Sunday, July 22, 2018

Many Saw Them


BEADS OF JOY 07-22-18
“Many Saw Them”
©2018 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,

A typical meal for our Family of 7

Today’s Gospel: Mark 6:30-34 (Return of The Twelve)
“The apostles returned to Jesus and told him all that they had done and taught. And he said to them, "Come away by yourselves to a lonely place, and rest a while." For many were coming and going, and they had no leisure even to eat. And they went away in the boat to a lonely place by themselves. Now many saw them going, and knew them, and they ran there on foot from all the towns and got there ahead of them. As he went ashore he saw a great throng, and he had compassion on them, because they were like sheep without a shepherd; and he began to teach them many things.”

Reflection:
For what is this life without Jesus? Nothing! This life’s meaning, purpose, reason and everything means nothing without Jesus. I know we are all in different places in our lives but let us all should agree on one thing; we must have Jesus in the center of our life, our choices, our decisions and in everything we do. We should spend our whole entire life, trying to love Jesus as much as He loves us; some will achieve this, but most won’t, but we should do our best. What I mean by that is that some will literally surrender and lose everything of this world for our Lord, including their very lives; most will come close, but not that close. I like to think and hope that if I am ever confronted with that in my life, there is no doubt that I would open my arms, look up to Heaven and shout for joy to my Lord saying, “Lord, I’m Coming Home!”.

I know for some that’s a little bit too much drama. Well, buckle up (lol) I am not here to bake you a tray of lasagna and give you back rubs. Hmmm, Ok I will bake you some lasagna. See, even in all this drama, I love making my lasagna. You know if the end times do come in my lifetime and you do smell lasagna being baked; it’s probably me. Well, it is my absolute favorite meal. In my life, it’s the best, breakfast, brunch, lunch, snack and dinner I have ever tasted, and I mean it with all my heart, or at least all my stomach. Oh wow, did I side track, see what good food does to me. I think I need to make a tray a lasagna real soon, and a huge vat of sauce (my sauce).  But this side track shows us all something very important about how easily distracted we can get. I even added this picture of me holding a simple, conservative size serving, of my lasagna.

My Typical single serving of Lasagna!!

Jesus Must absolutely be the first thought in our minds as we kick start our days (Good Morning Lord). He must be the first words we speak (Prayer). As everything happens throughout our day, good and bad and confusing (Thank you Lord). Yes, that wasn’t a misprint. We don’t always understand the bad things or things we perceive as bad; but in God’s plan and will for our life He does. Thanking Him in all things is very important in our journey. But we must be on the journey to be in the loop, so when Jesus says, follow me, we must and so much of this will become more of a natural part of our lives. I know many must wonder if I ever breathe with these long sentences... LOL




The Gospel - Mark 6:30-34
(16th Sunday in Ordinary Time)



Mark 6:30-34
JMT Gospel Reflection



Pondering these thoughts today:
I hope I am not too harsh, or strange or hardcore with my spiritually. To me loving Jesus is everything! My faith comes first always! Period! And living life that way is incredibly awesome. If you are ever nearby, we can sit down over a huge dish of lasagna and talk about these things. I’m Italiano, soa whena wea sita witha anyonea, wea gotta toa eata! LOL I ama nutsa!

“A tutti coloro che amano il cibo italiano, siediti e mangia con noi italiani, amiamo il cibo, amiamo cucinare e amiamo Gesù.” (To everybody who loves Italian food, sit down and eat with us Italians, we love food, we love cooking and we love Jesus.)

PS. I did have my DNA done at Ancestry:

83% Southern Italian
8% Caucasian
(this is a region south of Turkey)
7% Middle Eastern
2% North African


LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Sunday: We pray the Glorious Mysteries:

The Glorious Mysteries

1. The Resurrection (Faith) –Mark 16:1-8
2. The Ascension (Hope) –Luke 24:50-53
3. The Descent of the Holy Spirit (Love) –Acts 2:1-4
4. Assumption of Mary (Grace of a Happy Death) –Rev 12:1-6
5. Coronation of Mary (Mary’s intercession) –Judith 15:9-10

Glory and Honor and Praise to You Lord Jesus Christ!



Rosary Man Jim's Glorious Reflections: 
http://beads-of-joy-blog.blogspot.com/2013/05/the-glorious-mysteries.html

MY FIRST BOOK.
(Mary’s Way of The Cross - .99¢)

MY SECOND BOOK.
(Praying The Complete Rosary - .99¢)

Rosary Man Jim's
Decades With Our Lady Podcast
https://rosarymanjim.podbean.com/