Saturday, September 10, 2016

Wise and Foolish Builder

BEADS OF JOY 09-10-16
“Wise and Foolish Builder”
©2016 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,



Today’s Gospel: Luke 6:43-49 (Wise and Foolish Builder)
“For no good tree bears bad fruit, nor again does a bad tree bear good fruit; for each tree is known by its own fruit. For figs are not gathered from thorns, nor are grapes picked from a bramble bush. The good man out of the good treasure of his heart produces good, and the evil man out of his evil treasure produces evil; for out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks. "Why do you call me `Lord, Lord,' and not do what I tell you? Everyone who comes to me and hears my words and does them, I will show you what he is like: he is like a man building a house, who dug deep, and laid the foundation upon rock; and when a flood arose, the stream broke against that house, and could not shake it, because it had been well built. But he who hears and does not do them is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation; against which the stream broke, and immediately it fell, and the ruin of that house was great."

Reflection:
Ok here we go… Homebuilder’s, carpenters, electricians, brick layers and I know so many others, lend me your ears (Yes, I’ll give them back!). Today Jesus taught a parable you might want to read. I’m only going to reflect on His teaching. I personally never build a house, at least not with a hammer and nails. I’ve draw homes (and built scaled models with balsa wood) on an architectural level including all building requirement specifications; so I have some simplistic semi-educated knowledge. I did all that throughout High School and my first year of College. My initial career choice was to be an Architect. So home design (foundation to chimney top) was something I loved since I was a teenager. Still do to some degree. Not with brick and mortar and getting my hands dirty of cause; but with the creative ideas of my mind on paper.

Building a house takes great planning, it’s not only a floor plan and a bunch of pictures of what the future inside will look like. But the location must also be taken into account. And when you pick the location, you must take into consideration the seasons, current and past. Even though it may look beautiful today, maybe three years ago there was a flood in the very spot you have chosen. I’m sure you are wondering, what does all this have to do with our faith? I thought the same thing to, the very first time I heard this scripture. But think about it. The basic concept here is the “foundation” and what the house is built upon.

What is your house built upon? YOU, your heart, your ulterior motives, your desires, your intentions, your choices; the very character of who we are. That my sisters and brothers is our foundation. The house that is built upon it, is our words, our sincerity, our gestures, our faith, our intentions, our motives and our actions. Do you speak out of the both sides of your mouth? Do you know what that means? It means on one side you say one thing and then on the other side you say and do the complete opposite. God sees that. He knows the Character of His children. We must build our lives on a solid foundation of faith and keep our house in order. If we say we are Christians and we care for others and love our Lord; then we need to live a life that reflects just that. We must say and do what we mean and live by what we claim we live by. There are way too many phony people in the world today! Don’t be one of them! Turn to Jesus and promise Him your honest, reliable self and live a life pleasing to Him; while helping and serving others with His hands and His love. God loves you all. See you tomorrow.

“Our words matter, for the very words we speak; come from the very foundation we are built upon.” ~me



LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

**(NEW DAILY FEATURE)

Today is Saturday: We pray the Joyful Mysteries:

The Joyful Mysteries
1. The Annunciation (Humility) – Luke 1:26-28
2. The Visitation (Love of Neighbor) – Luke 1:39-45
3. The Birth of Jesus (Poverty of Spirit) – Luke 2:1-20
4. The Presentation (Purity of Mind & Spirit) – Luke 2:22-38
5. Finding in The Temple (Obedience) –Luke 2:41-50

I simply love Saturday mornings, because Saturday like every other day of the week -it begins with the Rosary.



Rosary Man Jim’s Joyful Reflection:
http://beads-of-joy-blog.blogspot.com/2014/02/the-joyful-mysteries_10.html