Saturday, September 24, 2016

Second Passion Prediction

BEADS OF JOY 09-24-16
“Second Passion Prediction”
©2016 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Gospel: Luke 9:43-45 (Second Passion Prediction)
“And all were astonished at the majesty of God. But while they were all marveling at everything he did, he said to his disciples, "Let these words sink into your ears; for the Son of man is to be delivered into the hands of men." But they did not understand this saying, and it was concealed from them, that they should not perceive it; and they were afraid to ask him about this saying.”

Reflection:
Have you given our Lord your full allegiance? Like the disciples, do you marvel at all of what Jesus has done and acknowledge His greatness and love? We must be humble of heart before God to be in His favor. Today Jesus tells us a second time, ahead of time, that He is going to die. The disciples couldn’t grasp this. How could they? Jesus heals and He came too free His people. How can a Cross and death have anything to do with this? For today in this scripture the mystery of the Passion will continue to remain a mystery for the disciples.

There is one huge difference between us and the disciples: They lived the scriptures side by side with Jesus, living day by day only by faith not knowing what will happen. But we my sisters and brothers have the completed scriptures in our hands and we know exactly what is going to happen. So we have no excuse why we can’t have full faith and allegiance in Jesus Christ. I invite you today to spend time in scripture. Make it a Habit! Make it a Hobby! Make it become part of your Life! This new obsession will enrich your life in ways that will surprise you. Soon you subconscious will remember scripture and even “where” certain stories are.

Let me share with you my Bible Study Habits. For starters, I am not a boring, book reading, scholar who spends twenty hours a day translating literature into fifteen different ways to say I understand it. LOL. Now that sentence was confusing. Well, I don’t do that. I am a simple person who wants to enjoy scripture and I want to remember it, without trying. Yes, you read that correctly. So this is the basic general way I spend time in scripture. 75% of my time in the New Testament: Reading, Listening or Viewing. Yes, you read all those options correctly. Then I use 25% of my time in the Old Testament for reference study and chapter/event reading. In the past 33 years I have read the Bible about 3 times cover to cover. Today I invite you to see and hopefully adopt a method of study I have used for well over the past 13+ years now. Go to this link and learn of my method, see all the links, it’s all set-up already, it’s all free. ENJOY and you will become addicted like me. http://beads-of-joy-blog.blogspot.com/2013/11/rosary-mans-gospel-study.html Hope you all have a fantastic weekend, see you tomorrow.



LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

**(NEW DAILY FEATURE)

Today is Saturday: We pray the Joyful Mysteries:

The Joyful Mysteries

1. The Annunciation (Humility) – Luke 1:26-28
2. The Visitation (Love of Neighbor) – Luke 1:39-45
3. The Birth of Jesus (Poverty of Spirit) – Luke 2:1-20
4. The Presentation (Purity of Mind and Spirit) – Luke 2:22-38
5. Finding in The Temple (Obedience) –Luke 2:41-50

I simply love Saturday mornings, because Saturday like every other day of the week -it begins with the Rosary.



Rosary Man Jim’s Joyful Reflection:
http://beads-of-joy-blog.blogspot.com/2014/02/the-joyful-mysteries_10.html