls. He is a man with some incredible insightful wisdom. His bible studies were out of this world.  I really miss living only 6 miles from the Shrine. There was one time I told Father I envied his life. He was utterly amazed and he told me no one has ever told him that before. Then I shared my past desire to be a Priest and my love for our Lady and the Rosary; and how his life at Our Lady of Fatima Shrine would have been the life I would loved to live. It would have been my Heaven on earth. He got it! Miss my daily visits to the shrine Fr. Peter, hope to see you soon.

#5 Al Picogna OFS 
(we’ve friends since about 2005) Al is my Franciscan brother and dear close friend. He and I talk most every single day. He pointed out after Fr Mullally’s passing that he understands the depths of my sorrow. He said to me, “Jim, you talked about whatever was going on with you and Father, every single day we ever talked.” I was like, “I did??” Al’s insights and deeply rooted faith based life are a true inspiration to me. He is a remarkable friend, a true man of honor and an incredibly devoted dad to his daughters and their families and wonderful attentive grandfather. His family is so fortunate to have a man like him in their lives. There is no doubt in my mind that in many ways he is the Mother Teresa of our time. Respectfully. He is a giving man who does not put himself or his own needs first, ever. He always puts the needs of others first, whether it’s his children, grand-children, friends, or even his ex-wife. Al amazes me but does not surprise me with his generosity and love towards others. Thank You Al for being a true example of a Catholic who puts others first all the time.

John Michael Talbot's Reflection on Today's Gospel


LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

**(NEW DAILY FEATURE)

Today is Tuesday: We pray the Sorrowful Mysteries:

The Sorrowful Mysteries

1. Agony on the Garden (Sorrow for sin) –Matt 26:36-46
2. Scourging at the Pillar (Purity) –Mark 15:1-16
3. Crowning with Thorns (Moral Courage) –Matt 27:27-31
4. Carrying of the Cross (Patience) –Mark 15:20-22
5. The Crucifixion (Perseverance) –Luke 23:33-46

Thank you Lord for loving us so much…



Rosary Man Jim’s Sorrowful Reflection:
http://beads-of-joy-blog.blogspot.com/2014/02/the-sorrowful-mysteries_11.html