Thursday, October 27, 2016

Jesus' Sorrow For Jerusalem

BEADS OF JOY 10-27-16
Jesus' Sorrow For Jerusalem
©2016 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Gospel:Luke 13:31-35 (Jesus' Sorrow For Jerusalem)
“At that very hour some Pharisees came, and said to him, "Get away from here, for Herod wants to kill you." And he said to them, "Go and tell that fox, `Behold, I cast out demons and perform cures today and tomorrow, and the third day I finish my course. Nevertheless, I must go on my way today and tomorrow and the day following; for it cannot be that a prophet should perish away from Jerusalem.' O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, killing the prophets and stoning those who are sent to you! How often would I have gathered your children together as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, and you would not! Behold, your house is forsaken. And I tell you, you will not see me until you say, `Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!'"

Reflection:
Jesus always knew Jerusalem would betrayed Him and rejected Him and eventually He would die upon the cross; but He also knew He would rise in victory for both the Jews and the Gentiles. But who would accept Him as Lord and Savior? Do you make room in your life for Jesus? Do you love Him the way He loves you? We must remember it is Jesus and only Jesus, who has made it possible for us to have full access to Almighty God.

Look what Jesus did when He was threatened. What do you do? Do you run? Do you hide? Do you flee and escape so that no one knows where that Jesus speaking crazy person is? OR Do you hold your ground like Jesus? Do you stand strong in your faith regardless of the threat? Think about so many people in the Bible who were threatened to STOP all their preaching and miracles. What did they do? They continued and worked even harder for our Lord. Many risked their lives, many died, they knew that getting God’s Word out was bigger than them; more important than even the breath they were breathing. Obviously, everyone decides for themselves what they will do for themselves; I am neither suggesting or telling you what to do. I am just reflecting, you decide. I have been threatened and cursed at and ridiculed multiple times throughout my 33-year journey, once in a very scary way, but I am still here. I have many eyes watching me that my system tells me are watching me. But that’s OK, I am not stopping.

I place all my hope and all my trust in my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. And it is through Him that I have the strength to move forward each day. I don’t judge or ridicule anyone, I mind my own business and keep on keeping on. Jesus knows my heart, I am not perfect nor will I ever be; I just want to serve Him and share my faith my entire life, that is all I have ever wanted to do. This is not a business for me nor is it a way to make a living for me, THIS IS MY LIFE! My love for my Lord runs through my veins and I feel an urge to share that joy; as long as blood flows through my body, I will always do all I can to encourage others to journey closer to Jesus. I find tremendous comfort through Our Lady (Jesus’ Mom -Mary) and through the Holy Rosary. That prayer is at the root of my journey, it has been from Day-1 and still remains a vital part of me as I continue my life’s journey HOME. I love you guys and I always will; talk to you tomorrow.



LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

**(NEW DAILY FEATURE)

Today is Thursday: We pray the Luminous Mysteries:

The Luminous Mysteries

1. The Baptism of Jesus (Matt 3:13-17)
2. Wedding Feast of Cana (John 2:1-12)
3. Proclamation of the Kingdom of God (Mark 1:15)
4. The Transfiguration (Mark 9:2-13)
5. Institution of the Holy Eucharist (Matt 26:17-30)

Glory and Honor and Praise -Lord Jesus Christ!!