Saturday, October 8, 2016

Truly Blessed Are They

BEADS OF JOY 10-08-16
“Truly Blessed Are They”
©2016 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,



Today’s Gospel: Luke 11:27-28 (Truly Blessed Are They)
“As he said this, a woman in the crowd raised her voice and said to him, "Blessed is the womb that bore you, and the breasts that you sucked!" But he said, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and keep it!"

Reflection:
Do you know that our very goal in this life should be the very reason why God created us in the first place; and that is to be united with Him… -for all eternity in Heaven. Do you hunger for God in your life? Do you really hunger to have Him as an interrogate part of all you do? All the choices you make? Everything! The who in your life or in scripture or in your faith do you look to; as an example of one who gave of their life entirely to God? To His Will? To even the on-slaughter of criticism and even death for some? We have the Saints! We have the Apostles! We have the Blessed Mother! Some of those Saints are from our time, some are from throughout history.

Who do I look to? There are many, but I immediately think of Paul the Apostle, an amazing gifted man; I will speak of him shorty. But first, more candidly I think of Mary, our Lord’s Mother, our Blessed Mother. Right from the start of her conversation with the angel Gabriel she said, “I am the handmaid of the Lord; let it done to me according to your word.” (Luke 1:38) No hesitation, I love that! Mary simply, very devoutly believed in God. PERIOD! That is pure faith, if I could have 1% of that incredible deep unquestionable faith my life would be most blessed. Mary stayed by Jesus’ side through it all, knowing in her heart that He had to do this. But this hurt her deeply as His Mother. I can’t imagine the pain of a Mother seeing her Son on a journey; be loved by everyone, then hated and beaten almost to death, and then take up His Cross to His Death. Mary was a very strong woman, strong because of her faith and her understanding that God’s Will and God’s hand was in all that was happening; and she simply trusted everything in the midst of her tears. Pray the Rosary every day to get close to our Lady. I do!

Now Paul the Apostle had a problem, he was a horrible speaker. I am so THRILLED that he was! Why do you ask? If Paul was a GREAT speaker we wouldn’t have the 23% of the New Testament that he wrote. He had the gift of his faith come through in his writings. Where would the Letters to the Corinthians be? They wouldn’t be! What about Romans? Galatians? Paul’s life and journey and commitment to Jesus was unquestionable. His faith was BOLD. Study his life, learn of his journey you will see exactly what I mean. My faith has become Bolder because of the example I have seen in Paul The Apostle.

Remember what Jesus has said today my sisters and brothers, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and keep it!” See you tomorrow.


LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

**(NEW DAILY FEATURE)

Today is Saturday: We pray the Joyful Mysteries:

The Joyful Mysteries

1. The Annunciation (Humility) – Luke 1:26-28
2. The Visitation (Love of Neighbor) – Luke 1:39-45
3. The Birth of Jesus (Poverty of Spirit) – Luke 2:1-20
4. The Presentation (Purity of Mind and Spirit) – Luke 2:22-38
5. Finding in The Temple (Obedience) –Luke 2:41-50

I simply love Saturday mornings, because Saturday like every other day of the week -it begins with the Rosary.