Monday, July 9, 2018

Lord, I am READY


BEADS OF JOY 07-09-18
“Lord, I am READY”
©2018 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,



I present to you, a little bit of a change up for today’s reflection. Saturday’s gospel had me thinking a lot about the change I am experiencing. I walk most every single day, usually 1-3 miles, never less than at least a mile. Friday morning, I took my walk, after morning prayer and postings and prep for Saturday’s reflection. Saturday’s gospel was all about the old and new wine-skins. And in order for the wine-skins to hold the expansion of the new wine during fermentation, they had to use new wine-skins; because the old ones would tear, if they were only repaired and not replaced. So, I got to thinking.  <smiling>

With all of that, on my mind and the night before, I just cut my beard off, I thought, “Wait a second, I am 100% completely in my new “wine-skins” right now. I recently bought new sneakers, shorts, underwear, socks and the shirt was the blue one we bought in Arizona on our Arizona trip.” Wow! When it hit me, I literally stopped for a moment while walking, looked up and said, “Lord I am here, and I am ready, now more than ever, I am in my new wine-skins.” Now I can begin my NEW LIFE with the ability to grow and to share and to expand, without tearing or ripping or falling apart. This made me feel incredible. And I knew at some point, I just had to share this with all of you. Now keep in my mind these are the options I am looking at for me. I realize there are many other options, but these draw the most interest to me... I still want the Lord in someway to show me the way.

 
This is the chapel in the Barnabite Father's House at the Fatima Shrine.
It was here, two times a day that I prayed for these options in my life.

My main option which is still not fully explored is the Priesthood, with the Barnabite Fathers. The shortest path of time for me would be, to go to Italy for 7 years. There I would be able to go to college in Italy and get my Masters. Father said college time and degrees are different than that of the US. And then I would go to seminary there, once that is complete, I can be ordained in Italy. All of that is so very exciting and it cuts down my study/prep time by 2-3 years. If I did stay in the US I would live at the shrine and go to Buffalo for all my schooling. The Barnabites would either purchase me a car or provide me transportation to and from school, for all those 9+ years. This is truly the sacrificial life, something I feel drawn to.

Another option I have, is to continue my Rosary Ministry, which began in 1983, and I would also continue writing books. I do have several in progress right now. I would add to that, public speaking and seminars, where I would want to be a speaker. This option is of great interest to me, due to the fact that I was already considering it prior to my Calling to the Priesthood, that I had during this past Lent. This plan would also include traveling throughout the continental U.S. so I can do talks; write more books and have an extensive ability to have photography incorporated greatly into this plan.  

And then as a final option, if it be His Will, with the right girl. I would still consider Marriage. I have only shared that with a few friends, but I never took this off the table of consideration. I just loved being a husband and all that it encompasses -companionship, love, doing things together, and for each other and just having someone I really love by my side. That is exciting and fun. Married life sits really good with me. I am someone who fully and completely commits to the relationship 100%, no matter what. She would truly get 100% of my love and devotion. And Yes, she would be put on a pedestal in my life. Not to worship, but to fully 100% love and cherish for the rest of my life. I have no list of specifications at all in anyway, the Lord shall make it happen if it’s meant to be. I would want that magic to just naturally happen. I would only hope and pray, that she has a deep faith, and a real love for our Lady and the Rosary. That is all. We’d plan a big wedding, and then everybody would talk about us. LOL !!! It don’t have to be big, whatever, whatever... I’m just having a lot of fun with my sharing today.

The combination of the last two, combined with her dreams and her goals, sounds pretty exciting. I just know our Lord will show me where I should be.

LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Monday: We pray the Joyful Mysteries:

The Joyful Mysteries

1. The Annunciation (Humility) – Luke 1:26-28
2. The Visitation (Love of Neighbor) – Luke 1:39-45
3. The Birth of Jesus (Poverty of Spirit) – Luke 2:1-20
4. The Presentation (Purity of Mind & Spirit) – Luke 2:22-38
5. Finding in The Temple (Obedience) –Luke 2:41-50

I simply love Monday mornings, because every morning begins with the Rosary.


MY FIRST BOOK.
(Mary’s Way of The Cross - .99¢)

MY SECOND BOOK.
(Praying The Complete Rosary - .99¢)

Rosary Man Jim's
Decades With Our Lady Podcast
https://rosarymanjim.podbean.com/