Saturday, January 2, 2010

Rosary Mans - 2010 Resolutions

Beads of Joy 01-02-10

Rosary Mans - 2010 Resolutions
©2010 James Dacey, Jr. SFO

Hello Everyone,

Dear Lord, thank you for allowing me to be part of your wonderful family. This past year was pretty incredible. I look forward to whatever direction you send me personally, as long as I can worship you. I desire nothing, other than to only do with me what you will with my life, my talents and my time for you Lord.
(Footnotes are added throughout to give more insight)

2010 Resolutions

Spiritual Resolutions

- Always remain focused on Jesus, always. Because in the end Jesus is all that matters. Always keep this though in front of me. He is the one who will give us everlasting life. He is the one who gives us peace, He is the one who gives us joy. In this short moment of time we have been given, let's use it wisely.
(Footnote: I am addicted to Him already I have been since 1983.. LOL)

- Daily Mass. I must return to this commitment. Now that I work nights, I am home early enough to attend daily 7am Daily Mass before I go to sleep.
(Footnote: I have done this so many times throughout my life, time to get back to Daily Mass)

- Everyday in my journal, at the end of my days entry, write down at least 2 things I am grateful for that day. Make 2010 the "My Year of Gratitude".
(Footnote: I always journal a lot, so adding this adds more appreciation for everything.)

- Now that we are fully back "home" get back involved much more at St Patrick's Church like we use to be. Eucharistic Minister, Youth Ministry, Rosary Makers Guild, Prayer Team, Knights of Columbus, etc.
(Footnote: Our lives use to revolve around St Patrick's schedule and people, we miss that.)

- True happiness must be found in serving others. This is not just an entry in my list of resolutions, this must be JOY to its fullest, beyond the immense levels of joy I experience in my life everyday now. Joy meaning: Jesus Others Yourself. The center of all my joy must be in the service of others. I must give my life away by putting others before me. 1 John 4:20 "If someone says, "I love God," and hates his brother, he is a liar; for the one who does not love his brother whom he has seen, cannot love God whom he has not seen."

- Scriptures to apply: 2 Timothy 2:15 "Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth."

- 1 Peter 4:10 "Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms."

Family Resolutions

- This year I would like to go through ALL our family photos. We have 23 years of photos to go through. Digitally scan all of them and look into having a "homepage" of sorts for them on-line.
(Footnote: We have so many boxes of photos, this really needs to be done.)

- One day out of every month will be "Ancestry Day". On that day we as a family will visit the family cemetery plots, including both sides of the family, on Staten Island and in Brooklyn.
(Footnote: When we lived near the Island, we use to always do this a lot.)

- One day out of every month will be "Family Splurge Day" guess that will be pretty much self explanatory. Eat, and shop all day.

- One day out of every month will be "Silver Screen Family Day" go to the movies, lots of snacks and drinks. Dinner and a movie night.
(Footnote: We have done this many times, especially when we lived in Western New York.)

- One day out of every month will be "Secret Family, Helping Others Day" this could be so much fun. Secretly find out who needs help, then together come up with a plan to drop off to them: food or money, or a gift card, or a mix of a bunch of things for them and their family.

- Every single day, tell my family that I love them. Verbally, notes, calls, whatever way the message can be conveyed. Everyday !!!

Husband Resolutions

- Need work in this area. 2010 needs to be a time for us to reconnect.

- Matthew 7:5 "You hypocrite! First remove the beam from your own eye, and then you will see clearly enough to remove the speck from your brother's eye." Apply this passage to my approach.

Friends Resolutions

- This year amongst all my friends expand my address book to include all my close on-line friends. Including mailing addresses, email, phone, birthdays, anniversaries, etc. Good idea for Christmas 2010 for mailing Christmas Cards.

- Seek out more friends, who are devoted to the rosary, love Jesus, and enjoy fellowship.

Community Resolutions

- 2009 has got me all wound up, some people really know my anger. 2010 will be my personal year of political involvement in our communities. Time to make sure I do all I can to help support the politicians who care about the people, the unborn and the voice of the people. Time to reclaim our country back to our freedoms. And it's also time to vote the selfish spenders out, to the curb unemployed.

- Our Lady's Pathways Prayer Group, Staten Island, NY. Reconnect with Jerry Kelly and Carol Bulcroft, get our family involved with the prayer group, the gatherings and the events.
(Footnote: We use to be very involved with this prayer group from 1983-2000)

Helping Others Resolutions

- Easter 2010, secretly help out a family, food and chocolate.

- Christmas 2010, secretly help out a family, food and gifts.

- Make sure to help those groups that helped us when I was unemployed.

Praying The Rosary Across America Ministries Resolutions

- Expand our outreach, using the 10 month national layout sheet. Spreading the joy of the rosary and building our unity is the central focus. More and more and more of us really praying together.
(Footnote: Somewhat has been in progress these past 3 years, need to buckle down now.)

- Eventually it would be nice to see "Friends of the Rosary" expand into all the prayer groups throughout our nation. This is a huge task that is already in motion. Following phase I (the prior resolution) will lead into this phase.

Health Resolutions

- Exercise. My current career is not good for my health, I need more exercise. Even if its only on the weekend.

- Do more research for vegetarian recipes. Looking to expand on meal ideas that are fully vegetarian, not just the usual way we do it.

Intellectual Resolutions

- Read a "new" book every month. Realistic goal is once a book is completed start the next one. Focus: Books on the lives of the saints, church history, etc. Not only with the objective to deepen my faith, but to also expand my inner joy.
(Footnote: I have done this many times in the past, its a good thing.)

- Revisit and restart making word games and number games. I have many already created, time to revive them, make more and share them.
(Footnote: I use to create a word game for the shrine free each month, for their magazine.)

Writing Resolutions

- Continue posting ALL my "Beads of Joy" writings on my new blog page. (This is a collection of almost everyday since 2008, many are posted on my my-space and need to be copy/pasted over and there are even more in my journals hand written.)

- Start a new Blog Page like the Beads of Joy one. This one will be for all my other writings from my journal collection, including short stories of every kind (too many to count), poems (hundreds of them). Chronologically lay them out on that blog page. I must go through my 12 boxes of journal books and sift through them. Big Job here.

- On a poster board visually layout my (6) book projects that are in motion. I need a plan to one by one get them finished and published.

- Start seeking out places that could use a writer for articles, research and devotional studies, do all the work for free.

- Plan one of these book projects to be fully beneficial to the shrine. Ask Fr. Peter to consider co-authoring the book with me. All proceeds will go to the shrine 100%.- Inevitably I'd like "writing" to be my career.

See how I told you how these "resolution" lists can get out of hand. LOL. I agree I do kinda go overboard, and maybe I need a hobby, oh wait I have one (writing) which is what got me into all this. LOL. I can be goofy I admit it, but hey this is me. Maybe all this can give you some ideas in your own life. Will every single one of this come to pass in 2010, maybe not. But that's ok, that's really never my objective believe it or not. I look at it this way, if I try to accomplish 50 things and all that sticks is 30 or 20, that's fine, besides I usually accomplish at least something on all points. See if I didn't try to accomplish a lot, then the little I do, I never would have done. LOL, does that make sense?

Have Fun !!


Your brother in Christ Jesus & His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr SFO