Friday, October 7, 2016

A House Divided

BEADS OF JOY 10-07-16
“A House Divided”
©2016 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Gospel: Luke 11:15-26 (A House Divided)
“But some of them said, "He casts out demons by Beelzebul, the prince of demons"; while others, to test him, sought from him a sign from heaven. But he, knowing their thoughts, said to them, "Every kingdom divided against itself is laid waste, and a divided household falls. And if Satan also is divided against himself, how will his kingdom stand? For you say that I cast out demons by Beelzebul. And if I cast out demons by Beelzebul, by whom do your sons cast them out? Therefore, they shall be your judges. But if it is by the finger of God that I cast out demons, then the kingdom of God has come upon you. When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are in peace; but when one stronger than he assails him and overcomes him, he takes away his armor in which he trusted, and divides his spoil. He who is not with me is against me, and he who does not gather with me scatters. "When the unclean spirit has gone out of a man, he passes through waterless places seeking rest; and finding none he says, `I will return to my house from which I came.' And when he comes he finds it swept and put in order. Then he goes and brings seven other spirits more evil than himself, and they enter and dwell there; and the last state of that man becomes worse than the first.”

Reflection:
If true FREEDOM is what you seek, then your house must be in order and Jesus must be the King and Lord of your Home. We must not disobey the Lord; Jesus makes it very clear that there is no “neutral zone” in this world when it comes to our faith. Yes, I slipped in a trekkie word there. After all Jesus and our Father are from the Heavens, so why not. You guys know me, I sometimes run off the grid. Please smile. Thank you! Let us do our best to never live in a divided house of faith. We must all stand strong together in faith and trust and love in Jesus Christ. For He alone is our Lord, He died for us, so that we may live and spend all eternity with Him and the Father in Heaven.

How do you live your life? Do you feel there is a void in your life? Do you seek ways to fill that void? Jesus wants us to fill all vacancies with Him Alone, His Word, His Love, All Things Jesus!! Be consumed by our Lord! I have learned these past 33-years that if you really love Jesus, which I do; you can’t help but be completely consumed by thoughts of Him, the Father, our Lady, Scripture and the Rosary - 24/7/365. Maybe that’s just me, I don’t know, but I doubt it’s only me. I really have virtually no other interests that don’t somehow tie into my faith. And if they don’t, then I make sure Mass and believers are part of my fellowship time, enjoying what I enjoy. I am very serious about staying very focused in my faith. I have been since the Spring of 1983.

Today I encourage you to rearrange your life so that The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit have a dominate place in your life; along with the Mass, Adoration, Confession, our Blessed Mother, The Rosary, Scripture and Prayer. You get the idea! Turn over a new leaf! Wipe the slate clean! Eat a couple of slices of Pizza! Opps? I don’t know how that got in there. LOL!! Well, you get the general idea of what I am saying is: Keep it simple, keep it fun, keep smiling and keep it fully focused on Jesus. Believe me when I say your life will never ever be the same again. You will begin to always find the silver lining in every single dark cloud. You will find a smile amongst every group of tears. You will giggle when you most need it. Our Lord will shake your heart full of His Joy exactly and preciously when you need it most. Nobody does it better than Jesus. Nobody loves you more than He does. Keep strong in your faith my sisters and brothers, I am praying for you always. Talk to you tomorrow.



LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

**(NEW DAILY FEATURE)

Today is Friday: We pray the Sorrowful Mysteries:

The Sorrowful Mysteries

1. Agony on the Garden (Sorrow for sin) –Matt 26:36-46
2. Scourging at the Pillar (Purity) –Mark 15:1-16
3. Crowning with Thorns (Moral Courage) –Matt 27:27-31
4. Carrying of the Cross (Patience) –Mark 15:20-22
5. The Crucifixion (Perseverance) –Luke 23:33-46

Thank you Lord for loving us so much…



Rosary Man Jim’s Sorrowful Reflection:
http://beads-of-joy-blog.blogspot.com/2014/02/the-sorrowful-mysteries_11.html

FRIDAY’S
I share this meditation I wrote back in 2010. Here I share my own personal insight and experience, as I journey with our Lady from station to station.

Many Franciscan groups around the world use this for their own group gathering while they meditate the Stations with our Lady. http://beads-of-joy-blog.blogspot.com/2010/03/marys-way-of-cross.html It is unique and emotionally very moving as you move from station to station… From my heart to yours.