Tuesday, October 18, 2016

St. Luke, Evangelist

BEADS OF JOY 10-18-16
“St. Luke, Evangelist”
©2016 James Dacey, Jr. OFS


My Friends,


Today is the Feast Day of St Luke, Evangelist
Luke is the author of both The Gospel of Luke and The Acts of The Apostles. In today’s blog I have 3 videos. The first video is a mini-biography, the second is the complete Gospel of Luke movie, I think you will enjoy that and the third is my absolute favorite The Acts of The Apostles (The Life of The Apostle Paul). If you don’t have the time to watch them now, come back at another time, as often as you wish and watch them. I have watched both the Gospel and Acts multiple times; I can’t get enough of them. They are both inspiring, scriptural and very educational in my own spiritual journey, as I hope they will be in yours.

Reflection:
Just as Luke himself writes as he begins writing The Gospel According to Luke:

Many have undertaken to draw up an account of the things that have been fulfilled among us, just as they were handed down  to us by those who from the first were eyewitnesses and servants of the word. With this in mind, since I myself have carefully investigated everything from the beginning, I too decided to rite an orderly account for you, most excellent Theophilus, so that you may know the certainty of the things you have been taught." ~Luke 1:1-4


So too Luke writes as he begins writing The Acts of The Apostles:

In my former book, Theophilus, I wrote about all that Jesus began to do and to teach until the day he was taken up to heaven, after giving instructions through the Holy Spirit to the apostles he had chosen. After his suffering, he presented himself to them and gave many convincing proofs that he was alive. He appeared to them over a period of forty days and spoke about the kingdom of God.” ~Acts 1:1-3

St Luke (mini-biography)




The Gospel of Luke – Film




The Acts of The Apostles (The Life of The Apostle Paul)




LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

**(NEW DAILY FEATURE)

Today is Tuesday: We pray the Sorrowful Mysteries:

The Sorrowful Mysteries

1. Agony on the Garden (Sorrow for sin) –Matt 26:36-46
2. Scourging at the Pillar (Purity) –Mark 15:1-16
3. Crowning with Thorns (Moral Courage) –Matt 27:27-31
4. Carrying of the Cross (Patience) –Mark 15:20-22
5. The Crucifixion (Perseverance) –Luke 23:33-46

Thank you Lord for loving us so much…




Rosary Man Jim’s Sorrowful Reflection:
http://beads-of-joy-blog.blogspot.com/2014/02/the-sorrowful-mysteries_11.html