Sunday, July 15, 2018

Gave Them Authority


BEADS OF JOY 07-15-18
“Gave Them Authority”
©2018 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Gospel: Mark 6:7-13 (Mission of the Twelve)
“And he called to him the twelve, and began to send them out two by two, and gave them authority over the unclean spirits. He charged them to take nothing for their journey except a staff; no bread, no bag, no money in their belts; but to wear sandals and not put on two tunics. And he said to them, "Where you enter a house, stay there until you leave the place. And if any place will not receive you and they refuse to hear you, when you leave, shake off the dust that is on your feet for a testimony against them." So, they went out and preached that men should repent. And they cast out many demons and anointed with oil many that were sick and healed them.”

Reflection:
Hey! What are you doing here? No really why are you here? Ok, I’ll be more clear in my question: What has God called you to do with your life? Yes, I have asked myself this very same question these past 35 years. There are times I know exactly and then I go through smokey unclear times that I am uncertainty. The only certainty is my faith and love for my Lord; but like many of us, the exact precious purpose at times gets foggy. I know we are here to: Love Him, Serve Him, Honor Him and Share Him and I do all I can to do, in each of those things, every single new day I am given. Not one day goes by, that He is not on my mind. Not one day goes by, that my heart doesn’t pound harder thinking how much I love Him.

Look at the chosen twelve, they were simple men, living simple lives. Jesus didn’t pick scholars or elite men who were the well-spoken of His time; on the contrary, He chose ordinary everyday working men that He saw a special quality in. We are just like these men, in many ways; who were unable to bring anything to the table to offer, except themselves. So, what’s holding you back from doing the same? Is there anything holding you back from giving Jesus everything you got? Every ounce of love? Every bit of energy? Ideas? The ability to reach out to others? To be His hands in mercy and love to others? Is anything you can do in His Name? I am sure there is a gift, He gave you, a “talent” an “ability”. Can you share it? Can it bring Joy to others? Maybe you are a great story-teller? Maybe you enjoy building furniture or crafts? Whatever it is, you can ask our Lord to show you, how you might do this wonderful talent for His Glory, in His Name. Do you know how I started writing? Well I will tell you… You knew this was coming. LOL

I started journaling and writing short stories in 1982. Then, I started writing poetry in my High School senior year 1983. I don’t really know exactly what drew me to it, I did and still do love music. Lyrics always intrigued me, as do words in sentences and books and stories and I just love to read. So, I guess all that combined just got me writing poetry and short stories. It was short, to me it was simple, and I wrote dozens every day. Many about my family, my life and relationships with friends, etc. Then in the Spring of 1983 I met Jesus. And I knew instinctively what I needed to do. I began to write poems about my Lord and our Lady and my Love for them, and share them with everyone. Eventually in a very evolving sort of way, “Beads of Joy Rosary Ministry” began in a typed monthly form. LOL, wow that was way back in the day. I have hundreds upon hundreds of poems about my Love for Jesus, our Lady and The Rosary. Eventually this evolved into writing short explanations of scripture, stories incl. Sci-Fi, reflections, events in my life, and then my personal story, etc. And here we are today 35 years later and I never stopped. I trust the Lord will lead you, to your talent, and you will use it, for His Glory. Till tomorrow. God Bless you.


Jesus Chooses His Disciples


How ROSARY MAN JIM Began
The Beads of Joy Rosary Ministry
BONUS (I made this in 2013)


Beads of Joy Rosary Ministry's
What is our Purpose...
BONUS (I also recorded this in 2013)



Pondering these thoughts today: Hope you all enjoyed these bonus videos of me. I am a ham in front of the camera. I will one day get back into doing that with a very vibrant YouTube account sharing our Lord, our Lady and the Rosary. What is your talent? What are your skilled at doing or what do you enjoy doing? The best question is: How can that be part of your life, in such a way that it glorifies Jesus? Think about, work on it and then pursue it.

LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Sunday: We pray the Glorious Mysteries:

The Glorious Mysteries

1. The Resurrection (Faith) –Mark 16:1-8
2. The Ascension (Hope) –Luke 24:50-53
3. The Descent of the Holy Spirit (Love) –Acts 2:1-4
4. Assumption of Mary (Grace of a Happy Death) –Rev 12:1-6
5. Coronation of Mary (Mary’s intercession) –Judith 15:9-10

Glory and Honor and Praise to You Lord Jesus Christ!



MY FIRST BOOK.
(Mary’s Way of The Cross - .99¢)

MY SECOND BOOK.
(Praying The Complete Rosary - .99¢)

Rosary Man Jim's
Decades With Our Lady Podcast
https://rosarymanjim.podbean.com/