Sunday, July 8, 2018

He Began To Teach


BEADS OF JOY 07-08-18
“He Began To Teach”
©2018 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Gospel: Mark 6:1-6 (Rejection at Nazareth)
“He went away from there and came to his own country; and his disciples followed him. And on the Sabbath, he began to teach in the synagogue; and many who heard him were astonished, saying, "Where did this man get all this? What is the wisdom given to him? What mighty works are wrought by his hands! Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary and brother of James and Jose’s and Judas and Simon, and are not his sisters here with us?" And they took offense at him. And Jesus said to them, "A prophet is not without honor, except in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house." And he could do no mighty work there, except that he laid his hands upon a few sick people and healed them. And he marveled because of their unbelief. And he went about among the villages teaching.”

Reflection:
I wasn’t going to write what I am writing now, I really don’t even want to write this. See, I do not like to offend or hurt anyone, even if I am the only one feeling offended by offending someone else. I hope that made sense? I have a severe problem with lashing out at anyone, even if they reject or hurt me. Unfortunately, the people who reject you the most are those closest to you. I can’t do this. I’m not speaking of anyone in my household or here with me, it’s way too long a story to even get into it. What I will say is this, the rejected relations from that rejection from long ago, have been healed, it has taken nearly two decades to feel more comfortable around them. We had three years of silence, yes it was that bad. It affected my family greatly, Chrissy was extremely upset and disappointed when it happened, the rejection was totally uncalled for. Ok, I digress, I can’t do this.

Rejection from anyone is hard enough to handle. Look how people feel when their Facebook posts don’t get “Likes”. I know someone agreed with that. Why do we do the things we do in general? So, someone notices it, and someone does appreciate what we did. Yes, maybe, we do it out of the goodness of our hearts, but let’s be completely honest; doing something for someone is an act of love towards them, their noticing and responding is an act of love towards us. So, to be rejected in anyway, ignored or even forgotten is very hurtful. We are human beings craving interaction with other human beings, who are loving and kind. Yes, some people like confrontations and arguments and debates and comparisons; I would think most people would rather be accepted and loved for who they are, even if they are not like everyone else. Now are you following me.

Through all the years, I have been sharing the Rosary and our Lord and our Lady I have never let the rejection of any sort affected me, it has never ever stopped me from doing what I am doing. Yes, I have ONLY one time that I experienced one very scary thing, that scared the crap out of me. LOL. I mean it! Case and point: One time I got a message from someone holding a gun (shotgun) with their face half covered, with the isis flag nearby. I got so scared, I didn’t even read anything, it was in Aramaic anyway, instead I deleted, blocked and if I could run LOL, LOL, LOL I really would have ran. I did not say i-ran...(get it) lol, I said I would have ran. Ok, that scared the pi-doddles out of me. I laugh about it so much now, but holy cannoli, that was over the top for me. That was not rejection, that was downright scary. Ok, all joking aside I did hype up the part of that story, that made you laugh to. But, if that was in person and in real life in person; I would have died for my faith, no question, no second guessing, straight forward and simple like that. Period!


The Gospel - Mark 6:1-6
(Fourteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time)


How Can Jesus be Both God and Human?


Pondering these thoughts today: OK, after y’all calm down, from your laughing, we’ll review. Now I’m laughing. LOL. By the way if you are laughing from that experience, I like that. And yes, that is totally and completely true. Today, let us think about how we treat others who are different then us or who seem disagreeable with us? How do we treat them? Me, I accept everyone on the surface till I get the chance to know them, then I try to find the best qualities I can for each of the people I know. Yes, we all have our closet full of uglies, but we also have a wall of wonderful smiles to share also. Let us try to be more loving and friendly towards everyone, even if they don’t exactly believe and think exactly like we do. You know that’s ok, being different, it’s a good thing. We are to be like Jesus, with a sincere, love and compassion for everyone, praying for them and being like Jesus in our love for them, no matter how difficult.

LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Sunday: We pray the Glorious Mysteries:

The Glorious Mysteries

1. The Resurrection (Faith) –Mark 16:1-8
2. The Ascension (Hope) –Luke 24:50-53
3. The Descent of the Holy Spirit (Love) –Acts 2:1-4
4. Assumption of Mary (Grace of a Happy Death) –Rev 12:1-6
5. Coronation of Mary (Mary’s intercession) –Judith 15:9-10

Glory and Honor and Praise to You Lord Jesus Christ!



MY FIRST BOOK.
(Mary’s Way of The Cross - .99¢)

MY SECOND BOOK.
(Praying The Complete Rosary - .99¢)

Rosary Man Jim's
Decades With Our Lady Podcast
https://rosarymanjim.podbean.com/