Thursday, March 17, 2011

Humble Yourself Before Him

Beads of Joy 03-17-11

Humble Yourself Before Him
©2011 James Dacey, Jr. SFO

Hello Everyone,

Now is the time that we all need to be bold in our faith. Boldly with reverence ask God for His blessings, His love, His forgiveness, His will in your life. Don't back down, don't chicken out rather kneel at God's feet with love and adoration for all He has done for you, tell Him that you love Him. And in that love He will indeed know what you need, what you seek, and why it is that you are knocking. God only wants the best for us, sometimes we don't know, certain requests will harm us, or worse destroy us. God's infinite wisdom will decide, what, where and when and if we will get what we want. In that wisdom, God will give us what He knows we need.

Spend time in God's word, and then shut up and be silent before God. LOL. I didn't mean that rudely by any means. I mean that in that I have been told that many times. As many of you know, I never shut up, I can talk you straight to sleep. God is not a magician, or a crowd pleaser. God is rather a merciful, caring and loving God. And think about this, does a disobedient child who asks for something always get what they want? No. Let us try to get our spiritual life in order, and in that God will guide our Spirit to desire that which He so wants us to desire. Here's what I pray:

Dear Lord, You know what I need better than I do, and you know when I need that thing. God please guide my life to want and love that which you know I need and so desire. No Lord, I do not know what it is, but I know you do. Please open my eyes and my heart at the time you see best for me to see it and know. I trust fully in whatever you so chose for me Lord. And I just know that I will love it with all my heart. Amen

Do you see how open we need to be. God's will isn't always easy to see or understand, but soon enough we will have a much better idea, in which direction God is sending us. We can't be spoiled children demanding what we want, what we seek and if I am knocking, you must answer my call. Be instead humble and quiet in His presence, in our silence before Him, God will speak to us.

Today's Gospel: Matthew 7:7-12 (Ask, Seek, Knock)
"Ask, and it will be given you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For every one who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. Or what man of you, if his son asks him for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent? If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him! So whatever you wish that men would do to you, do so to them; for this is the law and the prophets."

Questions To Ponder Today:
-Do you honestly think God hears your prayers?
-How much do you hunger for God?
-Are you one who is always asking things from God?
-Are you one who is always seeking God?
-When you have knocked, does God answer?
(Do not worry about anything. Trust Jesus instead.)


HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY

Your brother in Christ Jesus & His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr SFO

Today we pray the Luminous Mysteries

1. Baptism of Jesus
2. Wedding at Cana
3. Proclamation of the Kingdom
4. The Transfiguration
5. Institution of the Holy Eucharist